Windows 10: My headphones mic keeps echoing. (laptop)

Discus and support My headphones mic keeps echoing. (laptop) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried to join google meet in the new browser microsoft edge, whenever I talk it comes with an echo and has like an eerie sound. How do I fix it? It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/timexz, Oct 19, 2020.

1. /u/timexz Win User

My headphones mic keeps echoing. (laptop)

I tried to join google meet in the new browser microsoft edge, whenever I talk it comes with an echo and has like an eerie sound. How do I fix it? It wasn’t like this before. I even tried my brother’s headphones mic that works fine on his pc but it still on echo when I connect it in my laptop.

submitted by /u/timexz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/timexz, Oct 19, 2020
  2. Aman Win User

Headphone mic not working with laptop 3.5mm port

I have sennheiser hd4.40 wireless headphone. I also got a cable with headphone having 2.5mm pin(attached to headphone) to 3.5mm pin(attached to mobile phone).

Problem is that when i connect 3.5mm pin to my mobile phone headphone jack, in call i am able to use mic and headphone both at same time but:

1. When i connect the 3.5mm pin to 3.5mm jack for mic on my laptop, i am not able to use the mic.(my laptop has separate 3.5mm mic and 3.5mm headphone jack)
    2. When i connect to 3.5mm jack for headphone, only headphone is working with laptop not mic.

Please do not suggest why I am not using Bluetooth because it is a separate problem.

I am missing something or maybe this may be limitation or something else. Help me on this. :-(

3. Echoing sound with headphone mic

Hi. Does anyone know how to stop the sound from being tinny and echoing when recording using the camera app and a headphone mic set? I don't really understand what the sound settings do, so I might have set them wrong.

Biancapell1720, Oct 19, 2020
  4. My headphones mic keeps echoing. (laptop)

Mic echoing with a headset

Hey. I've got a GA-78LMT-S2P motherboard with a S.O.G XPERT-H1 headset (it's USB, the mic is attached and retractable).

Any sound that comes through my headset echoes into my mic. It's exactly like if I had speakers.

Couldn't fix this problem in years, hoping somebody here may at least shed some light on its source. I will try the headset on another computer later on today, but in the meanwhile here's what I've tried and what I know :
    - That headset's quality is pretty poor all around (I got it for 32€). Drivers suck balls, the headphones' coating is shedding off ... I regret buying off-brand. I've seen many people saying that a poor quality headset will have this kind of problem, due to the wiring of the cables inside, so this is a possibility, though I'd rather fix it if possible at all.
    - It appears that only sounds that come off the left side echo into the mic (and it's attached to the left side). I noticed that when listening to my mic and running the little windows sound test that plays something left then right.
    - No sound is echoed when the mic is muted.
    - Sound still echoes at the same volume when blocking the microphone with some cloth. (so it's not sound leaking from the headphones)
    - This kept happening throughout several windows installations (and several drivers installations).
    - No Stereo Mix to disable, couldn't find anything to disable anywhere.
    - Tried plugging it in the front of my case (it's usually back).

The last headset I had before this one also had this problem, except it actually appeared overnight. That btw was one of the reasons I got a new headset.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be coming from ? Any sure way to confirm that this is a hardware problem and not software ?

Thanks for reading. Have a good one !

PS : For anyone curious why I'm trying to fix this now after years, discord has an echo cancellation feature which made the issue rather trivial, but I started playing Overwatch and I don't want to annoy anyone with echo (especially since I'd rather be open mic than push to talk).

Edit : for reference here's the other post I made about this before giving up http://www.techsupportforum.com/for...king-up-sound-from-my-headphones-1147913.html

Modinstaller, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

My headphones mic keeps echoing. (laptop)

1. My headphones mic keeps echoing. (laptop) - Similar Threads - headphones mic keeps

2. Headphone mic is not working with laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone mic is not working with laptop: So i bought these new headphones and they came with a detachable microphone, I like using discord and playing games with friends while using my headset microphone, on the laptop I currently use for gaming and school the headset shows up in my sound devices as "Headphones...
  3. HDMI /Headphone echo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI /Headphone echo: G'day From Central Australia back again. Only talk to you when I need help Ha! I connected my new Acer EB321HQU monitor to my pc via HDMI rather than VGA Cos new monitor does not have VGA. At first I had sound but no voice. Now I have echo and slight distortion in my...
  4. HDMI /Headphone echo

in Windows 10 Support
    HDMI /Headphone echo: G'day From Central Australia back again. Only talk to you when I need help Ha! I connected my new Acer EB321HQU monitor to my pc via HDMI rather than VGA Cos new monitor does not have VGA. At first I had sound but no voice. Now I have echo and slight distortion in my...
  5. Weird Mic echo in games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Mic echo in games: Hi, my friends have been complaining about mic echoing within games such as COD as well as Xbox parties on the computer, I have tried multiple headsets which all have the problem, it becomes weirder as when I mute my headset there can still be echoing heard the only solution...
  6. my laptop detect my mic as headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptop detect my mic as headphones: I have a microphone, and my laptop detects it as headphones. how can I fix that? btw, I don't know what topic is that question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-detect-my-mic-as-headphones/b4e5076e-7b1b-40ea-966f-6641abd24ef2
  7. My mic is echoing for other people

My mic is echoing for other people: So I use these headsets for gaming on the Xbox and everything works fine there but when I'm using it on my PC, everything that other people say echoes for them, I hear everything fine but even when i'm muted it echoes....
  8. Echoing sound with headphone mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Echoing sound with headphone mic: Hi. Does anyone know how to stop the sound from being tinny and echoing when recording using the camera app and a headphone mic set? I don't really understand what the sound settings do, so I might have set them wrong....
  9. Echo from Speaker/Mic

Echo from Speaker/Mic: I'm on Windows 10 on a 1 year old HP laptop. When I have the integrated Speaker/Headphone Realtek R Audio enabled I hear noise all the time and an echo when I speak/use the keyboard etc. I've tried muting my mic and muting speakers etc. Troubleshooter, Cortina, etc but if I...
  10. headset mic echoing

in Windows 10 Customization
    headset mic echoing: My mic is is echoing and it is being used by svchost I tried removing listen to device and it worked but then my mic stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-mic-echoing/b2dac021-32f8-43dd-8b34-2038c37c07b6