Windows 10: my headset microphone is not plugged in

Discus and support my headset microphone is not plugged in in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I tried:1. updating driver software2. troubleshooting3. reinstalling my micOnly my headset mic is not working, other are working.sorry for bad english... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SHADON., Jan 31, 2022.

1. SHADON. Win User

my headset microphone is not plugged in

I tried:1. updating driver software2. troubleshooting3. reinstalling my micOnly my headset mic is not working, other are working.sorry for bad english

:)

SHADON., Jan 31, 2022
  2. PixelPoc Win User

Computer Not Using and or Not recognizing Headset Microphone

Recently I got a gaming headset but upon plugging in the headset my microphone jack, I realized my computer was not picking up audio from the headset mic. I have looked through other forums but I still cannot find a solution to this problem. I have looked at the sound settings and saw that under the recording category, It shows a second microphone device that is only accessible by plugging in my headset. But when doing so I've noticed that when talking into my headset mic the recordings menu does not show any signs of sound. But if I tap my headset the sound meter goes up. This makes me think that my computer only picks up sounds around the headset and not the mic itself.

Here is an URL to my Microsoft support question there you can see a picture as well as some replies primarily by me.

Link) Headset Microphone Not Working - Microsoft Community

Other Info
    1) For my sounds, video and game controllers in the Device Manager I have High Definition Audio Device and Intel(R) Display Audio listed.
    2) I have a windows 7 upgraded to windows 10

PixelPoc, Jan 31, 2022
  3. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

my headset microphone is not plugged in [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Jan 31, 2022
  4. Dani Pun Win User

My microphone does not work as soon as I plug in my headset(pc mic)

Hi Chase,

Follow the troubleshooting steps below and check if issue persist:

• Open Control Panel, and click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Hardware and Sound, click on Recording tab and then click
      Configure button.
    • Set up microphone with Microphone Setup Wizard. There will be choices that will be given:
      Headset Microphone, Desktop Microphone , and Other. Select Desktop Microphone instead of Headset Microphone.
    Make sure that your drivers are up to date.

Let us know how it goes.

Dani Pun, Jan 31, 2022
Thema:

1. my headset microphone is not plugged in - Similar Threads - headset microphone plugged

2. my headset microphone is not plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my headset microphone is not plugged in: I tried:1. updating driver software2. troubleshooting3. reinstalling my micOnly my headset mic is not working, other are working.sorry for bad english...
  3. my headset microphone is not plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my headset microphone is not plugged in: I tried:1. updating driver software2. troubleshooting3. reinstalling my micOnly my headset mic is not working, other are working.sorry for bad english...
  4. Windows 10 says my headset's microphone is "Not plugged in" even though it is.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 says my headset's microphone is "Not plugged in" even though it is.: .............. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-says-my-headsets-microphone-is-not/c6f7c72a-92d5-4f3d-9700-6372c294e492
  5. Windows 10 says my headset's microphone is "Not plugged in" even though it is.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 says my headset's microphone is "Not plugged in" even though it is.: .............. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-says-my-headsets-microphone-is-not/c6f7c72a-92d5-4f3d-9700-6372c294e492
  6. Inspiron 3668 headset port - microphone not plugged in

Inspiron 3668 headset port - microphone not plugged in: When I try to use the headset port, I can hear sounds but microphone is not working. Under Sounds -> Recording, Microphone is shown as "not plugged in". Is the headset port of Inspiron 3668 desktop a TRRS or just TRS?...
  7. Microphone on my headset

Microphone on my headset: The mic on my headset seems to not be recognized by my computer. My headset is a brand new Razer Kraken that plugs into a thx surround sound device which goes into my computer via usb. I have tried all troubleshoots and have set it to default in my computer....
  8. How to enable the built-in microphone when I plug in my headset

How to enable the built-in microphone when I plug in my headset: So, I have a headset that has two output jacks. One for the microphone and one for the speakers. I want to use my laptop's built-in microphone instead of the headset's. I can't seem to be able to find a way to do that. I have searched on the web, tried to fiddle around with...
  9. Headset Microphone status is "not plugged in" and does not register input.

Headset Microphone status is "not plugged in" and does not register input.: Hi, I am trying to record audio from my digital piano (Korg LP-380) onto my Surface Pro 3. To do this I am using a male/male 3.5mm cable to connect the two devices https://imgur.com/gXcIknP. Here is the PC's system info https://imgur.com/vEoiQqS In the recording devices...
  10. Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...

Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...: Hello, I've been using a bootcamped Macbook Pro (mid-2014) for Windows and already have the Apple drivers called "Cirrus Logic CS4208 (AB 93)", but have not been able to use the microphone my headset comes with. I can use the internal microphone of my laptop, and my headset...