Windows 10: My HDMI port doesn't work after 5th December 2018 update (Win10)

Discus and support My HDMI port doesn't work after 5th December 2018 update (Win10) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My problem is very clear. After the 5th December 2018 upgrade, my HDMI port stopped work. I can't switch between my laptop screen to the external one.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mjc_OS, Feb 16, 2019.

1. mjc_OS Win User

My HDMI port doesn't work after 5th December 2018 update (Win10)

My problem is very clear. After the 5th December 2018 upgrade, my HDMI port stopped work. I can't switch between my laptop screen to the external one. The monitor and HDMI cable works with other PCs. I was trying to upgrade and even downgrade graphics cards drivers - no result. I'm sure that this is because of Microsoft update. Probably this version was installed: KB4469342. In the description, we can read "Addresses an issue that causes display settings to stop working when changing a multi-monitor configuration.", but in my case, something went wrong. This option was working, now doesn't work.

What may I do to fix it? Install the older version of the update? But which one? I'm looking forward to the new, better update for windows 10...

Please, ASAP

Regards,

mjc

:)

mjc_OS, Feb 16, 2019

2. USB 3.0 port and HDMI port is not working after installation of WIN10

USB 3.0 port and HDMI port is not working after installation of WIN10

karthikeyanrk, Feb 16, 2019
  3. HDMI Port Stopped Working

I generally use a second monitor via an HDMI cable while working. However, it stopped working today.

I checked these:

• Windows cannot detect a second monitor when HDMI cable is connected to the second monitor.
    • HDMI cable which I use works if another device is connected to the second monitor.
    • My computer detects my HDMI-to-VGA converter through HDMI port.

My computer runs Windows 10 Home with latest updates installed.

I suspect this is due to a driver error. How can I fix this problem?

yildizabdullah, Feb 16, 2019
  4. TheMC1 Win User

win10 HDMI worked then stopped working

hi

win 10 w ASUS P8Z77-M motherboard using on board video. very vanilla setup.

after win10 upgrade, it took me a while to figure out I needed to update motherboard stuff but finally got HDMI monitor working.

then today a giant step backwards.

I plugged in a mini USB hub and now HDMI quit working under windows. It works fine when running diags initially but when it transitions to windows, no more HDMI signal. so unplugged usb hub but now no HDMI in windows. this blows. i appreciate it was my bad
    not to do all mobo upgrades prior to win10, but this is nuts.

So i am open to suggestions on how to resolve this. I'm shocked HDMI would have stopped working in windows.

THanks,

Mike

TheMC1, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

1. My HDMI port doesn't work after 5th December 2018 update (Win10) - Similar Threads - HDMI port doesn't

2. HDMI port not working after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI port not working after update: Well, it seems that this problem still hasn't been solved after years of occurrences... After the latest Windows 10 update KB5028166, my HDMI port no longer works. I successfully uninstalled the update once, but Windows has since automatically reinstalled it, and now nothing...
  3. HDMI port not working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI port not working after update: Well, it seems that this problem still hasn't been solved after years of occurrences... After the latest Windows 10 update KB5028166, my HDMI port no longer works. I successfully uninstalled the update once, but Windows has since automatically reinstalled it, and now nothing...
  4. HDMI port not working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HDMI port working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI port working after update: Well, it seems that this problem still hasn't been solved after years of occurrences... After the latest Windows 10 update KB5028166, my HDMI port no longer works. I successfully uninstalled the update once, but Windows has since automatically reinstalled it, and now nothing...
  6. HDMI port working after update

HDMI port working after update: Well, it seems that this problem still hasn't been solved after years of occurrences... After the latest Windows 10 update KB5028166, my HDMI port no longer works. I successfully uninstalled the update once, but Windows has since automatically reinstalled it, and now nothing...
  7. HDMI port working after update

8. HDMI port is not working after an update on Windows

HDMI port is not working after an update on Windows: My HDMI port is not working after an update on Windows. The update was on May 11th. I have tried to update the driver but it doesn't help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-port-is-not-working-after-an-update-on/3a71a7c9-eadd-4b2b-b192-3707687f17d0
  9. USB 3.0 port and HDMI port is not working after installation of WIN10

USB 3.0 port and HDMI port is not working after installation of WIN10: USB 3.0 port and HDMI port is not working after installation of WIN10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-30-port-and-hdmi-port-is-not-working-after/2c2922c3-6f73-482f-bc4a-d4d0f48a1841
  10. December 2018 Win10 update trashes PC boot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    December 2018 Win10 update trashes PC boot: I am absolutely furious at the latest update which has trashed the boot process of my PC. Just before Christmas, I signed out of my PC, noticing it said "Update and restart". I clicked, saw the screen indicating the progess of the update and left the room while it did its...