Windows 10: My headset's microphone is not detected by my computer.

Discus and support My headset's microphone is not detected by my computer. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been looking online for ways to fix this problem but none of the solutions helped me. I have a Razer Kraken X headset that I recently bought and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NFSJAY, Aug 5, 2019.

1. NFSJAY Win User

My headset's microphone is not detected by my computer.

I have been looking online for ways to fix this problem but none of the solutions helped me. I have a Razer Kraken X headset that I recently bought and it has a microphone on it. For some reason, every time I try to set up the microphone, the audio that the computer picks up is coming from my laptop's built-in microphone. I don't know how to fix this nor do I know if I am looking in the right place. I can't even find my headset on the list of playback devices. Thanks.

:)

NFSJAY, Aug 5, 2019

2. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

My headset's microphone is not detected by my computer. [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Computer Not Detecting My Headset Microphone

I have gotten a new computer recently, and i noticed that when i test my microphone it isn't receiving my voice. It does play audio in my headset but doesn't detect my microphone at all. I have tried using other jacks but it doesn't detect it either. Also
    the jack for the headset has the microphone and the audio combined into one, so i can't plug them into separate jacks. I have tried my other headset that have separated jacks for the audio and the microphone, and plugged them into the designated jacks, but
    it doesn't detect my voice from that headset either.

Fatgineer Program, Aug 5, 2019
  4. My headset's microphone is not detected by my computer.

The computer does not detect my headset microphone

Hello, my computer does not detect my headset microphone. I can hear things through my headset, but when I try to speak to someone through the microphone, they cannot hear me, and I tried to find out the problem, but it says my microphone is not plugged
    in. I am using a Turtle Beach Stealth420x headset.

EDIT:

It's not just this headset, it's all other headset too.

jonathan t_0218, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

My headset's microphone is not detected by my computer.

1. My headset's microphone is not detected by my computer. - Similar Threads - headset's microphone detected

2. Headset microphone not detected by computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset microphone not detected by computer: I have been using a Razer Blackshark V2 X for a while and it has been working fine. Recently though it has been having the problem of the computer not detecting the headset's microphone at all. I have looked and general and specific instructions on how to fix this but nothing...
  3. Headset microphone not detected by computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset microphone not detected by computer: I have been using a Razer Blackshark V2 X for a while and it has been working fine. Recently though it has been having the problem of the computer not detecting the headset's microphone at all. I have looked and general and specific instructions on how to fix this but nothing...
  4. My headset microphone is not detected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headset microphone is not detected.: My headset microphone is not detected.Yesterday I ordered a hyperx cloud stinger headset my first ever expensive gaming headphone and the microphone wasn't detected for a reason. So how it all happened that my headset mics wont work on my laptop is because once when I all...
  5. My headset microphone is not detected.

My headset microphone is not detected.: My headset microphone is not detected.Yesterday I ordered a hyperx cloud stinger headset my first ever expensive gaming headphone and the microphone wasn't detected for a reason. So how it all happened that my headset mics wont work on my laptop is because once when I all...
  6. My cannot detect the headset microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My cannot detect the headset microphone: Hi, I recently bought a Toshiba laptop and had some problems with the audio. I have a headset with a built-in microphone. However, the computer can detect the headphones, but not the microphone. Is there anything I can do so that I can detect it?...
  7. My cannot detect the headset microphone

My cannot detect the headset microphone: Hi, I recently bought a Toshiba laptop and had some problems with the audio. I have a headset with a built-in microphone. However, the computer can detect the headphones, but not the microphone. Is there anything I can do so that I can detect it?...
  8. My cannot detect the headset microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. My Headset microphone is not detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Headset microphone is not detected: So, today suddenly I got this problem while talking to my friend and I discovered that I was using laptop's mic, and not the headset one. When I tried to switch it, i couldn't see in Sounds > Recording neither device manager, but the weird part is that i can see in Sounds >...
  10. My headset microphone is not being detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My headset microphone is not being detected: 1 year ago I bought a HyperX Cloud headset. Everything worked pretty well on my Laptop, until I built a new PC this year. The front panel has one headphone and one microphone jack, but the headset has only one plug for both the microphone that comes with it and the audio...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i couldnt see my microphone