Windows 10: my headset's microphone is not showing up anywhere.

Discus and support my headset's microphone is not showing up anywhere. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently bought an Alienware Aw310h headset, and plugged it into my ALienware M17 r3's headphone jack. But, the microphone is not showing up. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mattkepp29, Nov 7, 2020.

1. my headset's microphone is not showing up anywhere.

I recently bought an Alienware Aw310h headset, and plugged it into my ALienware M17 r3's headphone jack. But, the microphone is not showing up. Is there something I can do with the computer, or do I need to buy a usb adapter and the splitter cable provided?

:)

mattkepp29, Nov 7, 2020

2. External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones
    do not work.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Updated drivers (they were already up to date)
    • From Sound Settings, headsets do not appear as options for the input device
    • Ran the microphone troubleshooter - headsets do not appear as options
    • From Control Panel > Sound > Recording, headsets do not appear as options. I have selected the disabled and disconnected devices options.
    • From Microphone Privacy, all apps have access to the microphone.
    That's everything I found online to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

TechWriterHeather, Nov 7, 2020
  3. Animgpt Win User
    Headset microphone not showing up in recording devices.

I tried both the methods mentioned, but my external microphone is still undetectable by Windows.

After connecting an external headset with microphone, headset works, but microphone doesn't. Neither the external speaker, nor the external microphone show up in the playback/recording devices list. After plugging in the integrated headset and microphone
    through 4 pin 3.5 mm jack, sound comes to headphone, but system still uses the internal microphone.

My external microphone was working fine some days back, but I am not sure what happened that it suddenly stopped working and now is even undetectable.

Animgpt, Nov 7, 2020
  4. Jen.Q Win User

my headset's microphone is not showing up anywhere.

Headsets microphone is not working

Hi

I'm Jen, a fellow user and an Independent Advisor.

Here's what you can try:

1. Navigate to Settings > Privacy > Microphone

2. Click the Change button, then make sure Microphone for this device is turned on.

3. Make sure Allow apps to access your microphone is turned on.

If you still continue to have the same problem after doing the troubleshooting steps, then proceed to the steps below:

1. Navigate to Control Panel > Sound

2. Select the Recording tab, then right click on any empty place inside the device list and tick Show Disabled Devices.

3. Right click the Headset Microphone and click Enable.

4. Right click it again and select Set as Default Device.

5. Right click Headset Microphone and click Properties.

6. Click the Levels tab, then drag the volume slider towards the largest value.

7. Click OK

Hopefully this resolves your issue.

Jen.Q, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

my headset's microphone is not showing up anywhere.

1. my headset's microphone is not showing up anywhere. - Similar Threads - headset's microphone showing

2. Not recognising my headset anywhere

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not recognising my headset anywhere: Alright so, recently I realised that whenever I plug headset, no new option comes up. For some reason I only have realtek array and external microphone. I tried with multiple headset, but I cant find them on device manager or anywhere just the ones I said. Any ideas why and...
  3. Headset not connecting any way nor showing up anywhere

Headset not connecting any way nor showing up anywhere: I've been using my headset JBL Live650BTNC for a while now, and always noticed that it never showed up anywhere. Not in the bluetooth section, when trying to connect bluetooth wise. Not when i had it plugged in via a cord never really. But the sound worked so it didn't bother...
  4. MICROPHONE Won't show up anywhere

MICROPHONE Won't show up anywhere: About a week ago my microphone stopped showing up anywhere, I checked all cables multiple times and nothing was loose. I also just got this microphone 2 months ago. I thought I had messed up settings or downloaded some weird USB software so I used a restore point from that 10...
  5. my headset microphone is not showing in recording

my headset microphone is not showing in recording: I'm using the HyperX Cloud Stinger headset. Instead of my computer using my headset microphone, it was using the one inbuilt into my laptop. I went to recording to switch devices and my headset didn't show. I tried running multiple troubleshooters and reset my drivers with...
  6. Headset not showing up anywhere.

Headset not showing up anywhere.: I have recently bought a new headset and connected it in to the headphone + microphone jacks, but it doesn't show up as a device. It doesn't show up as a disabled device either, it is nowhere to be found. It still plays sound, it's just that the microphone doesn't show up...
  7. Headset microphone not showing up anywhere on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset microphone not showing up anywhere on Windows 10.: I am using a windows 10 laptop and am trying to set my audio up, but for some reason the microphone doesn't show up anywhere. I've installed the Realtek Audio Driver and troubleshooted,but the microphone from my headsets doesn't show up anywhere, just my webcam microphone....
  8. Headset microphone is not showing up on devices

Headset microphone is not showing up on devices: I have a headset that came with a splitter and when i plug it into the computer the i can hear audio fine and the headset shows up in devices but the microphone doesnt show up in devices. How can i fix this?...
  9. Headset option not showing up anywhere in settings or on pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset option not showing up anywhere in settings or on pc: Hi, I have my headphones with a microphone plugged in, but whenever I try recording anything or testing the microphone from the headset, it picks up my pc's microphone What should I do? It's like my pc ignores me whenever I try to speak into the headset microphone, and...
  10. Headset microphone not showing up in Recording Devices

Headset microphone not showing up in Recording Devices: Hi, my son has done a Windows 10 update a few days ago on his PC and since then the microphone on his headset is not working. We have tried all the fixes like uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drives but it simply has stopped working and it was working fine before the...