Windows 10: My HP 15-f233wm crapped out

Discus and support My HP 15-f233wm crapped out in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I went to restart my laptop, and it booted into this and none of them work. [img] [img] I can not even do a factory default restore to put back the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrHudson, Nov 10, 2017.

1. MrHudson Win User

My HP 15-f233wm crapped out

I went to restart my laptop, and it booted into this and none of them work.
    My HP 15-f233wm crapped out [​IMG]

I can not even do a factory default restore to put back the way I bought it.
    What are my option beside finding HP and shoving it where the sun doesn't shine?

:)

MrHudson, Nov 10, 2017
  2. Wycked0ne Win User

USB Thumbdrive

My HP Laptop is running Windows 10 and will not recognize any USB Thumbdrive.

The laptop is an HP 15-f233wm. How do I get the laptop to recognize the thumbdirve?

Wycked0ne, Nov 10, 2017
  3. Code: 0x80073D12 when trying to install a game

It's a laptop HP 15-f233wm windows 10. Version 1709. OS build 16299.125

justinmedina, Nov 10, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

These are some options based on the upper right image: (the system restore title bar can be see but the contents cannot be read)

1) use a Macrium or Acronis backup image if you had made one
    2) command prompt commands that may fix the problem including registry backup
    3) create a bootable windows 10 iso for the additional windows advanced recovery options
    4) power off and power on clicking the F2 key > run the HP UEFI diagnostics in loop until failure mode > if there are no failures after 2 runs click the keyboard escape key and report the results into the thread.

Let us know whether you had made a backup image

zbook, Nov 10, 2017
  5. MrHudson Win User
    System restore says nothing can be found, previous version can not be found, I never made a image disk cause I don't have nothing on it worth backing up. ran command prompt, sfc/scannow came can not give information,, even ran chkdsk/r c: and d it came up nothing. I called HP support, they want $100 to tell me how to do hard reset back to factory default. running uefi that's at least 12hours right there.

MrHudson, Nov 10, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    If you have nothing important on the drive you can perform a clean install with a windows 10 iso.
    Alternatively you can open command prompt and possibly fix the current operating system.
    What is the age of the computer?
    Are all of the components the same age or were some replaced?
    Were there any drive problems such as chkdsk on boot, paging errors, bad blocks?
    Had you tested the drive with SMART, or long generic?

Download Windows 10
    Clean Install Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

zbook, Nov 10, 2017
  7. MrHudson Win User
    Brand new, bought it this year in Feb 09, 2017. HP Support says it was activated in Oct 2015, in system information it shows born on date Feb 09 2017 which is when I bought it from Walmart and powered it up for the first time. still have box.
    I ran the command prompt with sfc/scannow it did nothing, ran it again chkdsk/r c: it did nothing, even ran chkdsk/r d: and it did nothing.

MrHudson, Nov 10, 2017
  8. MrHudson Win User

I have a Seagate 500gb backup drive that has been wiped clean, can it be used for the ISO?

MrHudson, Nov 10, 2017
  9. Ztruker Win User
    When you get the first screen you show, can you get to a Command Prompt? If yes, locate your boot drive, which may not be C:.

Easiest way is to use the dir command. Start with dir c:, look for the Users directory.

Code: Directory of C:\ 10/09/2017 03:07 PM <DIR> boot 10/30/2017 10:52 AM <DIR> Program Files 10/10/2017 11:08 PM <DIR> Users 11/11/2017 01:58 PM <DIR> Windows[/quote] Repeat for d: e: f: g: etc until you see Users, that's the boot drive. Use that drive letter and run chkdsk as follows:

chkdsk ?: /r

and press Enter. Let it run to completion. Can take awhile depending on the size of the hard drive. See if it repairs and file system probles. Once it's done, try booting again.

Ztruker, Nov 10, 2017
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Follow this tutorial to do a Clean Install of Windows 10: Windows 10 - Clean Install

It includes instructions for downloading and creating a USB flash drive to use for installing Windows 10.

