Windows 10: My headset mic says it is not plugged in

Discus and support My headset mic says it is not plugged in in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So a couple of days ago I got noticed my computer was using my webcam mic and not my headset mic, which I thought was strange because it usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by df1819, Nov 29, 2022.

1. df1819 Win User

My headset mic says it is not plugged in

So a couple of days ago I got noticed my computer was using my webcam mic and not my headset mic, which I thought was strange because it usually defaults to the headset. I checked sound settings and it says that my mic is not plugged in, it even specifies the headphone jack it needs to be plugged, but it is plugged in. The audio works but the mic is not recognized by my computer and I have tried various things to fix it and no luck, and its getting really annoying. How can I fix this problem? I am using Windows 11 with the latest update. I know its not the headset because I tested it on my PS4

:)

df1819, Nov 29, 2022
  2. Ma. Lau Win User

Headset Mic "Not Plugged In"

Hi,

For better assistance, we would like to know more information about your concern.

• Did you already try to plugged the headset into another port which indicating the mic and headset icon?
    • When did the issue first occur?
    • Did you already try to use another headset to other devices and check if you are encountering the same issue?
    Regards.

Ma. Lau, Nov 29, 2022
  3. Helmut Win User
    Headset mic

Depends on the specs of your hardware, you have not given enough detail.

PCs are normally separate Headphone and Mic sockets.
    Laptops a Combo socket (TRRS).

Headsets usually come with adapters to cater for both scenarios.

My headset has a Combo plug (TRRS), and an adapter for separate Headphones and Mic sockets.

You can plug the Headset Combo plug in to a Headphone only socket, but the Mic won't work. there is no second R contact.

Helmut, Nov 29, 2022
  4. fireberd Win User

Headset mic

PC Specs will help us help you.

What is the brand/model of the headset mic combo?

What front panel audio jack(s) do you have? Some are only mic or only headset, some can be either mic or headset whichever is plugged in and some are combination headset/mic.

fireberd, Nov 29, 2022
Thema:

1. My headset mic says it is not plugged in - Similar Threads - headset mic says

2. Says mic is not plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Says mic is not plugged in: I cannot use my microphone anymore, I tried using a new headset, disabling & reenabling drivers, uninstalling drivers, and the troubleshoot just says the problem is that the mic is not plugged in however both headsets iv used can still play sound when plugged in, if anyone...
  3. Says mic is not plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Says mic is not plugged in: I cannot use my microphone anymore, I tried using a new headset, disabling & reenabling drivers, uninstalling drivers, and the troubleshoot just says the problem is that the mic is not plugged in however both headsets iv used can still play sound when plugged in, if anyone...
  4. My headset mic says it is not plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My headset mic says it is not plugged in: So a couple of days ago I got noticed my computer was using my webcam mic and not my headset mic, which I thought was strange because it usually defaults to the headset. I checked sound settings and it says that my mic is not plugged in, it even specifies the headphone jack...
  5. Jack Mic says it is not plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Jack Mic says it is not plugged in: Recently, when using my headset the mic has not been working. There has been no problem with the sound, only the mic will not work. When looking in the sound settings, it says that the jack mic RealtekR audio is not plugged in even when it is. I have tested the mic on other...
  6. Headset is plugged in but mic is displaying as disconnected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset is plugged in but mic is displaying as disconnected: Have updated all drivers, tested it on other devices to make sure it was working, made sure it was able to connect in privacy settings, tried to run windows troubleshooting (to no avail as the device isn't even appearing). Also, when looking at device in the sound control...
  7. Jack mic saying "not plugged it'

Jack mic saying "not plugged it': [ATTACH]My Jack mic says not plugged in when it is. For some reason my computer isnt detecting any Jack mic input for some reason. This happened to me before and I fixed it by doing a restore point, but I cant do a restore point for this situation because I forgot to create...
  8. Headset mic showing as not plugged in.

Headset mic showing as not plugged in.: So, recently, my microphone stopped working on the computer. Strangely enough, I had sound on the headset, but its built-in microphone doesn't function at all on the computer. I know the microphone isn't the problem because both the microphone and the speakers work on all my...
  9. Headset and mic are shown as plugged in but they are not

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headset and mic are shown as plugged in but they are not: I use Turtlebeach Recon 50 headset and microphone. Since the last week I’ve encountered an issue because my computer shows this headset and mic as plugged in but they are not. When I plug in the headset, I have a problem with sound because it comes through the headset but...
  10. Headset & mic shown as plugged in when not, mic not working when plugged in

Headset & mic shown as plugged in when not, mic not working when plugged in: Hello, I've been having this issue where my headset and microphone (Turtlebeach Recon 50) is showing as plugged in when disconnected. When plugging in, sound comes through the headset but no sound goes the microphone. I've deleted and reinstalled the drivers multiple times...