Windows 10: My headphones are not recognized and not displayed by Windows - how can I change this?

Discus and support My headphones are not recognized and not displayed by Windows - how can I change this? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I put my headset into the pc and tried to talk (audio is fine, I just can't talk) Meine Kopfhörer werden von Windows nicht erkannt und nicht angezeigt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Megaknufiq, Jun 6, 2020.

1. My headphones are not recognized and not displayed by Windows - how can I change this?

I put my headset into the pc and tried to talk (audio is fine, I just can't talk)

:)

Megaknufiq, Jun 6, 2020

2. Headphones recognized as Speakers...

Hi Ahri,

Having your headphones recognized as speaker when plugged in at the back of your PC could be the reason why the audio is low. To help us isolate the problem, we suggest running first the audio troubleshooter from the link Fix
    sound problems

In case the issue persists, then let's remap or retask your Realtek audio jack and see if it addresses the issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    • In the back panel, right click the option where your headphone is connected.
    • Choose the option Connector Retasking, then select Headphone.

Feel free to update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Move audio to one side for speakers but not headphones

Hello J1mmyth3F1sh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is your headphones getting detected in the Playback settings?
    • Are you trying to play the audio on both Speakers and Headphones at the same time?

Ideally, if you have configured Sound settings to play on your left speakers, the same goes with the headphones. The sound starts playing only on the left side of your headphones according to the settings changed.

Meanwhile, we can try configuring the headphones and change the balance level in the sound settings and see if it works. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method : Run audio test for your headphones.

• Open Control Panel from the Start menu and click on
      Sound.
    • In the Sound window, click on your
      Headphones and select Configure option at the bottom left.
    • By running the test, check if both sides of your headphones are working fine.

If that doesn’t help, I would suggest you to check with the audio balance by following the steps listed below:

• Open Sound settings from
      Control Panel,
      and right click on the Headphones to open its
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and select
      Balance
      button. In the Balance window, you can use the slider to balance both left and right headphones equally.

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback for this product so
    that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jun 6, 2020
  4. My headphones are not recognized and not displayed by Windows - how can I change this?

Bose wireless headphones not recognized.

Remove headphones from Device Manager

Sometimes there might be issues with Bose Bluetooth headphones on Windows 10, but users reported that this issue can be fixed simply by removing your headphones from Device Manager. To do that, follow these steps:

Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.

device-manager

Locate your headphones in Device Manager, right click them and choose Uninstall.

uninstall-driver

After you’ve deleted Bose headphones from Device Manager, they should appear as headphones in Bluetooth devices list. Try pairing your PC with Bose headphones, but if the pairing doesn’t work you’ll need to delete the headphones’ memory. To do that, follow
    these steps:

On your Bose headphones slide the Power button up to the Bluetooth symbol and hold it there for 10 seconds.

Now headphones should appear in the Bluetooth devices list, and you’ll be able to connect them to your PC.

Some users are suggesting that you don’t need to delete the device from Device Manager, you just have to delete the headphones’ memory by following the instructions above.

Solution 2 – Uninstall your audio driver and install the latest audio driver

If you’re using wired Bose headphones, you might want to try removing your audio driver in order to fix any potential issues. To remove an audio driver, just go to Device Manager, locate your audio driver, right click it and choose Uninstall. After uninstalling
    the audio driver, it’s recommended to go to your motherboard or sound card manufacturer’s website and download the latest audio driver.

Few users also suggest installing audio drivers by using the compatibility mode. To do that, follow these steps:

Locate the audio driver setup file and right click it. Choose Properties

Navigate to Compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode for.

Select one of the previous versions of Windows, for example Windows 7, and click Apply and OK to save changes.

Run the setup file and install the latest audio drivers.

Use a Bluetooth adapter / update your Bluetooth drivers

Problems with Bose headphones can be caused by Bluetooth drivers, so make sure that they are up to date before connecting Bose Bluetooth headphones. If you have the latest drivers, but the problem still persists, you might want to use a Bluetooth adapter. Users
    reported that after buying a Bluetooth adapter and installing the necessary drivers the issue was resolved. While buying a Bluetooth adapter, make sure to choose one that comes with with a driver CD in order to avoid any further Bluetooth issues.

Andre Da Costa, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

My headphones are not recognized and not displayed by Windows - how can I change this?

1. My headphones are not recognized and not displayed by Windows - how can I change this? - Similar Threads - headphones are recognized

2. How can i change my display adapter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i change my display adapter?: I have 2 GPU's , one is integrated and one is dedicated, i would like to use my dedicated gpu as my display adapter as the intel one is a bit laggy. Is there any way to change it?Thanks!...
  3. How can i change my display adapter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i change my display adapter?: I have 2 GPU's , one is integrated and one is dedicated, i would like to use my dedicated gpu as my display adapter as the intel one is a bit laggy. Is there any way to change it?Thanks!...
  4. How can i change my display adapter?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How can I get my PC to recognize my bluetooth headphones as a audio device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get my PC to recognize my bluetooth headphones as a audio device?: My bluetooth headphones connect as a bluetooth device just fine but aren't recognized as a audio device. My drivers are updated and the headphones do not have a problem connecting to my PC. They aren't recognized by the PC as a audio device so I can't adjust my audio...
  6. How can I get my PC to recognize my bluetooth headphones as a audio device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get my PC to recognize my bluetooth headphones as a audio device?: My bluetooth headphones connect as a bluetooth device just fine but aren't recognized as a audio device. My drivers are updated and the headphones do not have a problem connecting to my PC. They aren't recognized by the PC as a audio device so I can't adjust my audio...
  7. Windows does not recognize my headphones though it recognizes my headphone's microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows does not recognize my headphones though it recognizes my headphone's microphone: idk when it had happened but at some point, maybe after an update, my laptop just stopped recognizing my headphones. When I delete realtec drivers it reboots the system and my laptop actually detects my headphones and I can switch between the speakers and the headphones. The...
  8. How can I change the display size?

How can I change the display size?: On The web site I want to access "chat" I can't scroll down far enough to send it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-display-size/d0b75e53-6973-4abb-8c1c-046bf2fbb3f0
  9. I can hear with my headphones, but it won't recognize my microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can hear with my headphones, but it won't recognize my microphone: First off, I've tried to disable/enable my headphone in my desk manager (link is a screenshot) https://gyazo.com/006a257f579445afffa4f255970009d4 Then I noticed that the computer recognizes my headphone as a speaker (?) but when I try to switch it up, I can't hear sounds...
  10. How Can I Change Display Brightness?

How Can I Change Display Brightness?: Starting with build 18912 and in 18917 (20H1), the slider for changing the brightness is missing from the action center. This has occurred on both the desktop and laptop PCs (Acer Aspire and Lenovo 1530 Flex). Using the manufacturers keys to change the brightness no longer...