Windows 10: my Hercules webcam...

Discus and support my Hercules webcam... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I realise that I bought this webcam about 5 years ago. In Build 1703 I had to try 3 different software/driver installs. But then it did just run fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sammytruck, Dec 28, 2017.

1. my Hercules webcam...

I realise that I bought this webcam about 5 years ago. In Build 1703 I had to try 3 different software/driver installs. But then it did just run fine.

Now in build 1709 it refuses to work. Funny thing is that in Device manager it see it just fine. No question mark or whatever. Yet in Program Files (x86), Or just Program files... it's not there. Not it Program Data, or in User-my name-local. How can that be...??

It's a damn nice webcam Hercules Classic Silver - Hercules

If Microsoft hates it, then why does Device Manager have no problem wit it... and build-1703 will use it?

:)

sammytruck, Dec 28, 2017

2. error 0x800703ee when upgrading to ver 1703 of windows 10

Go get the latest iso of the version 1703 and just start from there. You will need to upgrade drivers. If you have a Hercules Webcam it will no longer work. Some old programs will no longer work but that will be a function of when you got them and if
    you have upgraded them since the original install. Good luck.

Paul Lipton

PaulLipton, Dec 28, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Camera App Can't Find my Webcam.

My webcam (Hercules Classic Silver) worked just fine in Windows 7 x64, but after the upgrade to Windows 10 pro, the Camera App will not find the Webcam (0xA00F4244 error code).

- The Webcam is not broken. It works just fine with Facebook and Google Hangouts video chats within Win 10.

- The Webcam used to work with standalone Skype before Microsoft turned it into an "App". Now it doesn't work in Skype.

- The Webcam is 64-bit compatible (no stream.sys).

- There are no issues in Device Manager, the Webcam is listed in imaging devices and enabled.

- Anti-virus is not blocking the camera App (Really?)

- I've tried all updates (app, webcam driver, windows 10) to no avail.

- I've tried all repairs (App reset, Driver roll back/forward, even a Fresh win 10 install)

- I've tried pluggin in multiple USB ports (USB 2.0, 3.0, 3.1)

*I was able to utilize the "Enable Frame server mode" registry hack to get the webcam to work in November and Anniversary update Windows 10. This hack no longer works after the Creator's Edition Update. Even if the registry hack continued to work, I would
    not use it anymore because the hack breaks my Mixed Reality Headset functionality....and why should I even have to registry hack to get a webcam to work?

Why can non-Microsoft Apps use my webcam perfectly, but my OS Camera App doesn't even know I have a camera?

Guy_Smiley, Dec 28, 2017
Thema:

my Hercules webcam...

1. my Hercules webcam... - Similar Threads - Hercules webcam

2. Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working: Hello. My Dell laptop webcam have not been working for months on the windows camera app, and social media apps such as Whatsapp and Telegram. But it does work on Google Chrome tried it on Google Meet, and works on Zoom as well.I have checked the permissions to allow camera,...
  3. Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working: Hello. My Dell laptop webcam have not been working for months on the windows camera app, and social media apps such as Whatsapp and Telegram. But it does work on Google Chrome tried it on Google Meet, and works on Zoom as well.I have checked the permissions to allow camera,...
  4. Webcam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam: My webcam is refusing to turn on. I have no idea when the last time it turned on was but ive tried everything and nothing works. I have a windows 11 Version 23H2 Hp pavillion laptop. I dont have the webcam listed in device manager so i have no idea if its a driver issue. ive...
  5. Webcam

Webcam: My webcam is refusing to turn on. I have no idea when the last time it turned on was but ive tried everything and nothing works. I have a windows 11 Version 23H2 Hp pavillion laptop. I dont have the webcam listed in device manager so i have no idea if its a driver issue. ive...
  6. when i am trying to use my android device as a webcam the switch to front button is showing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i am trying to use my android device as a webcam the switch to front button is showing...: I am a windows insider, I am also using the updated phone link app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-am-trying-to-use-my-android-device-as-a/4769e493-53df-4d91-8679-45d8e2f11285
  7. when i am trying to use my android device as a webcam the switch to front button is showing...

when i am trying to use my android device as a webcam the switch to front button is showing...: I am a windows insider, I am also using the updated phone link app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-am-trying-to-use-my-android-device-as-a/4769e493-53df-4d91-8679-45d8e2f11285
  8. Problem with Webcam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Webcam: I'm on an Asus VivoBook and my camera is not working. The camera app shows a blank screen. The device manager says 'The device is working properly'. However, in the event log, it says 'Device USB\VID_322E&PID_2012&MI_00\7&11cbd490&0&0000 requires further installation'. I have...
  9. Problem with Webcam

Problem with Webcam: I'm on an Asus VivoBook and my camera is not working. The camera app shows a blank screen. The device manager says 'The device is working properly'. However, in the event log, it says 'Device USB\VID_322E&PID_2012&MI_00\7&11cbd490&0&0000 requires further installation'. I have...
  10. All Windows 11 Audio Outputs Disappearing when my Logitech C920 webcam is plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Windows 11 Audio Outputs Disappearing when my Logitech C920 webcam is plugged in: I just purchased a new laptop a couple of weeks ago and I've been encountering this problem with the audio. I use a Logitech C920 webcam, and I have it plugged into a USB Switch and it's functioned fine with previous laptops where I've had this setup. With Windows 11,...