Windows 10: My home network disappears from my list of available connections only on my PC.

Discus and support My home network disappears from my list of available connections only on my PC. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently, my PC has been randomly losing connection to my WiFi network maybe every 30min-1 hour. I’ve had the PC for about a year and this problem only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/f0nt, Mar 22, 2020.

1. /u/f0nt Win User

My home network disappears from my list of available connections only on my PC.

Recently, my PC has been randomly losing connection to my WiFi network maybe every 30min-1 hour. I’ve had the PC for about a year and this problem only started happening last week. The only way I can find it again is by turning my router’s WiFi on and off again. My WiFi adaptor is a TPLINK WN881ND.

This does not occur on any of my other devices (phones, laptop, smart tv etc)

What I’ve tried:

• Restarting PC and shutting down both don’t help

• Resetting Network Settings

• Forgetting the network and rejoining

• Uninstalling driver and updating through windows automatically and through manufacturer.

• Making sure the adaptor is securely installed in the PCIE slot

• moving back to default DNS on my WiFi

• Resetting my router

Really running out of ideas besides buying a new adaptor or buying a new modem. Thanks for any help.

submitted by /u/f0nt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/f0nt, Mar 22, 2020

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Cellular/SIM connection not available/disappearing

Hi,

A faulty cellular adapter is one of the possible reasons why the cellular connection is disappearing from the laptop. A disabled adapter in the Network Connections Settings can also be the cause of this issue. We suggest you to enable the cellular connection
    in the Network Connections settings. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type View Network Connections.
    • Press the Enter key.
    • Right-click on the cellular adapter and click Enable.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

1. My home network disappears from my list of available connections only on my PC. - Similar Threads - home network disappears

2. Only MY WiFi network won't show on the list of available networks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only MY WiFi network won't show on the list of available networks.: So I recently did a factory reset on my MSI windows 10 laptop and when it asks to connect to a network it it shows every available network besides my home network. I have searched the internet and have tried multiple possible solutions, but none work. Also I have a few...
  3. Only MY WiFi network won't show on the list of available networks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only MY WiFi network won't show on the list of available networks.: So I recently did a factory reset on my MSI windows 10 laptop and when it asks to connect to a network it it shows every available network besides my home network. I have searched the internet and have tried multiple possible solutions, but none work. Also I have a few...
  4. Only MY WiFi network won't show on the list of available networks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My available network name/connection disappeared

My available network name/connection disappeared: My available network name/connection disappeared. I use my cell phone as a hotspot and I usually connect my laptop automatically with no problems. All of a sudden out of nowhere my network name is not showing up at all so whenever I turn my hotspo on on the cell phoneI log on...
  6. My WiFi suddenly disappears from available wifi list

My WiFi suddenly disappears from available wifi list: Hello community, My WiFi name suddenly disappears from wifi list and it disconnects. My neighbors wifi appear, my hotspot appears, but only my wifi disappears. Sometime troubleshooting works and my wifi appears, sometimes it doesn't. It generally happens when my laptop...
  7. only wifi from home router and my mobile hotspot not visible on list of available networks

only wifi from home router and my mobile hotspot not visible on list of available networks: I cant find my household router wifi network and my personnel mobile hotspot network on the list of available networks on my laptop. This problem appears from the time i replaced with router D-Link DIR-615. lets say my router has a problem but why isnt my mobile hotspot not...
  8. My list of available networks is empty

My list of available networks is empty: I’m using windows 10 1803 and recently I tried to switch my wireless network and when clicked on wifi icon in the notifications section. There were no available networks being shown. (not even the one that I connected to. I used the troublershooter tool to try and figure out...
  9. My PC is not listed in Network

My PC is not listed in Network: I have 3 computers in my home network. All computers have been working fine together for a long time sharing folders. All computers are connected to my Technicolor router and all have dynamic IP. Last week i got problems with my PC named "HT-PC". The other 2 computer in...
  10. Home network has disappeared from network list

Home network has disappeared from network list: I have two devices connected to my home wireless network, my phone and my laptop. Recently my network has disappeared from the laptop's list of networks. This did not happen with my phone, which works fine. By disappeared I mean my home network cannot be discovered by my...