Windows 10: My harddrive disk partition configuration changed unexpectedly

Discus and support My harddrive disk partition configuration changed unexpectedly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My hard drive disk partition configuration changed unexpectedly. I discovered the problem when I got an error message saying my Windows 10 automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zaydebob, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Zaydebob Win User

My harddrive disk partition configuration changed unexpectedly

My hard drive disk partition configuration changed unexpectedly. I discovered the problem when I got an error message saying my Windows 10 automatic update failed due to lack of space on the C: drive. The D: drive is now slated as the main data partition and shows 915GB of free space. I had only been using the C: drive for the full 1TB disk drive. I have backed up data files, but not Outlook. My grandson has been playing Xbox games on my PC. Is this what caused the problem. How do I restore my original configuration. Thanks in advance for assistance.

:)

Zaydebob, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Zaydebob Win User

My hard drive disk partition configuration changed unexpectedly. I discovered the problem when I got an error message saying my Windows 10 automatic update failed due to lack of space on the C: drive. The D: drive is now slated as the main data partition
    and shows 915GB of free space. I had only been using the C: drive for the full 1TB disk drive. I have backed up data files, but not Outlook. My grandson has been playing Xbox games on my PC. Is this what caused the problem. How do I restore my original configuration.
    Thanks in advance for assistance.

Zaydebob, Jun 26, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User

Hi Zaydebob

This should be easily resolved, in order to provide you with a solution, open Disk Management (accessible by right clicking your Start Button), please provide a screenshot of the resulting window, so I can view your partition table on that drive . . .

DaveM121, Jun 26, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

1. My harddrive disk partition configuration changed unexpectedly - Similar Threads - harddrive disk partition

2. Changed my harddrive now a new disk named SYSTEM not the new harddrive shows up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changed my harddrive now a new disk named SYSTEM not the new harddrive shows up: HelloToday I changed my harddrive and now all of a sudden a new disk named SYSTEM not the new harddrive shows up under my computer. It has a volum of 256MB and does not show under diskmanagment....
  3. How to undo a harddrive partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to undo a harddrive partition?: Hi all. My laptop is partitioned into a C and D drive. The C drive is now very low but the D drive has loads of space. I have tried to create unallocated space on the D drive to move to the C drive but this has not been possible. I think I may need to do a full reset, would...
  4. How to undo a harddrive partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to undo a harddrive partition?: Hi all. My laptop is partitioned into a C and D drive. The C drive is now very low but the D drive has loads of space. I have tried to create unallocated space on the D drive to move to the C drive but this has not been possible. I think I may need to do a full reset, would...
  5. Unexpected configuration error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexpected configuration error: Hi, would anyone know why I get this message when I try to print a PDF from my email account please?Your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem, 0x80070005Thank you in advance - Andy...
  6. extending a harddrive partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    extending a harddrive partition: i recently partitioned a drive on accident and wanted to delete the partition. all i get is greyed out. can anyone help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extending-a-harddrive-partition/d458fe6e-0515-4b20-bbc1-cc7dc98e0e9f
  7. unexpected configuration problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unexpected configuration problem: I keep getting "unexpected configuration problem 0x8007007e" how do I resolve this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unexpected-configuration-problem/06487b6c-4fcf-4eaa-8103-736b72c09a03
  8. "Unexpected configuration"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Unexpected configuration": Can't print anything. Help please windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unexpected-configuration/b43fe107-e74b-45d9-824a-d871dd98fe47
  9. Change Multi-Partition Configuration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change Multi-Partition Configuration: I have attached a file to show the current configuration of my hard drive. Historically, I purchased the computer with Vista OS and then added the Windows 7 and Windows 10 partitions later as as these OSs became available. I am now running out of space on my hard drive and...
  10. Is my Disk Partition Configuration Preventing Windows 10 Installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is my Disk Partition Configuration Preventing Windows 10 Installation?: I posted a thread here about my Windows 10 installation problems https://www.tenforums.com/installatio...what-next.html Some of the installation log errors are these: 2015-11-17 10:38:33, Error IBSLIB OSRollbackService::CBootFilesRestoreCheckpoint::Finalize: Failed to...