Windows 10: My highlight/selector thing on my desktop changed into a dotted line instead of the...

Discus and support My highlight/selector thing on my desktop changed into a dotted line instead of the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/theUndead8u [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/theUndead8u, Jul 26, 2020.

1. My highlight/selector thing on my desktop changed into a dotted line instead of the...

/u/theUndead8u, Jul 26, 2020

2. Desktop Highlighter

My mouse highlighter in Windows desktop has changed to little white dots when it should've been light blue by default. I've changed it in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors but it didn't work. How do I solve it?

Cyril Raifanda, Jul 26, 2020
  3. 2 Dotted lines on my screen appears frequently

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why you are seeing two vertical lines could be a malfunction of your monitor. We'd like to know some information about the two vertical dotted lines that appears on your screen so we can better assist you.

• Can you send us a screenshot of the two vertical dotted lines?
    • Can you try to unplug and re-plug the cord that is connected at the back of your PC and check if the issue persist?

We look forward to your reply.

Marilou Ser, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Kol12 Win User

My highlight/selector thing on my desktop changed into a dotted line instead of the...

The constant dotted line box.

In pretty much every Windows session I end up getting the dotted line box around my desktop icons. Even after restarting Windows Explorer (which ends it) it's not long before it returns. Is there a more permanent way to prevent this happening or is this just the joys of Win 10?

My highlight/selector thing on my desktop changed into a dotted line instead of the... [​IMG]

Kol12, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

My highlight/selector thing on my desktop changed into a dotted line instead of the...

1. My highlight/selector thing on my desktop changed into a dotted line instead of the... - Similar Threads - highlight selector thing

2. Werid dots and lines in my windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Werid dots and lines in my windows: [ATTACH] The pictures show the issue I'm having. Its occasionally happens and for some strange reasons I havent been able to figure out. So far Ive seen this in Visual Studio Codeas shown above, Dell Graphics Command Center. It doesnt always look like this. When i open it...
  3. Dotted horizontal line appears/flashes across my screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dotted horizontal line appears/flashes across my screen: A dotted line flashes across my screen every 2 seconds, at the bottom of my screen, a little over the taskbar. The part of the screen under it also kind of jiggles, it appears during startup as well, the first time this happened, it went away by itself after a while, but...
  4. vertical lines of dots on screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    vertical lines of dots on screen: [ATTACH]hello, i am using surface pro 4 for about 2 years now and it never had any problem but recently there are times where a line of dots appear when i was using the surface. later, it will dissappear and came back again. what is the problem? software? hardware? please...
  5. What is this for on my desktop? 1909 18363.752 ? one dot?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is this for on my desktop? 1909 18363.752 ? one dot?: I have a picture of one dot, pixel sized, on my desktop .. why's it there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-for-on-my-desktop-1909-18363752-one/6358e054-caf3-4f35-8012-662f821f3390
  6. Desktop Highlighter

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Highlighter: My mouse highlighter in Windows desktop has changed to little white dots when it should've been light blue by default. I've changed it in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors but it didn't work. How do I solve it?...
  7. I have the horizontal lines of dots appeared on the screen of my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have the horizontal lines of dots appeared on the screen of my laptop: [IMG] Hello. Maybe, I have a problem that is not connect with the Windows system but I still would like to ask. So I have my Sony Vaio laptop, I bought it in 2011 or 2012. It run by the Windows 10. About two or three months ago, a thin horizontal line of the dots appeared...
  8. My screen has weird lines/dots

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My screen has weird lines/dots: Hello, I have recently noticed that a weird line or dot on my screen. I have never applied heavy pressure on my laptop/screen, and I do not see a reason as to why this is happening. I cant see it on brighter colours if that makes any difference. Does anyone know what to do,...
  9. The constant dotted line box.

in Windows 10 Support
    The constant dotted line box.: In pretty much every Windows session I end up getting the dotted line box around my desktop icons. Even after restarting Windows Explorer (which ends it) it's not long before it returns. Is there a more permanent way to prevent this happening or is this just the joys of Win...
  10. my desktop screen is divided by a thin line

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my desktop screen is divided by a thin line: please help me a thin line has divided my screen into two equal half after l uninstall and reinstall office 2010. Is my system going to crash. Please l need urgent help. Thank you...