Windows 10: my headset microphone is not showing in recording

Discus and support my headset microphone is not showing in recording in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using the HyperX Cloud Stinger headset. Instead of my computer using my headset microphone, it was using the one inbuilt into my laptop. I went to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by money_man, Dec 27, 2020.

1. money_man Win User

my headset microphone is not showing in recording

I'm using the HyperX Cloud Stinger headset.

Instead of my computer using my headset microphone, it was using the one inbuilt into my laptop. I went to recording to switch devices and my headset didn't show. I tried running multiple troubleshooters and reset my drivers with no luck. My audio is going through the headset correctly though.

:)

money_man, Dec 27, 2020

2. External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones
    do not work.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Updated drivers (they were already up to date)
    • From Sound Settings, headsets do not appear as options for the input device
    • Ran the microphone troubleshooter - headsets do not appear as options
    • From Control Panel > Sound > Recording, headsets do not appear as options. I have selected the disabled and disconnected devices options.
    • From Microphone Privacy, all apps have access to the microphone.
    That's everything I found online to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

TechWriterHeather, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Animgpt Win User
    Headset microphone not showing up in recording devices.

I tried both the methods mentioned, but my external microphone is still undetectable by Windows.

After connecting an external headset with microphone, headset works, but microphone doesn't. Neither the external speaker, nor the external microphone show up in the playback/recording devices list. After plugging in the integrated headset and microphone
    through 4 pin 3.5 mm jack, sound comes to headphone, but system still uses the internal microphone.

My external microphone was working fine some days back, but I am not sure what happened that it suddenly stopped working and now is even undetectable.

Animgpt, Dec 27, 2020
  4. Chuck38 Win User

Headset microphone not recording when headset is default audio device

Have you checked to see if the microphone is disabled?

To make sure that the microphone is not disabled, please follow the steps below.
    a. Right click on the volume icon and select Recording devices.
    b. Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, Show disconnected devices and Show disabled
    devices.
    c. Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

Chuck38, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

1. my headset microphone is not showing in recording - Similar Threads - headset microphone showing

2. Headset microphone doesn't show in recording options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset microphone doesn't show in recording options: My headset has a microphone but it doesn't show up in recording. It will show up in playback and works fine, but isn't an option in recording. Is it even possible to use my headset as playback and recording at the same time? and how would I fix this issue....
  3. Microphone shows as headset in setting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone shows as headset in setting: My microphone(input) shows as headset(output) cannot change this in settings, been working on for over a week. Please assist. submitted by /u/Werezombie16 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jgdo8d/microphone_shows_as_headset_in_setting/
  4. My microphone is recording output sent to my headset

My microphone is recording output sent to my headset: I've been struggling with this for a few months so I decided I might as well post it here. Whenever I use my microphone it also records whatever my computer is outputing, and it's not like the actual audio coming from the headset is being recorded, my headset is a...
  5. Headset microphone not showing up in Recording Devices

Headset microphone not showing up in Recording Devices: Hi, my son has done a Windows 10 update a few days ago on his PC and since then the microphone on his headset is not working. We have tried all the fixes like uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drives but it simply has stopped working and it was working fine before the...
  6. Bluetooth headset on, microphone doesn't record.

Bluetooth headset on, microphone doesn't record.: headset works on phone, brand new. sony wh-h900n windows 10 The microphone shows bars when on recording tab, but when I open the recording tab it turns off the sound. Please help, tried uninstalling restarting and updated twice. It seems the problem works with headset...
  7. Headset not showing in Playback, Same as the microphone not showing in Recording.

Headset not showing in Playback, Same as the microphone not showing in Recording.: xcraft hp1000 headset plugged into my motherboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-not-showing-in-playback-same-as-the/6c75bf79-4f7c-4763-9c46-b04a121267f5
  8. Recording issues with headset microphone

Recording issues with headset microphone: Cheers, Firstly, I have no idea where to ask help in my issue, so I am sending this troubleshoot all over the internet, pretty much. Thing is, I’d like to do a Let’s play (of sorts), you know, to record myself playing a game while at the same time giving comments. Easy...
  9. Headset microphone not recording when headset is default audio device

Headset microphone not recording when headset is default audio device: HelloSo three days ago I wiped all of my drives and installed Windows 10. I have a Corsair Vengenace 2100 headset. I installed the realtek drivers from ASUS download section for my motherboard and then I installed the headset drivers.The problem is that my headset does not...
  10. Microphone not showing in Recording Devices

Microphone not showing in Recording Devices: I'm attempting to plug in a SADES SA-708 headset into my onboard microphone jack. The only thing that appears in my recording devices is Digital Audio (S/PDIF) and I cannot get the microphone to show up. I have a Intel D975XBX2 and cannot find any drivers for anything really....