Windows 10: My hotspot and PCs' sleep system, lock system are fighting each other.

Discus and support My hotspot and PCs' sleep system, lock system are fighting each other. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So very recently I started to use hotspot for PC, sharing my PCs' wifi connection with my phone. But after this I started to face some problems that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SAGUFTA YESMIN ZERIN, Mar 10, 2023.

1. My hotspot and PCs' sleep system, lock system are fighting each other.

So very recently I started to use hotspot for PC, sharing my PCs' wifi connection with my phone. But after this I started to face some problems that never happened earlier. Firstly, my pc doesn't lock automatically when I put it in sleep or just close the PC not shutting it down and this is hindering my security. Secondly, when I just close the PC or put it in sleep the hotspot turns off which is kinda irritating while working.

:)

SAGUFTA YESMIN ZERIN, Mar 10, 2023

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 10, 2023
  3. Guru Kiran G, Mar 10, 2023
  4. My hotspot and PCs' sleep system, lock system are fighting each other.

Mobile hotspot while pc is sleeping

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern. When computer goes to sleep mode which in turn disables necessary services which is why hotspot disconnects. However, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned and check if it works.

1. Open Device Manager by searching for it in search bar.
    2. Expand Network adapters and right click on
      Wireless Network Adapter.
    3. Select Properties and go to
      Power Management
      tab.
    4. Uncheck the box next to Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Mar 10, 2023
Thema:

My hotspot and PCs' sleep system, lock system are fighting each other.

1. My hotspot and PCs' sleep system, lock system are fighting each other. - Similar Threads - hotspot PCs' sleep

2. My hotspot and PCs' sleep system, lock system are fighting each other.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hotspot and PCs' sleep system, lock system are fighting each other.: So very recently I started to use hotspot for PC, sharing my PCs' wifi connection with my phone. But after this I started to face some problems that never happened earlier. Firstly, my pc doesn't lock automatically when I put it in sleep or just close the PC not shutting it...
  3. My hotspot and PCs' sleep system, lock system are fighting each other.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My hotspot and PCs' sleep system, lock system are fighting each other.: So very recently I started to use hotspot for PC, sharing my PCs' wifi connection with my phone. But after this I started to face some problems that never happened earlier. Firstly, my pc doesn't lock automatically when I put it in sleep or just close the PC not shutting it...
  4. Windows 10 PCs can't see each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PCs can't see each other: I have two PCs both running Windows 10 and ESET Antivirus and Firewall. When they are both on Network 1 they can see each other and share folders happily. Then, if I move them to Network 2 they can no longer see each other or share folders. The only change I make to both is...
  5. Windows 10 PCs can't see each other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 PCs can't see each other: I have two PCs both running Windows 10 and ESET Antivirus and Firewall. When they are both on Network 1 they can see each other and share folders happily. Then, if I move them to Network 2 they can no longer see each other or share folders. The only change I make to both is...
  6. Windows 10 PCs can't see each other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. sleep mode and system lock

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep mode and system lock: I am using windows 10 and my monitor goes to lock mode if i am not using mouse after 30 seconds. I have checked sleep mode, power mode, plug-in mode and all other things and still i am finding same difficulty....
  8. My PCs won't allow access to each other across my network

My PCs won't allow access to each other across my network: I’m having real problems with my home network which has been in use for the last 20+ years with few problems but since October last year the PCs refuse to allow access to each other and nothing I’ve tried has remedied the problem, access to the internet is unaffected. I am of...
  9. Some network PCs not seeing each other

Some network PCs not seeing each other: I have 5 PCs on my network, all running Windows10. Some are connected to the router by ethernet, others by wifi: it doesn't seem to matter which. A, B and C can see all 5 including themselves. Both D and E can only see B and D. What could be stopping them seeing all five?...
  10. PCs Can't See Each Other On A Network

PCs Can't See Each Other On A Network: Hi Our network has not been working properly for ages but we've coped. Now, however, I want to get it working as it should do. Our network comprises three PCs, our two main PCs and a spare which does get used on a regular basis. All are connected via ethernet cables and...