Windows 10: My highlight/selector thing on my desktop changed into a dotted line instead of the...

Discus and support My highlight/selector thing on my desktop changed into a dotted line instead of the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/theUndead8u [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/theUndead8u, Jul 26, 2020.

1. My highlight/selector thing on my desktop changed into a dotted line instead of the...

/u/theUndead8u, Jul 26, 2020

2. Desktop Highlighter

My mouse highlighter in Windows desktop has changed to little white dots when it should've been light blue by default. I've changed it in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors but it didn't work. How do I solve it?

Cyril Raifanda, Jul 26, 2020
  3. 2 Dotted lines on my screen appears frequently

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why you are seeing two vertical lines could be a malfunction of your monitor. We'd like to know some information about the two vertical dotted lines that appears on your screen so we can better assist you.

• Can you send us a screenshot of the two vertical dotted lines?
    • Can you try to unplug and re-plug the cord that is connected at the back of your PC and check if the issue persist?

We look forward to your reply.

Marilou Ser, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Kol12 Win User

My highlight/selector thing on my desktop changed into a dotted line instead of the...

The constant dotted line box.

In pretty much every Windows session I end up getting the dotted line box around my desktop icons. Even after restarting Windows Explorer (which ends it) it's not long before it returns. Is there a more permanent way to prevent this happening or is this just the joys of Win 10?

My highlight/selector thing on my desktop changed into a dotted line instead of the... [​IMG]

Kol12, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

My highlight/selector thing on my desktop changed into a dotted line instead of the...

1. My highlight/selector thing on my desktop changed into a dotted line instead of the... - Similar Threads - highlight selector thing

2. Little dots in my Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Little dots in my Desktop: Sometimes a pixel can get stuck in the "on" position and appear as a white dot.This is known as a "hot pixel," and I know I may be able to get it unstuck by using pixel-fixing programs.The fact is that this only happens when I play a PC game on my laptop.The game runs fine,...
  3. Little dots in my Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Little dots in my Desktop: Sometimes a pixel can get stuck in the "on" position and appear as a white dot.This is known as a "hot pixel," and I know I may be able to get it unstuck by using pixel-fixing programs.The fact is that this only happens when I play a PC game on my laptop.The game runs fine,...
  4. Little dots in my Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My screen is flashing red dots and lines.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen is flashing red dots and lines.: My screen is flashing red dots and lines. It's been going on especially when in dark areas and they keep flashing, what do I do because it's very aggravating....
  6. pink dot lines at the buttom of my screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pink dot lines at the buttom of my screen: im posting this here because im convinced that its a software issue. Every now and then, my laptop would freeze for a brief moment, and then it unfreezes and flickering pink dot-lines at the bottom start to appear. it looks like the lines flicker and slowly go up, taking...
  7. Need help with on screen selector thing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with on screen selector thing: I was switching between desktops and went to type. Any letters I press just highlights an app on my icon bar based on the first letter of that app. I’m super dumb how do I change it back? submitted by /u/Lowspec_Matt [link] [comments]...
  8. dotted line

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dotted line: there is one pink color line on my desktop screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dotted-line/93d67498-e510-4933-b8ad-0604c5a45370
  9. Werid dots and lines in my windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Werid dots and lines in my windows: [ATTACH] The pictures show the issue I'm having. Its occasionally happens and for some strange reasons I havent been able to figure out. So far Ive seen this in Visual Studio Codeas shown above, Dell Graphics Command Center. It doesnt always look like this. When i open it...
  10. My screen has weird lines/dots

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My screen has weird lines/dots: Hello, I have recently noticed that a weird line or dot on my screen. I have never applied heavy pressure on my laptop/screen, and I do not see a reason as to why this is happening. I cant see it on brighter colours if that makes any difference. Does anyone know what to do,...