Windows 10: my HHD turns to esd-usb

Discus and support my HHD turns to esd-usb in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i downloaded the windows creation tool and accidentally used my HHD or Drive D how can i turn it back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by josealberto169, Jul 19, 2018.

1. my HHD turns to esd-usb

i downloaded the windows creation tool and accidentally used my HHD or Drive D how can i turn it back

:)

josealberto169, Jul 19, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

ESD USB (Emy HHD turns to esd-usb :) Query

Don't touch the System Reserved drive - that is managed by Windows 10 - you could brick your system if you mess with that partition!

The ESD USB is a partition on your Backup Drive. It is probably showing up in Windows File explorer as Drive E, but it is just a partition . . .

At some stage you must have used the Media Creation Tool to create that partition for installing or updating Windows.

• You should now delete that ESD USB partition in Disk Management, it will become unallocated space
    • You also have another 746GB unallocated space on that backup drive
    • Right click and extend the middle partition to claim back all the unallocated on that drive

DaveM121, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Restore previous data before external harddrive was made ESD-USB bootable drive

Hi Ashish,

ESD-USB is only the name of windows installation file and it is on its own disk partition.
    Your data and files are still on the disk but windows can´t see them. When you open the
    Disk Manager you should see empty space behind your ESD-USB. We have found a thread with the same issue as yours, we suggest that you follow the steps given by

Jimzamjimmyy
    on the second page:
    Accidentally Converted External Hard Drive to "ESD-USB".
    His response was created on
    December 31, 2016 and helped 17 people.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Marby Rey Win User

my HHD turns to esd-usb

Missing ESD

Hi,

To assist you better, we would like to know more information about your concern.

• Have you tried any changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to check the files in your Recycle bin?
    • May we know what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know what ESD file are you trying to create? Is it for Windows 10 update?

Regards.

Marby Rey, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

my HHD turns to esd-usb

1. my HHD turns to esd-usb - Similar Threads - HHD turns esd

2. Is this esd usb normal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this esd usb normal: Hey recently I tried installing a new Windows from a bootable drive but after flashing the iso through the media installer it showed this logo instead of the normal one does this affect my Windows installation on another PC or is it okI did go through the installation by...
  3. Is this esd usb normal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this esd usb normal: Hey recently I tried installing a new Windows from a bootable drive but after flashing the iso through the media installer it showed this logo instead of the normal one does this affect my Windows installation on another PC or is it okI did go through the installation by...
  4. ESD-USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ESD-USB: I have installed windows on an external hard drive it had very old photos, when i tried accessing the hard drive again after i have installed windows all the photos and data have been erased and the hard drive name has been changed to ESD-USB format... what do i do to...
  5. ESD-USB

ESD-USB: I have installed windows on an external hard drive it had very old photos, when i tried accessing the hard drive again after i have installed windows all the photos and data have been erased and the hard drive name has been changed to ESD-USB format... what do i do to...
  6. My PC can't identify the ESD-USB device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC can't identify the ESD-USB device: I try to find a solution from the internet, but on one can help. So I come here.I use the Windows official tool to make my Sandisk thumb drive16GB Cruzer Blader as an installation media.And it works, the USB device was renamed as ESD-USB.But when I plug in this device agaist...
  7. My PC can't identify the ESD-USB device

My PC can't identify the ESD-USB device: I try to find a solution from the internet, but on one can help. So I come here.I use the Windows official tool to make my Sandisk thumb drive16GB Cruzer Blader as an installation media.And it works, the USB device was renamed as ESD-USB.But when I plug in this device agaist...
  8. hhd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hhd: hello i have added a hdd to my computer from a old device it is spinning and it shows up in the bios but not the program called 'disk manager' or in the my pc tab, any ideas, thanks ioan...
  9. Part of ssd turned into ESD-USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Part of ssd turned into ESD-USB: Hello, I installed windows 10 on my laptop, by placing the tool on the ssd and then downloading windows. Now 32gb of my 128gb ssd is ESD-USB. Does anyone know a fix so i can get my space back? Thanks! submitted by /u/StannyBoyHero12 [link] [comments]...
  10. Formatted my portable hard drive into a ESD-USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formatted my portable hard drive into a ESD-USB: Hi, I was using windows media creation tool and I didn't expect it to overwrite my entire hard drive. I've tried using recuva but it just spits out a mess of files. Is it possible to undo what the creation tool did or at the very least recover some of the folder structure?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. external hard drive turned into esd iso

2. esd-usb partition what is it?

3. windows iso on harddrive has blocked it to esd-usb

4. i accidentally turned my harddrive into a iso usb,
  5. accidentally esd usb,
  6. esd usb turn it back