Windows 10: my hotmail account has blocked me for a month for changing my cellphone number

Discus and support my hotmail account has blocked me for a month for changing my cellphone number in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I cannot get into my hotmail account after I changed my mobile number. It asks me for a verification code which I do not have. Then it asks me if I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Aimeé-LeeNash, Dec 5, 2018.

1. my hotmail account has blocked me for a month for changing my cellphone number

I cannot get into my hotmail account after I changed my mobile number.

It asks me for a verification code which I do not have.

Then it asks me if I want to use a different method to obtain the code or login and I click yes.

It gives me a backup email address which is from a company I worked at 5 years ago. I do not have access to it anymore.

So it sends me back an forth between backup email I do not have and the verification code I do not have.

It will not allow me to enter hotmail again or check my email until the change has been made which apparently will happen only 03/01/2019.

This makes no sense. Why does information such as a change in phone number, need months to update. And even then I cannot change my backup email. I have been trying forever now and it always ends up I get locked out or something annoying so I just gave up on changing it.

Until now, that I tried to change my mobile number.

It says I can still access my outlook and Skype, but I cannot. It won't let me.

Someone please help.

:)

Aimeé-LeeNash, Dec 5, 2018
  2. Polarman Win User

Hotmail accounts posted online

Thousands of Hotmail passwords have been hacked and posted online, according to reports.

See this arcticle for more details:

BBC NEWS | Technology | Phishing attack targets Hotmail

I suggest that you change your password if you use any "Live" accounts.

Polarman, Dec 5, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Outlook asking cellphone number

And it doesn't really matter since Microsoft likely already has your cellphone number, pretty much every carrier sells their number lists to whoever wants them.

newtekie1, Dec 5, 2018
  4. JunkBear Win User

my hotmail account has blocked me for a month for changing my cellphone number

Outlook asking cellphone number

Thanx but for me that's another way to get your information on what other mail provider you are using so they can know what share of market they have. None of their business if you want my opinion so they going to screw themselves!

JunkBear, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

my hotmail account has blocked me for a month for changing my cellphone number

1. my hotmail account has blocked me for a month for changing my cellphone number - Similar Threads - hotmail account has

2. My hotmail account has been hacked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hotmail account has been hacked.: My hotmail account has been hacked. Strange emails are being sent to my contacts in my name phishing for cash. I went in to change my password and realized the phone number was incorrect. I first changed my cell number, and was then locked out from changing my password for 30...
  3. My hotmail account has been hacked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My hotmail account has been hacked.: My hotmail account has been hacked. Strange emails are being sent to my contacts in my name phishing for cash. I went in to change my password and realized the phone number was incorrect. I first changed my cell number, and was then locked out from changing my password for 30...
  4. Constant hacking of my Hotmail account for months!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant hacking of my Hotmail account for months!: This account has been hacked since July - there is NO QUESTION that it is these wretched Bitcoin miners harassing me because I won't play ball with them. I hold MS wholly responsible for this because this has been going on for a year, my email account has been inundated with...
  5. Constant hacking of my Hotmail account for months!

Constant hacking of my Hotmail account for months!: This account has been hacked since July - there is NO QUESTION that it is these wretched Bitcoin miners harassing me because I won't play ball with them. I hold MS wholly responsible for this because this has been going on for a year, my email account has been inundated with...
  6. My hotmail account has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hotmail account has disappeared: My hotmail account has disappeared,,Cannot receive any emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hotmail-account-has-disappeared/5494a158-bd09-4f8c-9b17-d37401a039ff
  7. My hotmail account has disappeared

My hotmail account has disappeared: My hotmail account has disappeared,,Cannot receive any emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hotmail-account-has-disappeared/5494a158-bd09-4f8c-9b17-d37401a039ff
  8. Hotmail Account Blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotmail Account Blocked: Hi,Good day everyone.I would like to ask your help on how I can recover my hotmail account. I can't recover it as my phone number linked on that account was already deactivated.I tried calling MS Support and they have said that they do not have a way to unblock my account.I...
  9. Hotmail Account Blocked

Hotmail Account Blocked: Hi,Good day everyone.I would like to ask your help on how I can recover my hotmail account. I can't recover it as my phone number linked on that account was already deactivated.I tried calling MS Support and they have said that they do not have a way to unblock my account.I...
  10. blocked hotmail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    blocked hotmail account: I have been blocked out of my Hotmail account for 3 weeks, I have filled in recovery forms and talked to a agent but still I have no notification from Microsoft regarding the unblocking of my account. Can you please help?...