Windows 10: My HDD makes a grinding sound, followed by a 1-2 seconds OS freeze.

Discus and support My HDD makes a grinding sound, followed by a 1-2 seconds OS freeze. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi community. I'm experiencing some issues since I installed a new HDD on my desktop which I exclusively use for storing games and pictures. Since,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Edgar Gutiérrez, Jan 28, 2020.

1. My HDD makes a grinding sound, followed by a 1-2 seconds OS freeze.

Hi community.

I'm experiencing some issues since I installed a new HDD on my desktop which I exclusively use for storing games and pictures. Since, Windows freezes now and then through a clicking sound from the drive while not even requesting data from it. I was doing only SSD which still is my primary with the OS in it and it was working flawlessly. The drive came faulty? Common way to fix this? This issue is happening a lot lately. Thanks for the support!

My rig just built it: i7 9700k, ASUS prime b365 m, 8gb RAM, 500 w EVGA psu, 240 kingston SSD, no GPU yet.

- I don't really game on my PC.
    - Top to back airflow configuration, not where the HDD is.
    - No heat, OC or stress use.
    - 1 TB Seagate Barracuda is the regarding HDD. Just got it new from Amazon.
    - Only half capacity on use.

:)

Edgar Gutiérrez, Jan 28, 2020
  2. blo0ody Win User

My computer sometimes freezes and make buzzing sound for 1-2 seconds!!

I hear the buzz on my headset ..

this is similar to my problem:

but with me it freezes and buzz for 1 second only then all good ..

blo0ody, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Tibbus Win User
    Windows freeze 1-2 secs because of the hdd

Hi,

I have 2 ssd(256GB) and 1 hdd(1TB), for all the apps and Windows I use the ssds, the hdd I use it only for some storage.

I have an issue where Windows constantly is reading data from the hdd even I don't have any apps on it, my hdd is going in idle very fast so when Windows is trying to read the data it freezes for 1-2 secs to spin the hdd (I can hear the spin when it tries,
    zuuuuuum and it takes 1-2 secs to recover). (even if I use only the browser for example)

I had this issue before last year but forgot how I solve it, the issue appeared again before build 15007.

(from power settings --> hdd sleep is set to 0)

Tibbus, Jan 28, 2020
  4. blo0ody Win User

My HDD makes a grinding sound, followed by a 1-2 seconds OS freeze.

My computer sometimes freezes and make buzzing sound for 1-2 seconds!!

Hello,

I never had an issue with my pc untill couple days ago, it started to freeze and make buzzing sound for couple seconds about every 10 minutes while playing games or watching a movie!

PC specs:

» CPU : Intel® Core™ i7-4790K Processor @ 4.00 GHz
    » Videocard : EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+
    » Motherboard : ASUS Z97 Deluxe
    » RAM : 32 GB

blo0ody, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

My HDD makes a grinding sound, followed by a 1-2 seconds OS freeze.

1. My HDD makes a grinding sound, followed by a 1-2 seconds OS freeze. - Similar Threads - HDD makes grinding

2. My GPU fans are making a grinding/vibrating sound. How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My GPU fans are making a grinding/vibrating sound. How can I fix this?: Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yq4Mzf My GPU fans are making a horrible grinding noise when I increase the fan speed past a certain threshold. How can I fix this? If this can’t be fixed, I’ll have to return this to Newegg and look for another 6800 XT. I have an ASRock...
  3. Having 1 second freezes with buzzing sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having 1 second freezes with buzzing sound: I request you to read fully to understand the problem thoroughly.So, I have been having this problem for a month and a half now and I don't have a solution for it. I have looked about it everywhere tried everything but nothin worked.I noticed this very first while playing a...
  4. Having 1 second freezes with buzzing sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having 1 second freezes with buzzing sound: I request you to read fully to understand the problem thoroughly.So, I have been having this problem for a month and a half now and I don't have a solution for it. I have looked about it everywhere tried everything but nothin worked.I noticed this very first while playing a...
  5. Having 1 second freezes with buzzing sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. My PC freezes for five seconds every 1-2 minutes.

My PC freezes for five seconds every 1-2 minutes.: Hello, I have a problem with my pc. A random freeze happens for about five seconds every minute or two. It is like when you are typing, working or surfing then this freeze happens, the pc receives what I am typing but postponing the letters to show/ the clicking to happen...
  7. My laptop freezes after every 2-3 seconds and makes buzzing sound if video is played

My laptop freezes after every 2-3 seconds and makes buzzing sound if video is played: My laptop freezes after every 2-3 seconds and after restarting the laptop the problem goes away for that time only and again appears. While it freezes the laptop makes the buzzing noise if there is any video is getting played. I have done the following things but didn't work...
  8. Fan making grinding noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fan making grinding noise: My fan is making a terrible grinding noise. It runs loud and also pulses at times. I called tech support. They wanted $90 to fix. What is causing this? The mentioned something about fan drivers (and other drivers not working properly). How can I fix it?...
  9. My computer sometimes freezes and make buzzing sound for 1-2 seconds!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer sometimes freezes and make buzzing sound for 1-2 seconds!!: Hello, I never had an issue with my pc untill couple days ago, it started to freeze and make buzzing sound for couple seconds about every 10 minutes while playing games or watching a movie! PC specs: » CPU : Intel® Core™ i7-4790K Processor @ 4.00 GHz » Videocard :...
  10. Performance: 2 HDD VS 2 Partitions in 1 HDD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance: 2 HDD VS 2 Partitions in 1 HDD: I have C: for OS, D: for my documents. I use for game dev, mostly using Phoshop, Unity Which one of the follow options have better performance? 2 HDD (1 for OS, 1 for documents) 1 HDD 2 Partitions (1 for OS, 1 for documents) 62047