Windows 10: My HDD running Win10 has failed. What next?

Discus and support My HDD running Win10 has failed. What next? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I realize to some this is a really basic issue and fix. Please forgive me if this is not the sub for this question. I was running an HP laptop with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FLaMonteG, Jun 2, 2020.

1. My HDD running Win10 has failed. What next?

I realize to some this is a really basic issue and fix. Please forgive me if this is not the sub for this question.

I was running an HP laptop with windows 10 home. The hard drive has failed. I have an odor HP running windows seven and I would like to use that hard drive in my HP laptop that was running windows 10. However I have forgotten the password on the laptop running windows seven.

Here are the questions I need help with. 1) Since I have forgotten the password on the laptop running Windows 7 is it possible to get around the need of a password to logon so that I can format it to Windows 10 to use on my other laptop? And, 2) what’s the best way to get Windows 10 on the HDD running Win7 if I’m able to successfully get pass the forgotten password? Thank you in advance for your assistance with this.

submitted by /u/FLaMonteG
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FLaMonteG, Jun 2, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 2, 2020
  4. JayTeeHam Win User

My HDD running Win10 has failed. What next?

Reinstalling Win10 On New Hard Drive, current hdd is failing and i need to replace.

Reinstalling Win10 On New Hard Drive, current hdd is failing and i need to replace fast! Backup and restore misses several key files so can't transfer to new hdd.

I need to reinstall my winOS on a new hdd, current hard drive is failing fast! I bought Win8, upgraded to 8.1 free, then 10 free. I can't find Win 10 Product Key Only Product ID Listed In SysInfo.

Can I download Win10 for free somewhere, and locate the Product Key to install for free, or do I have to buy the complete WinOS 10 Pro to the tune of $200!!!? Help Please! Thanks so much!

JayTeeHam, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

My HDD running Win10 has failed. What next?

1. My HDD running Win10 has failed. What next? - Similar Threads - HDD running Win10

2. What next, MR

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What next, MR: So ive made the bootable recovery onto a USB pendrive and made and image of the C drive onto an external SSD, so im going to do a back up every week so what do i choose, full image every time Incremental or differential ? 183538
  3. HDD crashed, installed new SSD, recovered HDD - what to do next?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDD crashed, installed new SSD, recovered HDD - what to do next?: Windows 10 - older desktop computer. First the story:Had a 1TB HDD running everything. It started to struggle to boot. I put "buy a new drive" on my to-do list. And of course, it died before I replaced it. Procrastination 1, human 0.So before giving up, I purchased a new SSD,...
  4. HDD failing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD failing?: Hi- I'd like to ask if the HDD C: drive in my 2013 Lenovo desktop is dying. Windows has frozen and required resetting twice in 3 months. After this last episode, restoring my backup from Norton 360 took 24 hours to transfer the first 10,000 files out of the 55,000 total via...
  5. Failing Win10 update, how to obtain info on WHAT is failing?

Failing Win10 update, how to obtain info on WHAT is failing?: Hi all! Every time Windows 10 Home decides it is time for a forced upgrade of my OS (currently on the 1709 version) I have the same nightmare. The upgrade eventually fails with the message that some windows component is not compatible. After a lot of work last year I managed...
  6. Server certificate has been revoked ERR_CERT_REVOKED! What next?

in Windows 10 News
    Server certificate has been revoked ERR_CERT_REVOKED! What next?: [ATTACH] When visiting a website, if you receive a warning and an error message saying that the Server certificate has been revoked ERR CERT REVOKED, then it means that SSL certificate used by the website has been revoked by its issuer. This [...] This post Server...
  7. Moving Win10 from a failing HDD to a SSD

Moving Win10 from a failing HDD to a SSD: I have a friend whose IDE hard drive is failing. He wants to replace it with a SSD. The cloning process won't work because of the drive (clicking). How can he get his Windows 10 moved?...
  8. failing HDD with Win10 on it upgraded from Win 7

failing HDD with Win10 on it upgraded from Win 7: HP PC originally with Window 7, upgraded to Windows 10 during free upgrade period. HDD is failing (HP error BIOHD-8) so need to replace HDD. How can I get legal copy of Windows 10 on new HDD? Thanks in advance....
  9. Win10 Upgrade failed - Black Screen, no backup image - What next?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Upgrade failed - Black Screen, no backup image - What next?: I foolishly allowed Windows to upgrade to Win 10 without thinking of backout options. *Redface*Redface*Redface I have a Win7 repair disk for the PC from a couple of years ago but now the PC is showing nothing on screen and Win 10 as the OS when booting from the repair disk,...
  10. What is the next build? 10166 runs too well

What is the next build? 10166 runs too well: Seeking for the latest release? If 10176 is illegal then give me another release to test.... 8203