Windows 10: My headset microphone suddenly stopped working

Discus and support My headset microphone suddenly stopped working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hi! a few days ago, out of the blue, the microphone on my headset had suddenly stopped working. i thought it was just that it was too old, so i had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RattlyCat781343, Oct 1, 2022.

1. My headset microphone suddenly stopped working

hi! a few days ago, out of the blue, the microphone on my headset had suddenly stopped working. i thought it was just that it was too old, so i had gotten another pair and the microphone on this new headset doesnt work either. headset audio works completely fine, i can hear things crystal clear, but the mic just doesnt pick up anything, or even register as an audio input device on my computer.i looked through a few other asks, trying the solutions ive seen reinstalling realtek audio drivers, running troubleshooting diagnostics, using the audio ports on my motherboard instead of on the fron

:)

RattlyCat781343, Oct 1, 2022

2. Microphone suddenly stopped working

My microphone is still not working. I even checked the BIOS as someone had suggested but there is no listing for the microphone in there.

JonStoffelsen, Oct 1, 2022
  3. FrogF Win User
    Microphone Suddenly Stopped Working

Hello, my microphone on my headset suddenly stopped working when I logged onto my computer. My audio is fine but my mic isn't working on my pc. I tried plugging in my headset to my phone and it works fine on there but not on the computer. Both jacks are
    in their correct ports as well. I didn't do anything to my mic, it just wasn't working when I logged on today.

FrogF, Oct 1, 2022
  4. Aceman.au Win User

My headset microphone suddenly stopped working

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Oct 1, 2022
Thema:

My headset microphone suddenly stopped working

1. My headset microphone suddenly stopped working - Similar Threads - headset microphone suddenly

2. My microphone suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone suddenly stopped working: While I was using my microphone and everything was working as it should, the microphone stopped working and no matter what setting I looked into and changed, it wouldn't work....
  3. My microphone suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone suddenly stopped working: While I was using my microphone and everything was working as it should, the microphone stopped working and no matter what setting I looked into and changed, it wouldn't work....
  4. My microphone suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My headset microphone suddenly stopped working

My headset microphone suddenly stopped working: hi! a few days ago, out of the blue, the microphone on my headset had suddenly stopped working. i thought it was just that it was too old, so i had gotten another pair and the microphone on this new headset doesnt work either. headset audio works completely fine, i can hear...
  6. My headset microphone suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My headset microphone suddenly stopped working: hi! a few days ago, out of the blue, the microphone on my headset had suddenly stopped working. i thought it was just that it was too old, so i had gotten another pair and the microphone on this new headset doesnt work either. headset audio works completely fine, i can hear...
  7. Headset microphone suddenly stopped working

Headset microphone suddenly stopped working: My current desktop is a Dell Optiplex 3020, I use a Sennheiser GSP 300 headset and have been using it for around 5 months now. I mostly play games where communication is really needed, when suddenly the microphone stopped working, I've tried listening to what the microphone...
  8. My Microphone suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Microphone suddenly stopped working: I'm a streamer and yesterday while Streaming my microphone stopped working. I tried plugging it in and unplugging and it didn't work. I ran a Troubleshoot and it said: "Audio services not responding". I tried updating the drivers and a bunch of other stuff and it still didn't...
  9. Microphone suddenly stopped working

Microphone suddenly stopped working: All of a sudden my microphone stopped working, it wasnt just my headset, none of my mics were working. I eventually plugged my controller in and my headset into the controller headphone jack and that was working. However, soon enough it stopped working as well. Pls help im on...
  10. Microphone suddenly stopped working

Microphone suddenly stopped working: Hello guys, I have a headset that I am using for a long time in both Win10 and Android. As regular, when I plug the headset today i realized mic isn't working. I tried mic in my phone. It is working normally. I controlled all the settings I know. It seems that while I was...