Windows 10: My headset audio and microphone will not work together

Discus and support My headset audio and microphone will not work together in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When i join a discord call my mic works but my audio cuts out, and when i leave the call and mic isn’t being used audio comes back. I would like to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bella dyer, Mar 29, 2023.

1. My headset audio and microphone will not work together

When i join a discord call my mic works but my audio cuts out, and when i leave the call and mic isn’t being used audio comes back. I would like to be able to use both together idk how to fix it. It’s a bluetooth headset so there’s no jack for it. I’ve looked at sound panel, sound settings, maybe i’m missing something but someone please help me.

:)

bella dyer, Mar 29, 2023
  2. ReeceU Win User

Headset microphone (with audio splitter) not working

My Acer Predator (Helios 300) laptop has a singular audio port, which I use with my headset that has a separate microphone and headphone cable. I have used an audio splitter to get around this issue for a while now, and it has worked perfectly fine. Normally
    when I would plug the splitter in, a prompt would appear asking what type of device was just plugged in, options were headphones, speakers, microphone, headset, and one or two other options that I don't remember because I never used them. I would select "headset"
    and it would work just fine. Recently, something changed. This prompt no longer appears, and my computer no longer acknowledges the microphone on my headset, instead using the default internal microphone. The headphones still play audio like normal, but I
    have found no way to get the microphone working.

If I just plug the microphone chord into the audio jack, it still does not work, and the computer refuses to play audio.

So far I have tried:

• Uninstalling and re-installing the audio drivers (multiple times)
    • Updating windows
    • Running the audio troubleshooters (Both for playing audio and recording)
    • Checking for updates to Dolby
    • Scanning for hardware changes in device manager
    • Disabling the default microphone
    None of these have done anything.

I'm really at a loss here. I consider myself pretty computer savvy but nothing I've tried has gotten me anywhere.

ReeceU, Mar 29, 2023
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Mar 29, 2023
  4. pab1969 Win User

My headset audio and microphone will not work together

Apple Headset/Microphone not working

Windows 10, have 3 Apple headsets. I can hear audio just fine but the microphone isn't recognized at all. I tried this on multiple laptops and while the audio is fine, I cannot get the microphones to work. It's the Apple wired earbuds. Windows isn't even recognizing that the microphone is there, it keeps defaulting to Realtek microphone on the laptop. I can't find drivers for this headset. I even spent three hours with Apple trying to troubleshoot and they FedEx'd me three brand new headsets. Well seems the issue persists even on the three new items. Any ideas. Even my IT guys at work can't figure out how to fix it.

pab1969, Mar 29, 2023
Thema:

My headset audio and microphone will not work together

1. My headset audio and microphone will not work together - Similar Threads - headset audio microphone

2. Headset microphone not working using Realtek audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset microphone not working using Realtek audio: Hello, so I have a new PC with windows in it and it has the realtek audio console installed. Whenever I plug my headphones in, a popup shows me the options: Line in, Mic in, Headphone, Speaker out. However, my headset has a microphone and I want to be able to choose both Mic...
  3. My headset audio and microphone will not work together

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My headset audio and microphone will not work together: When i join a discord call my mic works but my audio cuts out, and when i leave the call and mic isn’t being used audio comes back. I would like to be able to use both together idk how to fix it. It’s a bluetooth headset so there’s no jack for it. I’ve looked at sound panel,...
  4. Microphone and headphone not working together.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone and headphone not working together.: I recently got a new laptop and I can't get my microphone to work. I did every basic thing like setting privacy, setting default device, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. I spent 2 hrs doing everything I could. It's really weird, I got the microphone fixed twice but then...
  5. Microphone and headphone not working together.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone and headphone not working together.: I recently got a new laptop and I can't get my microphone to work. I did every basic thing like setting privacy, setting default device, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. I spent 2 hrs doing everything I could. It's really weird, I got the microphone fixed twice but then...
  6. Microphone and headphone not working together.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Headset audio working but microphone not detecting audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset audio working but microphone not detecting audio: I bought a mic for gaming that says it is compatible with pc. I plugged it into the splitter cables and can hear everything perfectly fine, but the computer isn’t even detecting audio when I speak into the mic. I have been googling and trying everything I find for half an...
  8. My headset microphone is not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My headset microphone is not working: I'm having a problem with my USB headset microphone (HyperX Cloud II), idk what's wrong i checked device manager to see if it was disabled for some reason or if it needed a driver update, I checked windows sound settings to see if anyone was weird about the microphone, I...
  9. Headset microphone (with audio splitter) not working

Headset microphone (with audio splitter) not working: My Acer Predator (Helios 300) laptop has a singular audio port, which I use with my headset that has a separate microphone and headphone cable. I have used an audio splitter to get around this issue for a while now, and it has worked perfectly fine. Normally when I would plug...
  10. Audio popping, and Microphone doesn't work with headset.

Audio popping, and Microphone doesn't work with headset.: Hello all. I just built a new PC and am using Win10 for the first time, coming from Win7 on previous PC. I have a Sades SA-903 headset, and on my previous PC, I would just plug it to a USB port and it would install a Generic 7.1CH Gaming Headset driver, and work just like...