Windows 10: My headset mic stopped working on my new pc

Discus and support My headset mic stopped working on my new pc in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I built my PC and got everything setup. However, when I tried out my mic, sometimes I would hear static or nothing. I tried uninstalling and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shadow_Tech_101, Feb 20, 2021.

1. My headset mic stopped working on my new pc

I built my PC and got everything setup. However, when I tried out my mic, sometimes I would hear static or nothing. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, but that didn't work. Any solutions?

submitted by /u/Shadow_Tech_101
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shadow_Tech_101, Feb 20, 2021

2. Headset Mic Not Working

I really need some help.

I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset.

So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped.

It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore.

The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer.

I have tried multiple solutions and nothing works. Any suggestions?

John6Johnson6, Feb 20, 2021
  3. BERF32 Win User
    Headset mic not working

I have a Turtle Beach Stealth 700 headset that I use between Xbox and PC. I connect it to the pc using an xbox adapter. It always worked perfectly until a week ago, I stopped being able to use the mic. I can still hear perfectly on it. When I use it
    on Xbox, it works just fine. I've uninistall/installed the drivers for the adapter and there's no drivers for the headset. Not sure why it's not working. My windows settings are to use the headset mic as well. I ordered a new adapter see if that was the
    problem and its the same situation.

BERF32, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Kathy-68 Win User

My headset mic stopped working on my new pc

Headset Mic not working...have done all the suggestions I can find online

Using Vonage App on my PC for Voip. Out of nowhere (there is a possibility there was a Windows update), my mic stopped working.

I can hear myself in the headset but no one can hear me.

I tried my sons gaming headset, and the mic doesn't work either. Hard to believe both headsets aren't working.

Any suggestions other than getting a new headset (which I think may not work anyway).

I've done all the sound/mic suggestions.

Don't know if it's even a windows issue...I'm clueless.

Thanks,

K.

Kathy-68, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

My headset mic stopped working on my new pc

1. My headset mic stopped working on my new pc - Similar Threads - headset mic stopped

2. No mic for my headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No mic for my headset: I just installed a new Bluetooth system and I had to remove my headset but when I paired it only connected audio. I did try clicking the sound button but on stereo was there no ag free....
  3. Why is my headset mic not working on my pc???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my headset mic not working on my pc???: I recently got my B550 GAMING X V2 pc about 3-4 weeks ago. Whenever I try to connect my headset to it GSP 201 the sound works fine, but my mic does not work. I am not sure how to fix it or what to do to try and fix it. Whenever I try to connect my headset to any other device...
  4. Why is my headset mic not working on my pc???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my headset mic not working on my pc???: I recently got my B550 GAMING X V2 pc about 3-4 weeks ago. Whenever I try to connect my headset to it GSP 201 the sound works fine, but my mic does not work. I am not sure how to fix it or what to do to try and fix it. Whenever I try to connect my headset to any other device...
  5. My headset mic stopped working out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Customization
    My headset mic stopped working out of nowhere: This problem has been prevalent for a while but when it happened it was quite sudden. I have a headset that I use to talk to people on discord with and have had no problems until recently where my microphone on my headset all of a sudden stopped working or would be super...
  6. New PC not recognizing headset mic.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New PC not recognizing headset mic.: I got a new PC and tried using my old headphones on it. I can either have the PC use the headphones as a mic or a speaker but not both. I was able to use both on my old PC. How can i fix this? submitted by /u/69Human69 [link] [comments]...
  7. My headset mic isn't working

My headset mic isn't working: I was using my headset and headset mic on just one audio jack just fine up till today when now I can only use my headset mic or headphones. submitted by /u/Shoto-Todaroki [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j9j8x7/my_headset_mic_isnt_working/
  8. New headset mic not working?

New headset mic not working?: Just got a new cosair headset, and when plug it in, the audio in the headphones work just fine, but the mic doesn't pick up any noise, the computer built mic does. i try to change the input, but the headset doesnt even show up as an option. My only mic things say "Stereo mix"...
  9. Sound and mic not working on my headset on my pc.

Sound and mic not working on my headset on my pc.: I built a new pc recently and i plugged in my headset. No sound was heard nor did the mic work. I tried everything I could. I installed drivers, used the audio troubleshoot option and everything I found online. Sound does work on the PC using the USB or HDMI and the headset...
  10. My headset’s mic not working in Win10

My headset’s mic not working in Win10: My headset (model hyper x cloud core)’s mic is not working when i plug the headset into the green audio port. Even i plugged it into red audio port, the mic can be recognize but it come with a extremely low sound. I am using a desktop. OS is Windows 10 64bit, Motherboard is...