Windows 10: My headphones microphone isnt recognized

Discus and support My headphones microphone isnt recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I plugged in my new headphones they were working fine but the microphone wasn't working and its still dont working I tried to see if the problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by emilsmilevski, Dec 21, 2018.

1. My headphones microphone isnt recognized

When I plugged in my new headphones they were working fine but the microphone wasn't working and its still dont working I tried to see if the problem was in the head phones but the microphone worked completly fine on my phone i have downloaded all the windows updates from window chek for updates and all the new features updates and it still not working please sombody help and when I go to sounds its says when I go to the recording tab its says audio devices not instaled

:)

emilsmilevski, Dec 21, 2018

2. Cortana isnt recognizing my wireless headset microphone

Hi,

Is the Microphone recognized when you use other applications?

From what you have described, I suspect that the issue is caused due to some incorrect settings or due to a driver compatibility issue. I would suggest you to first check if the Microphone is recognized and if you are able to hear you voice properly by using
    the 'Set up a Microphone Wizard'. Go to Control panel, click on 'Speech recognition' and then use the 'Set up a Microphone' wizard.

If the issue still persist, then it could be driver compatibility issue. Some times generic drivers installed by Windows might not be compatible with the certain audio adapters. To check if this is the case, I would recommend you to download the latest drivers
    from the PC manufacturer's website and install them. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Dec 21, 2018
  3. SupaCrow Win User
    Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone.
    My headphones microphone isnt recognized [​IMG]

How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos without disturbing others.

SupaCrow, Dec 21, 2018
  4. AhriChan Win User

My headphones microphone isnt recognized

Headphones recognized as Speakers...

So.. i bought the Steelseries Siberia 200 (NON-USB!) yesterday and i plugged them into the Back of my PC, (green in green, red in red, and so on)

The Microphone is working fine, but the Sound is really quiet compared to when i plug the Headset into my Phone for example.

And if i plug the Headset on the Front Red & Green Jacks, The Headphones are recognized as Headphones. its also Louder, how it's suppose to be.. But the Microphone quality is really bad.. so that isnt an Option..

so I was trying to find out why its like that.. And there it was, The Headphones are recognized as Speakers in the Sound Settings.

So the Problem is, Windows thinks im using Speakers and therefor the sound is quiter (because Speakers have a boost, but my Headset doesnt.)

And i dont know how to set the Headphones to Headphones. I tried removing the HD Audio Driver from Realtek, and reinstalled.

Nothing helped so far.. =(

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

AhriChan, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

My headphones microphone isnt recognized

1. My headphones microphone isnt recognized - Similar Threads - headphones microphone isnt

2. Microphone Recognized as a HEADPHONE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Recognized as a HEADPHONE: so recently i bought my bm 800 mic and i plugged it in then it appeared as a headphone and i tried every thing on youtube it still didnt work so if anyone knows how to make the system recognise the mic as a mic please dont hesitate and help asap....
  3. Microphone Recognized as a HEADPHONE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Recognized as a HEADPHONE: so recently i bought my bm 800 mic and i plugged it in then it appeared as a headphone and i tried every thing on youtube it still didnt work so if anyone knows how to make the system recognise the mic as a mic please dont hesitate and help asap....
  4. My external microphone is recognized as a pair of headphones.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external microphone is recognized as a pair of headphones.: I have an external microphone that connects through the AUX jack. Therefore, whenever I plug it in, it shows up as headphones and I can't record. I've searched and tried everything, and I need help as soon as possible, so if you have any answers, please respond....
  5. Windows does not recognize my headphones though it recognizes my headphone's microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows does not recognize my headphones though it recognizes my headphone's microphone: idk when it had happened but at some point, maybe after an update, my laptop just stopped recognizing my headphones. When I delete realtec drivers it reboots the system and my laptop actually detects my headphones and I can switch between the speakers and the headphones. The...
  6. My external microphone is not recognized by headphones?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My external microphone is not recognized by headphones?: Hello everybody! I've really tried everything. But only the internal micro(input) is accepted and not the external. With the speakers everything is okay! What can I do? Reinstalling the driver does not help! Mein externes Mikro von Kopfhörer wird nicht erkannt?
  7. Headphones Recognized as Microphone

Headphones Recognized as Microphone: Today when I plugged in my ear buds, a menu popped up: "which device did you plug in? Microphone, Headphones, etc." I accidently clicked Microphone, didn't realize it, and checked "don't show this again" and Done. Now, the device only shows up as a microphone no audio output....
  8. headphones built in microphone not recognized by my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    headphones built in microphone not recognized by my computer: So im having this problem with my pc. So one day i woke up and my pc was being kinda slow so i restarted it and then i couldn't talk to my friends. i do use the built in mic in my laptop to talk and dont use my headphones. this has been happening since about the middle of...
  9. my blue snowball microphone isnt being recognized

my blue snowball microphone isnt being recognized: i was having some problems with the driver and it had a yellow caution next to it so i did some youtube video fix and i uninstalled the driver but now windows isnt reinstalling it i have restarted my pc and trouble shooted etc...
  10. Microphone being recognized as headphones

Microphone being recognized as headphones: I am using a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series 2-in-1 laptop. I do not have Realtek HD Audio Manager. I have tried getting it, but it wouldn't run. I plugged my 4 pin microphone into the combined headphones/mic port. The mic, however, is being recognized as "Headphones" in the...