Windows 10: My headphone jack isn't working

Discus and support My headphone jack isn't working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So for the past 2 or 3 months I haven't been using my laptop as often because of school. About 2 months ago my headphone jack was working fine, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CandidTechnology6, Nov 21, 2020.

1. My headphone jack isn't working

So for the past 2 or 3 months I haven't been using my laptop as often because of school. About 2 months ago my headphone jack was working fine, and then I did a windows update and didn't use my laptop for like a week. When I came back the headphone jack didn't work. I've tried with multiple pairs of headphones and it still plays the audio just fine, but it comes out of the laptops regular speakers and not the headphones. All the headphones work just fine on my phone and other devices.

I feel like it's a driver thing or windows update thing. Is there any way I can revert back to an older update or get an older driver maybe?

submitted by /u/CandidTechnology6
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CandidTechnology6, Nov 21, 2020

2. Headphone jack not working

Hi Jonathan,

Issues with headphones or headphone jack could have happened due to hardware issues. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you update your driver. You can follow this
    link
    for the steps on how to update drivers in Windows 10.

If the issue still occurs, we suggest that you contact your manufacturer to check and troubleshoot your hardware issue with headphone jack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Nov 21, 2020
  4. My headphone jack isn't working

Headphone jack not working

Hi Kurtis,

For us to narrow down your concern with your headphone jack, we would like to know the following:

• Have you tried a different headphone? If yes, what is the result?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

My headphone jack isn't working

1. My headphone jack isn't working - Similar Threads - headphone jack isn't

2. My front headphone jack isn't working... but the motherboard cables are connected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My front headphone jack isn't working... but the motherboard cables are connected.: As the title says it doesn't work, i don't have a single clue on what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-front-headphone-jack-isnt-working-but-the/ad94a708-b9f3-467c-81ff-a360473ee8dd
  3. My front headphone jack isn't working... but the motherboard cables are connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My front headphone jack isn't working... but the motherboard cables are connected.: As the title says it doesn't work, i don't have a single clue on what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-front-headphone-jack-isnt-working-but-the/ad94a708-b9f3-467c-81ff-a360473ee8dd
  4. My front headphone jack isn't working... but the motherboard cables are connected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. headphone jack not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headphone jack not working: hi, my headphone jack is not working, i thought it was a problem with the hardware, but it might be with the software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack-not-working/2c88511a-bec2-4417-8797-294affcbfaad
  6. Headphone jack not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphone jack not working: My headphones were working perfectly fine until a couple hours ago when they just stopped working.I tested the headphones and they work perfectly fine,so the problem is with the headphone jack.The headphones are not detected in control panel and I've tried reinstalling the...
  7. Headphone Jack Not Working

Headphone Jack Not Working: I've had this problem where my headphone jack isn't working. It's not a problem with my headphones as I have plugged them in to other devices and they work fine. If i connect my headphones to my Xbox controller and connect it to my PC they work. This is just very odd and I...
  8. headphone jack is not working

headphone jack is not working: head phone jack works when i disable and re-enable audio driver and after removing when i re-plugged headphone it is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack-is-not-working/220d93b5-19aa-4fff-b005-f54e21087d91
  9. Headphone jack isn't working

Headphone jack isn't working: Hi, I think my headphone jack isn't working. The same headphone work on different devices. Sound came from of main speaker instead of headphones when I plugged it in. I don't know, it may be my laptop's hardware problem. Please Help!!!!...
  10. headphone jack not working

headphone jack not working: on my win.10 Inspiron all-in-1, the headphone jack is inoperable. went to sound and in playback tab, speakers/headphones from Realtek are selected as default device??? I've been threw troubleshooting, support, microsoft and intel. anyone w/same... please share fix info...