Windows 10: My HDD Light Stops blinking and my system freezes

Discus and support My HDD Light Stops blinking and my system freezes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So my computer has been freezing quite a lot recently. There's not a specific task that will freeze the computer, it happens randomly. The HDD light... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kushal123, Nov 27, 2019.

1. kushal123 Win User

My HDD Light Stops blinking and my system freezes

So my computer has been freezing quite a lot recently. There's not a specific task that will freeze the computer, it happens randomly. The HDD light will stop blinking and my disk usage will be 100% and my computer will just freeze. I am still able to use my mouse but nothing else works.
    My computer info:
    Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 645
    Memory: 6 GB
    BIOS Version/Date: American Megatarends Inc. 6.06, 3/22/11

I have windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 and it's installed on a Samsung SSD 860 Evo 500GB. I literally have nothing installed on my computer except for Chrome and VMware. I tried everything that I could find on the internet. These are some of the things I tried:
    1) Disable MSI for the controller in the registry. (This seemed to help but its freezing again)
    2) Scanned and Updated all my drives and Windows.

I tried a bunch of other things but I can't remember off the top of my head. If anyone has any suggestions please don't hesitate. I am willing to try anything. This is really getting frustrating. Thank you in advance. If more information is needed I can provide I just really need this to be fixed. Thank you.

:)

kushal123, Nov 27, 2019

2. system freezes when blinking of hdd stops

my system freezes randomly and when it freezes blinking of hdd light stops.no mouse and keyboard works.hard to reboot is only way to restatrt the system.i recover my system but it cant help.

DileepTrivedi, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Randomly freeze's after hdd light stop's blinking

Hi.i had a problem with my laptop .my hdd light will go off completely and then my laptop freeze's & it always does this after a while no matter what i 'm doing.

My specs are

Geforce 940mx

Intel i5 6th gen

8gb ram ddr4

I tb hdd

Please help.

DileepTrivedi, Nov 27, 2019
  4. My HDD Light Stops blinking and my system freezes

Laptop freezes and HDD light turns off!!

Sometimes when i'm on my laptop it freezes and the HDD light off Idk if this just means your laptop is not working but I have it feeling that's not the case. If i'm watching Netflix or anything that involves volume on my laptop and it freezes, 90% of the
    time it will freeze but the volume in will continue playing but stop after a good minute after the laptop freezes. Also there's like a 25% chance the laptop wont freeze but when the hdd light turns off everything will stop working and noting will open, it'll
    seem like i have no internet but that's false. Please help!!

AlwynAquino, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

My HDD Light Stops blinking and my system freezes

1. My HDD Light Stops blinking and my system freezes - Similar Threads - HDD Light Stops

2. Blinking light

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blinking light: For about four weeks now I have had a blinking light on my Dell laptop with windows 10 system. Can someone give me some idea what it could be coming from? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-light/451dc606-35c1-43e2-9880-d60ec411ae44"
  3. Storage HDD causes system freeze.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Storage HDD causes system freeze.: Lately my F: (Seagate 3TB HDD) has been causing the system to freeze 1-2 seconds, presumably when it is waking as it coincides with me accessing something from the disk and I can hear the drive noise at the same time. This does not usually cause a system hang so is something...
  4. Cursor stops blinking

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor stops blinking: The cursor stops blinking after several blinks. Textpad, Excel and Wordpad. MSWord ok. Don Cole 129918
  5. Matrix Screen Freeze and Blinking

in Windows 10 Support
    Matrix Screen Freeze and Blinking: Hi. Recently, I've changed my HDD to WD Black WD5000PLX 500gb and added 4Gb of RAM (AMD Radeon R5 DDR3L) on my laptop HP 15-ba600ur. After that I installed Windows 10 Pro. What started to happen next: I was using FL Studio and my OS freezed, some strange "matrix movie" stuff...
  6. My mousr cursor is blinking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My mousr cursor is blinking: [ATTACH] Hello, I am using the Toshiba laptop with the Win10 system. My mouse cursor blinking when I am moving the mouse and the cursor is invisible when I am not moving the mouse. There is also a barely visible bubble stick on the bottom of the screen which I attached...
  7. Corsair iCUE Lighting Software Crashed My System.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corsair iCUE Lighting Software Crashed My System.: I downloaded and ran the Corsair iCUE software some days ago in preparation for the delivery of my Corsair K70 RGB keyboard. Everything was going well and I completed the few basic intro options, e.g. language, left it at that and went back to what I was doing without...
  8. My mouse wont stop freezing!

in Windows 10 Customization
    My mouse wont stop freezing!: Since like 1 month ago, my mouse kept freezing for no reason, how can I make it stop? 1 month ago, my mouse started freezing, I use a wireless mouse, it's not original from Microsoft, it's those ones you could buy from tech shops. Sometimes, my mouse froze and then some...
  9. Modem lights keep blinking but no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Modem lights keep blinking but no internet: I am using TP-Link W8968 model since last year. Since last 3-4 days, the internet works fine without any problem but suddenly after few min or hours, internet light and LAN light continuously blinking even I don't surf anything. To find out what is happening in the...
  10. System won't stop freezing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System won't stop freezing: It ran fine since my last thread but now it just won't stop freezing both with and without OCs. It's been like this for a good 4-5 days. What should I do ? (BSODs seem to be gone since my last thread too) 39065