Windows 10: My Headset with mic wont be recognized by windows

Discus and support My Headset with mic wont be recognized by windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently did an update that from what i believe ruined my audio my headset doesn't get picked up by windows at all, unless i restart my pc.My output... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lochlan Pickering, Dec 1, 2022.

1. My Headset with mic wont be recognized by windows

I recently did an update that from what i believe ruined my audio my headset doesn't get picked up by windows at all, unless i restart my pc.My output only works if i restart my pc and if i unplug my 3.5 mm jack and plug it back in the output doesn't get recognized. My input also doesn't work as my microphone doesn't get picked up at all.

:)

Lochlan Pickering, Dec 1, 2022

2. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

My Headset with mic wont be recognized by windows [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Dec 1, 2022
  3. fireberd Win User
    Computer won't recognize headset microphone

If it has a "TRRS" plug, it will require an adapter for PC's. PC's (most) require TRS type plugs, one for the mic and another for the headset.

Here is an example of a TRRS plug (used with an iPhone and some game consoles such as a PS4).

Here is an example of a 3.5mm TRS plug

fireberd, Dec 1, 2022
  4. My Headset with mic wont be recognized by windows

Computer won't recognize headset microphone

The headset seems to have a TRRS plug. However, i did not think that would be a problem. I use the Alienware 17 laptop (planning to build a pc later this year), and it has 3 audio ports. They each have a diagram next to them. The diagrams (in order) are: A microphone, headphones, a headset (with the mic coming off of it). Because of the headset image, i would assume that it would be a TRRS port. That doesnt work though.

Aaeeschylus, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

My Headset with mic wont be recognized by windows

1. My Headset with mic wont be recognized by windows - Similar Threads - Headset mic wont

2. my pc wont recognize my headset as a speaker or a mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc wont recognize my headset as a speaker or a mic: I reset my pc and kept my personal files and now my PC can't tell when my headset is plugged in. I can find it in the device manager but it doesn't pop up at all in the sound settings. It also for some reason pops up 3 times in this thing.i cant really find stuff on this and...
  3. my pc wont recognize my headset as a speaker or a mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc wont recognize my headset as a speaker or a mic: I reset my pc and kept my personal files and now my PC can't tell when my headset is plugged in. I can find it in the device manager but it doesn't pop up at all in the sound settings. It also for some reason pops up 3 times in this thing.i cant really find stuff on this and...
  4. My Headset with mic wont be recognized by windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Headset with mic wont be recognized by windows: I recently did an update that from what i believe ruined my audio my headset doesn't get picked up by windows at all, unless i restart my pc.My output only works if i restart my pc and if i unplug my 3.5 mm jack and plug it back in the output doesn't get recognized. My input...
  5. Headset recognized as Mic instead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset recognized as Mic instead: I got a new studio headphone Sennheiser brand with no mic. However, when I plugged it in, it's being recognized as a mic instead of as a headphone.I tried looking up on google but they're all for microphones, not headset which frustrated me greatly. So this is my last resort...
  6. Headset recognized as Mic instead

Headset recognized as Mic instead: I got a new studio headphone Sennheiser brand with no mic. However, when I plugged it in, it's being recognized as a mic instead of as a headphone.I tried looking up on google but they're all for microphones, not headset which frustrated me greatly. So this is my last resort...
  7. my acer aspire 5 laptop wont recognize headset mics but will recognize headset speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my acer aspire 5 laptop wont recognize headset mics but will recognize headset speakers: Hey so ive had this problem for a while but it is really bothering me because the input device is always my computer speakers and that means that my voice has to travel from my mouth all the way to my computer mic but i just wish windows would recognize my mic casue when i...
  8. my acer aspire 5 laptop wont recognize headset mics but will recognize headset speakers

my acer aspire 5 laptop wont recognize headset mics but will recognize headset speakers: Hey so ive had this problem for a while but it is really bothering me because the input device is always my computer speakers and that means that my voice has to travel from my mouth all the way to my computer mic but i just wish windows would recognize my mic casue when i...
  9. my acer aspire 5 laptop wont recognize headset mics but will recognize headset speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Computer not recognizing headset mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer not recognizing headset mic: Computer: Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series model 7570 Headset: Steelseries Arctis 1 wired Issue: When the headset is plugged into the computer, audio comes out just fine, but the computer does not recognize the microphone. It has worked before with this computer, and works...