Windows 10: My headset is no longer working after just getting it.

Discus and support My headset is no longer working after just getting it. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just bought a new headset to replace an older, malfunctioning ones Astro A40s. However, after a week of flawless use, the microphone for the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stannam772, Sep 15, 2020.

1. My headset is no longer working after just getting it.

I just bought a new headset to replace an older, malfunctioning ones Astro A40s. However, after a week of flawless use, the microphone for the new headset started making high pitch noises, and no voice was being picked up. My new headphones are a pair of HyperX Cloud Stingers. I believe my computer is the problem because this is similar to what happened to my A40s. Before I plugged my Astros into my PC I am new to PC and just converted from Xbox, they worked great. But upon plugging them in, I had to adjust the mic so it didn't make a loud static noise, or even talk through it this was also Accurint in my Xbox controller from that point forward. That's why I bought new ones. After a week yesterday the mic makes an even worse sound that is more high pitched when unmuted or bumped, and sometimes audio doesn't work. I really need help, and I don't want to but a new headset just for it to break/ not work.

:)

Stannam772, Sep 15, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue My headset is no longer working after just getting it. :p

cadaveca, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

My headset is no longer working after just getting it.

Headset not working

Hi Mathieu,

We need to know if the issue is with the computer or headset. To isolate the concern, provide us the following information:

• Are you using a laptop or a desktop?
    • If you're using a laptop, does the built-in speaker works?
    • Are you using a USB headset or does your headset has a 3.5mm jack?
    • Do your headset works on other devices?
    • Have you tried using other headsets on your computer?
    In the meantime, follow the troubleshooting steps found on this link. The link provided different troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the issue.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

My headset is no longer working after just getting it.

1. My headset is no longer working after just getting it. - Similar Threads - headset longer working

2. Phone Link no longer working with my headset!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link no longer working with my headset!: For about 3 weeks, I was able to take calls on my pc with my Arctis 7P SteelSeries headset. But earlier today, I no longer got any audio through my headphones for just the call. He was still able to hear my through my mic. Couldn't find a fix anywhere, does anyone know?...
  3. Phone Link no longer working with my headset!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link no longer working with my headset!: For about 3 weeks, I was able to take calls on my pc with my Arctis 7P SteelSeries headset. But earlier today, I no longer got any audio through my headphones for just the call. He was still able to hear my through my mic. Couldn't find a fix anywhere, does anyone know?...
  4. BT headset microphon no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BT headset microphon no longer working: Hello,I connected a BT headset BH-M97 to my PC on 29th September 2021 and it worked fine with phone calls on Teams. The next day I got a message in Teams that my microphone is quiet.Ever since I cannot get my mike to work on my PC, when I test it in the control panel my...
  5. BT headset microphon no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BT headset microphon no longer working: Hello,I connected a BT headset BH-M97 to my PC on 29th September 2021 and it worked fine with phone calls on Teams. The next day I got a message in Teams that my microphone is quiet.Ever since I cannot get my mike to work on my PC, when I test it in the control panel my...
  6. BT headset microphon no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth Headset No Longer Works as Microphone

Bluetooth Headset No Longer Works as Microphone: I have a pair of TOZO wireless headphones. Up until a few months ago, I could connected them to my PC via a Bluetooth usb stick, and it worked fine as a headset. But lately, every time I connect, the computer registers them as headphones instead of a headset. That is to say,...
  8. KB5000808 update - My G430 headset no longer works after this patch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5000808 update - My G430 headset no longer works after this patch: Hi there, I use a Logitech g430 headset which has working absolutely fine until I installed the KB5000808 windows update. When I use the USB connector with the headset and plug it in, my sound setup keeps enabling/disabling my headset constantly i.e. a few times a second....
  9. After latest update My Mic from all my headsets no longer work.

After latest update My Mic from all my headsets no longer work.: After the latest update I can no longer use my mics from my logitech headset, my cybertronic headset Which both plug in via usb, and also my standard phone headsets which plugs directly into the headset port. The volume to the mics are so low that no one can hear me. I have...
  10. logitech headset mic no longer working after windows update

logitech headset mic no longer working after windows update: an update comes out for windows idk 3days ago and my headset mic straight up stopped working i know pretty well how this **** works aswell and ive tried every fix possible but nothing works until i install the logitech software ...... then its like windows recognises my...