Ztruker, Nov 10, 2017
  11. MrHudson Win User
    The clean install there is nothing on downloading. how to install, .4 asking if it has both x64 and x32(x86). yes HP had both systems on it. it ran x64 but there were programs that were x86. Flash Player ran on x32.

MrHudson, Nov 10, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
  13. MrHudson Win User

I already know I will have to go to HP support for drivers and software.
    Clean install, scratching head here. I have the Windows 10 setup downloading, its slow 3 hours at 53%. not sure if its downloading to this Seagate ???? its downloading both x64 and x32 (x86)
    HP had it running x64 with x32 programs.

MrHudson, Nov 11, 2017
  14. Ztruker Win User
    Here's How:

1. If you have not already, you will need to create a bootable Windows 10 installation USB.

When you click on that, you get this:

OPTION ONE

Use Media Creation Tool to create Bootable Windows 10 USB for Legacy BIOS and UEFI

Step 4 there is this:

4. Select (dot) Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

Ztruker, Nov 11, 2017
  15. MrHudson Win User
    It created it, it ran, doing setup

MrHudson, Nov 11, 2017
Thema:

1. My HP 15-f233wm crapped out - Similar Threads - f233wm crapped

2. i need little help how to remove eye control from complete it a worthless piece of crap !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need little help how to remove eye control from complete it a worthless piece of crap !: i need little help how to remove eye app control from computer forever , tanx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-little-help-how-to-remove-eye-control-from/942534d5-3ca5-4a92-95d9-6218d7f8c9c2
  3. i need little help how to remove eye control from complete it a worthless piece of crap !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need little help how to remove eye control from complete it a worthless piece of crap !: i need little help how to remove eye app control from computer forever , tanx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-little-help-how-to-remove-eye-control-from/942534d5-3ca5-4a92-95d9-6218d7f8c9c2
  4. I am tired with this crap

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am tired with this crap: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/idiedat-23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/xhhu25/i_am_tired_with_this_crap/
  5. why does the font in my laptop look crap

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why does the font in my laptop look crap: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SonofAsainarchy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wtyer0/why_does_the_font_in_my_laptop_look_crap/
  6. Computer crapped itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crapped itself: Hi, I'm running windows 11 with 512gb M.2 SSD, GTX 1650 and a Core i7-11700KF with 16gb RAM,In an attempt to optimise windows and get rid of all the background processes linux doesn't have or need, And you wonder why people like linux, I accidentally Disabled a vital process....
  7. Computer crapped itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crapped itself: Hi, I'm running windows 11 with 512gb M.2 SSD, GTX 1650 and a Core i7-11700KF with 16gb RAM,In an attempt to optimise windows and get rid of all the background processes linux doesn't have or need, And you wonder why people like linux, I accidentally Disabled a vital process....
  8. Could not find bluetooth under hidden devices. HP15-f233wm, Windows 10 Intel Celeron

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Could not find bluetooth under hidden devices. HP15-f233wm, Windows 10 Intel Celeron: Could not find bluetooth under hidden devices. HP15-f233wm, Windows 10 Intel Celeron https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-not-find-bluetooth-under-hidden-devices-hp15/3cc2cd41-bec3-4193-8675-7f81162c3f3c
  9. How do I install bluetooth on this HP Notebook 15 f233wm?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I install bluetooth on this HP Notebook 15 f233wm?: I bought this computer used from someone. It was hardly used at all. I discovered there is no Bluetooth. I need Bluetooth. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-do-i-install-bluetooth-on-this-hp-notebook-15/aa55f476-36cd-4ad9-b891-f330e9d605dc
  10. Freeze up issue on HP 15-F233WM

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze up issue on HP 15-F233WM: After first week of buying this notebook back in Febuary, I have had an issue where everything freezes up. I have to hold down the power button for about a minute to force a shut down. I have done everything HP Support said to do and once to twice a week it just freezes up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. factory defaulting a HP15-f233wm