Windows 10: My headset mic stopped working out of nowhere

Discus and support My headset mic stopped working out of nowhere in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This problem has been prevalent for a while but when it happened it was quite sudden. I have a headset that I use to talk to people on discord with and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Og_Memeo, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Og_Memeo Win User

My headset mic stopped working out of nowhere

This problem has been prevalent for a while but when it happened it was quite sudden. I have a headset that I use to talk to people on discord with and have had no problems until recently where my microphone on my headset all of a sudden stopped working or would be super quiet. And when I mean sudden it was within an instant - I was talking to my friends and then I couldn't. I thought it was just the headset that was the problem but when I used it on my phone - it worked just fine. I've done a bunch of things and I seemed to have fixed it by going into settings and turning up my input volume.

:)

Og_Memeo, Jul 28, 2021

2. Headset Mic Not Working

I really need some help.

I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset.

So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped.

It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore.

The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer.

I have tried multiple solutions and nothing works. Any suggestions?

John6Johnson6, Jul 28, 2021
  3. fireberd Win User
    Headset mic

PC Specs will help us help you.

What is the brand/model of the headset mic combo?

What front panel audio jack(s) do you have? Some are only mic or only headset, some can be either mic or headset whichever is plugged in and some are combination headset/mic.

fireberd, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Dragondog Win User

G433 Gaming Headset Mic is not working

I have no problem with the audio, only with the mic.

I don't have another headset to check with.

I am having this issue in all games and applications.

Dragondog, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

1. My headset mic stopped working out of nowhere - Similar Threads - headset mic stopped

2. Wireless Headset Microphone stops working out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Headset Microphone stops working out of nowhere: I´ve been having some issues with my Logitech G533´s Wireless Gaming Headset microphone which stops working sometimes, usually after I turn on the PC or when one of it get back on from suspension. The microphone itself if tested in control painel shows response, but when I...
  3. Wireless Headset Microphone stops working out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Headset Microphone stops working out of nowhere: I´ve been having some issues with my Logitech G533´s Wireless Gaming Headset microphone which stops working sometimes, usually after I turn on the PC or when one of it get back on from suspension. The microphone itself if tested in control painel shows response, but when I...
  4. Headset mic not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset mic not working: Hello everybody!I really hope somebody can help me, as I tried everything :I recently bought a Razer Blackshark V2 X headset with a 3.5mm jack. I have a Acer Nitro 5 laptop.When I plug the headset in, the audio is fine although th quality is not that great, but the mic won't...
  5. Bluetooth Drivers Stopped working out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Drivers Stopped working out of nowhere: So... What happened is that I was just on my laptop, hearing music from my Bluetooth speaker, when it stopped. I was confused, of course, so I checked settings to see Bluetooth was "Off" despite me never turning it on. Then, I went and checked the Action Center, to see the...
  6. My headset mic stopped working on my new pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My headset mic stopped working on my new pc: I built my PC and got everything setup. However, when I tried out my mic, sometimes I would hear static or nothing. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, but that didn't work. Any solutions? submitted by /u/Shadow_Tech_101 [link] [comments]...
  7. My sound stopped working out of nowhere.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My sound stopped working out of nowhere.: My sound has gone kaput on me twice before, but that was after Windows updates. The first time, I just bought new speakers and for maybe 2 months, everything was fine. The second time, I just moved the speaker plug to another jack. But now, this just happened again for no...
  8. Media keys stopped working out of nowhere

Media keys stopped working out of nowhere: Out of nowhere my media keys shifted from a normal play/pause key press to a fixed shift+fn+play/pause key press. I normally only had to click on the play/pause button for it to work but it doesn't anymore. After reading several articles about disabling google play music...
  9. Microphone stopped working out of nowhere

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone stopped working out of nowhere: So I just got on my laptop and realized that my microphone wasn't working. I tried getting the compatible drivers on Realtek's website but it still wouldnt work. the speaker works perfectly fine, it's just my microphone. I have an Acer Swift 3 i8250u if that helps. Here is...
  10. Headset Mic Not Working

Headset Mic Not Working: I really need some help. I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset. So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped. It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore. The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer. I...