Windows 10: My hot keys arent working

Discus and support My hot keys arent working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; All of the keys along the top row of my laptop are not doing what they are supposed to. Top row being mute, volume down, volume up, fast forward,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LBB14-5, Mar 20, 2020.

1. My hot keys arent working

All of the keys along the top row of my laptop are not doing what they are supposed to. Top row being mute, volume down, volume up, fast forward, brightness down, brightness up, and the button that makes the keyboard light up, the rest too but those being the important ones, I domt know what to do, tried troubleshooting the keyboard but it didnt fix anything, what do I do?

submitted by /u/LBB14-5
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LBB14-5, Mar 20, 2020

2. When playing games the hot keys are active

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable Hot Keys and check if that helps.

• Right click anywhere on your desktop screen and select Graphics Options.

• Navigate to Hot Keys and then click on Disable.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Hot keys

Hi,

I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

If you want to disable 'Hot keys related to Display" in Windows 10,

Kindly follow these steps.

1. Right click on desktop

2. If you see Graphics Options, you can 'disable' Hot keys in sub menu itself.

3. If you see Graphics properties, in Options and Support, you can 'disable' Hot keys.

If Hot keys (Shortcut keys) are in Multimedia keyboard, you can use software associated with it, you can enable or disable the hot keys from the keyboard itself.

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.

GaneshGandhi1982, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Ted#1 Win User

My hot keys arent working

Hot Keys

help on hot keys is not listed on F1

Moved from : Windows / Windows 8 / Performance & system failures

Ted#1, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

My hot keys arent working

1. My hot keys arent working - Similar Threads - hot keys arent

2. Some keys on my keyboard arent working as they are supposed to

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some keys on my keyboard arent working as they are supposed to: So I just got this laptop and it was working fine at first but then some keys started acting weird for example when I click on "P" once it writes it multiple times like pppppppppppp and it happens with a lot of other keys such as M , 0 ,ù and ^^^by the way my keyboard is...
  3. hot keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    hot keys: how to disable hot keys win 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-keys/5f94d57f-aa17-4f41-a873-0a70e94211ac
  4. Two of my hot keys are not working....

Two of my hot keys are not working....: The F4 and F8 keys of my keyboard which are meant for microphone mute/unmute and camera on/off respectively are now not working. It worked well till the last day but all of a sudden it just stopped working. Could any one please explain me why is this happening because I am in...
  5. Hot Keys

Hot Keys: When I press F7 it is supposed to pause, but it doesn't. When I press Nn F7 it also doesn't pause. I have an air mouse which has a pause button but that also doesn't work please help!!!...
  6. Hot Keys

Hot Keys: I updated my Windows and I can not use my hot keys or short or short key like Ctrl+C or Ctrl +F. I already change configuration on the ControL Panel and it did not work : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-keys/99efe8be-59aa-40ae-bd92-1b8fcdf27694
  7. My programs arent working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My programs arent working: So,I recently downloaded a new update for windows 10 but it didnt go well on my pc so i removed it from recovery settings but soon microsoft store won't open.I always receive "server is stumbled" error 0x80072ee7 ,also windows photos viewer no longer works i cant even view my...
  8. my alt keys arent working(both of them)

my alt keys arent working(both of them): i was playing a game then i pressed something and boom my alt keys arent working, i tried alt tabbing and it didnt work, i tried switching language and it didnt work. Nothing worked, i dont know how to fix it but hopefully someone here knows because i really need my alts...
  9. Hot key

Hot key: I need to input my email address umpteen times and wonder if there is a method that I can program this into a hot key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-key/afda7900-16b8-4d77-bea3-82c2e69eb196
  10. Hot keys

Hot keys: How to disable hotkeys in latest version of windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-keys/56b08fc0-5735-41df-9613-7548603791cc

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn off hot