Windows 10: My headphone/speaker jack just stopped working

Discus and support My headphone/speaker jack just stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My headphone/speaker jack no longer works. Have tried to run Troubleshoot but it just tells me "it cant recognise the problem" or that my earbuds are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by thegeegs, Jul 2, 2019.

1. thegeegs Win User

My headphone/speaker jack just stopped working

My headphone/speaker jack no longer works. Have tried to run Troubleshoot but it just tells me "it cant recognise the problem" or that my earbuds are not plugged in where they are

In addition, and I dont know if this pertains to the same type of thing, my audio is very low. I have it at 100% but sometimes when I am listening to something, I can barely hear it...

Help please!

:)

thegeegs, Jul 2, 2019

2. Laptop speaker/headphone jack not working.

I have a Logitech speaker system attached to my Sony V10 laptop. Since down loading windows 10 my headphones/speaker jack has stopped working. It worked fine with windows 8.1 I have tried other speakers and headphones without success. Is their anyway to
    rectify

this situation.

MichaelDovey, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Ivy Mun Win User
    Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Jul 2, 2019
  4. My headphone/speaker jack just stopped working

Why does plugging headphone jack in stop internal speakers to working (even after headphones are unplugged)?

I recently bought a Dell latitude E6420 i5-2520M 8GB and I am experiencing a very annoying issue with the speakers.

The sound coming from the laptop's internal speakers works until I plug the headphone jack into the computer for the first time. When I unplug the headphones, the internal speakers do not come back on.

What I have tried so far with no success:

• Uninstall and reinstall audio/sound drivers
    • Tried Realtek drivers
    • Disabled headphones
    • Recovery and reinstall Windows 10

Every time I uninstall and reinstall the sound drivers the speakers start to work again until I plug in and then remove the headphones.

How can I resolve this?

Marcellinov, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

My headphone/speaker jack just stopped working

1. My headphone/speaker jack just stopped working - Similar Threads - headphone speaker jack

2. Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers: How do I use both headphone Jack and Built in Speakers at the same time?I have checked on sound settings but my Headphone jack does not Show.My volume only comes out of the headphone jack but I would like to use both Built in speakers and headphone jack at the same time with...
  3. Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers: How do I use both headphone Jack and Built in Speakers at the same time?I have checked on sound settings but my Headphone jack does not Show.My volume only comes out of the headphone jack but I would like to use both Built in speakers and headphone jack at the same time with...
  4. Headphone jack not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphone jack not working: My headphones were working perfectly fine until a couple hours ago when they just stopped working.I tested the headphones and they work perfectly fine,so the problem is with the headphone jack.The headphones are not detected in control panel and I've tried reinstalling the...
  5. Laptop speakers and headphone jack dont work?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop speakers and headphone jack dont work?: My laptop was working fine last night but as I booted it up this morning the speakers dont work and connecting my usual headphones to the jack just renders static with no sounds from the laptop. I tried updating the drivers but nothing happened. I connected earphones and...
  6. headphone jack is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    headphone jack is not working: head phone jack works when i disable and re-enable audio driver and after removing when i re-plugged headphone it is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack-is-not-working/220d93b5-19aa-4fff-b005-f54e21087d91
  7. Speakers won't work. Routing to headphone jack only

Speakers won't work. Routing to headphone jack only: Hey All I'm having an issue where when my headphones are unplugged, my speakers labeled "Speakers RealtekR Audio" don't work at all, even though my computer thinks they are completely functional. Plugging in my headphones without changing the device appears to output audio...
  8. Speakers Routing to Headphone Jack

Speakers Routing to Headphone Jack: Hey All I'm having an issue where when my headphones are unplugged, my speakers labeled "Speakers RealtekR Audio" don't work at all, even though my computer thinks they are completely functional. Plugging in my headphones without changing the device appears to output audio...
  9. headphone jack not working

headphone jack not working: on my win.10 Inspiron all-in-1, the headphone jack is inoperable. went to sound and in playback tab, speakers/headphones from Realtek are selected as default device??? I've been threw troubleshooting, support, microsoft and intel. anyone w/same... please share fix info...
  10. toshiba Broken headphone jack speakers wont work

toshiba Broken headphone jack speakers wont work: I got a headphone plug stuck into my jack and i got it out but my internal speakers still will not work. and i dont know what to do 38256

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headphones not showing in playback devices