Windows 10: My history is being saved in the cloud

Discus and support My history is being saved in the cloud in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks, I've just performed a clean install in accordance with the excellent tutorials here. When I checked my favourites my bookmarks were all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by templar, Apr 25, 2017.

1. templar Win User

My history is being saved in the cloud

Hi folks,
    I've just performed a clean install in accordance with the excellent tutorials here. When I checked my favourites my bookmarks were all there. I assume Microsoft saves my bookmarks and synchs them in when I connect to my Microsoft account, which I don't have a problem with. However, I also noticed my entire history from last week was on there also!!! How do I turn this off? I don't want every site I visit stored in the cloud.

:)

templar, Apr 25, 2017
  2. Smittychat., Apr 25, 2017
  3. dmaestro3 Win User
    MMS issue on Lumia 920

I resolved my own issue after doing a hard reset to factory settings and not restoring the saved settings, added my Microsoft account after the initial setup and didn't take any previously stored cloud settings. It's not clear which setting it is that
    is being saved to the cloud and causing the issue although that's what it appears to be.

dmaestro3, Apr 25, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Apr 25, 2017
  5. templar Win User
    Thanks, I've turned all synching off now!

templar, Apr 25, 2017
  6. Alternatively don't use IE or Edge. *Wink

Hairy Scot, Apr 25, 2017
  7. pparks1 Win User
    I use the sync feature with Chrome myself as I want my bookmarks and my search history saved in the cloud. Sometimes I search for something at home/work and when I find myself in the other location I want to go back and look at something I found. Having my history allows that to happy.

I can see why others might not want it though.

pparks1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. My history is being saved in the cloud - Similar Threads - history being saved

2. Don't save to Cloud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Don't save to Cloud: Word and all the Office program are defaulting to the cloud instead of my local computer with cloud selection unchecked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-save-to-cloud/4feb90de-9b13-4a73-81ae-13b846db3940
  3. Don't save to Cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't save to Cloud: Word and all the Office program are defaulting to the cloud instead of my local computer with cloud selection unchecked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-save-to-cloud/4feb90de-9b13-4a73-81ae-13b846db3940
  4. cloud saves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cloud saves: how do you delete cloud saves in windows 11. all answers are out of date and no longer work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cloud-saves/f412147e-a825-4a67-8bb1-956d18a3fac8
  5. cloud saves

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cloud saves: how do you delete cloud saves in windows 11. all answers are out of date and no longer work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cloud-saves/f412147e-a825-4a67-8bb1-956d18a3fac8
  6. Cloud saves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloud saves: Hello! I'll be soon switching my hard drive, and so i was wondering, that if i bought the game at Microsoft store wasteland 3, to be precise , i wont lose any data i got in the gamer, right? It says that it does support cloud saves via Xbox live, tho im not sure if i qualify...
  7. downloading or saving my browsing history

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloading or saving my browsing history: Hi, I am trying to copy, as proof, my browsing history. can see it in my browsing history, but short of "copy page" i cant seem to find a way to download the history into a readable document or file. can someone help?...
  8. I keep losing my cloud saves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep losing my cloud saves: I'm F****G pissed! This is the third time happening to me. I formatted my pc and installed all my gamepass games, but I discovered for the THIRD time that all my save games are gone. What is cloud save for if every time I lost all my progress? Thank you microsoft, I'm giving...
  9. I keep lost my cloud saves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep lost my cloud saves: I'm F****G pissed! This is the third time happening to me. I formatted my pc and installed all my gamepass games, but I discovered for the THIRD time that all my save games are gone. What is cloud save for if every time I lost all my progress? Thank you microsoft, I'm giving...
  10. Cloud saves are overwriting my local saves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloud saves are overwriting my local saves: I am trying to copy a save from one computer (computer A), to another (computer B). The game in question is Resident Evil 7 (if it matters) I've been able to locate the saves and copy them over to several friends computers (using the same version off the Microsoft Store),...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is all history saved to the cloud