Windows 10: My headphones won't work

Discus and support My headphones won't work in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I logged into my computer this morning and it says my headphones aren't plugged in, but they are! Has ANYONE had this problem before because I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/where-games-are-ebic, Apr 8, 2021.

1. My headphones won't work

I logged into my computer this morning and it says my headphones aren't plugged in, but they are!

Has ANYONE had this problem before because I'm getting frustrated and I don't want to buy new headphones.

submitted by /u/where-games-are-ebic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/where-games-are-ebic, Apr 8, 2021
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Headphones not working.

Hi Haylee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the headphones on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • How have you connected the headphones to your device?
    • Were you able to see if the headphones detected on your computer?

As a work around, try the below and update us the status of this issue:

• I suggest you to connect the headphones to different device and check if the headphone is working fine. This will help us to detect if the issue is with headphone.
    • If headphones are working fine on other devices, try to connect the headphones to different ports on the PC in the question and check if it is working fine. This will help us to know if the issue is with ports.

I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 8, 2021
  4. My headphones won't work

google and you tube stiil won t work

google and you tube stiil won t work

radelovric, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

My headphones won't work

1. My headphones won't work - Similar Threads - headphones won't

2. Laptops that run off windows 10 won't connect to my headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptops that run off windows 10 won't connect to my headphones: I have a Bluetooth headset that until last week has been able to connect to any computer we have. They all run off windows 10 and now they can't even detect the headset wheras my phone is still able to connect. Any advice? submitted by /u/tardisgeek [link] [comments]...
  3. My headphone speakers won't work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My headphone speakers won't work.: I plugged in my headphones and it asked what type of device I plugged in and out of curiosity I selected plug in mic. Now my headphones don't work. I tried unplugging and plugging it back in again which normally makes it ask but it didn't. I can't find my headphones in device...
  4. Headphones won't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphones won't work: I plug my headphones in Dell XPS 17 but the sound doesn't come through. When I run a diagnostic, I can hear the beeps in my headphones but the sound continues to go from the computers' speaker....
  5. Computer won't recognize plug-in headphones after I connected AirPods

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer won't recognize plug-in headphones after I connected AirPods: I have an HP Pavilion x360 and some Samson SR850 headphones, and they've never given me trouble. Recently I got some AirPod Pros, and I decided to try and connect them to my laptop for Zoom classes. It was pretty easy to connect them, but after I disconnected them and plugged...
  6. Why won't my computer switch from headphones to headset?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why won't my computer switch from headphones to headset?: When I plug my headset into the computer it asks me "What device did you plug in?". I click "Headset" and when I click on the sound icon on my taskbar it says "Headphones Conexant SmartAudio HD". Half of the time when I plug in my headset the pop-up saying "What device did...
  7. Computer Won't Use Headphone Mic

Computer Won't Use Headphone Mic: My computer won't use the mic on my headphones. When I connect my headphones to my computer a window pops up asking what device is plugged in. I click "Headphones" and continue with my work. When the time comes and I need to use my mic, my computer uses its internal mic...
  8. won't detect that my headphones are plugged in

won't detect that my headphones are plugged in: my dell laptop won't detect that headphones are plugged in. it used to work but now it doesn't. I've tried to update my drivers but there are no updates available. I've tried all the methods they say online but they don't work either as my headphones just aren't detected and...
  9. My bluetooth headphones won't show the battery percentage

My bluetooth headphones won't show the battery percentage: This shows on my bluetooth/device, it was a headphone but this is what it shows how do the icon change to a headset? And the percentage won't show up. [ATTACH]...
  10. Headset won't work for Mic and Headphones at same time.

Headset won't work for Mic and Headphones at same time.: I have a Dell Latitude E7270 with windows 10, and frequently use it for video conferencing. No matter which program I am on, and regardless of whether my headset is my Bluetooth one or my USB wired one, any time I try to use the headset microphone, the headphones won't play...