Windows 10: My Hp 8740 windows 10 keeps shutting down or restarting,

Discus and support My Hp 8740 windows 10 keeps shutting down or restarting, in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Hp 8740 windows 10 keeps shutting down or restarting, after 10 mins or randomly. I have used a 3rd 0f C drive have cleaned and defragged this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Londonlad72, May 30, 2019.

1. My Hp 8740 windows 10 keeps shutting down or restarting,

My Hp 8740 windows 10 keeps shutting down or restarting, after 10 mins or randomly.

I have used a 3rd 0f C drive have cleaned and defragged this drive.Also showing as (EMy Hp 8740 windows 10 keeps shutting down or restarting, ;) is HP_TOOLS what is this for?

Have tried using a 16GB usb memory stick as readyboost to help speed up my laptop but not sure if its working or compatible for this function....

I not very experienced when it comes to things like this any easy to follow tips would be much appreciated from someone who knows how to explain if or how to help solve my issues......

scott

:)

Londonlad72, May 30, 2019
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused My Hp 8740 windows 10 keeps shutting down or restarting, :confused:*Mad My Hp 8740 windows 10 keeps shutting down or restarting, :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, May 30, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Keep getting blue screen on restart & shut down

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is likely to be caused by a driver and is usually caused by drivers that have used improper addresses. Stop error codes may be fixed by updating Windows. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you check if there are
    updates waiting to be installed on your device. If there are, kindly install these updates and restart your computer. After restarting your computer, see if it still shows the stop error code when restarting or shutting down your computer. Here's how to check
    for updates in Windows 10:

• Press the Start button, then type Windows Update, and select it from the search results.
    • On the Windows Update page, click Check for updates.

If the issue is not resolved, do not hesitate to post back to us.

David Haz, May 30, 2019
  4. trbogt Win User

My Hp 8740 windows 10 keeps shutting down or restarting,

HP Officejet 8740 will not scan & Scan Doctor says driver won't communicaate

HP Officejet 8740
    You need if you did not install all the software from the installation disk.

There is no reason for it not to work.

Mine does....I have the 6700 Wireless.

You need the software and follow the instructions....

I if I can remember is to install the software...then plug in the Printer.....and Restart the computer.

Hope this helps some if not ....get back.

Happy New Year.

*john

trbogt, May 30, 2019
Thema:

My Hp 8740 windows 10 keeps shutting down or restarting,

1. My Hp 8740 windows 10 keeps shutting down or restarting, - Similar Threads - 8740 keeps shutting

2. PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!: Dear PC Experts,This is really odd. Today when I turned on the M710e PC, the computer kept on restarting and shutting down. You can see in the below recording,https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JUj5Tz7-dZAjvkQ7YVHu-Coo34K82gVB/view?usp=sharingIn the recording you can see the...
  3. PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!: Dear PC Experts,This is really odd. Today when I turned on the M710e PC, the computer kept on restarting and shutting down. You can see in the below recording,https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JUj5Tz7-dZAjvkQ7YVHu-Coo34K82gVB/view?usp=sharingIn the recording you can see the...
  4. PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 keeps shutting down and restarting, randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps shutting down and restarting, randomly: Hi,while working with my desktop PC, not doing anything unusual, the PC suddenly shuts down and goes through the entire boot up process.I have done or checked the following already, without any effect:- disabled "Automatically restart" in System Failure settings- I have run...
  6. Windows 11 keeps shutting down and restarting, randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keeps shutting down and restarting, randomly: Hi,while working with my desktop PC, not doing anything unusual, the PC suddenly shuts down and goes through the entire boot up process.I have done or checked the following already, without any effect:- disabled "Automatically restart" in System Failure settings- I have run...
  7. HP laptop keeps shutting down by itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP laptop keeps shutting down by itself: My HP Pavilion x360 Convertible randomly shuts down by itself and now says "no battery is detected". I've got an online test coming up so please help me with what I can do to fix this. Thank you...
  8. Windows 10 Shut down and restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Shut down and restart: Shut down and restart not working in Windows 10. Everytime I had to press power button to shut down. Battery drains even after powering off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shut-down-and-restart/a8c8a9f1-3591-4bf4-aa54-c2301f899a7e
  9. scanner with HP 8740

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scanner with HP 8740: scanner only creates jpeg or other image; I need PDF; using windows fax and scan with HP 8740 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-with-hp-8740/7f455b8f-0c3e-4c98-978f-e265cbacb227
  10. it keeps shutting down and restarting now and again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    it keeps shutting down and restarting now and again: it keeps shutting down and restarting now and again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/it-keeps-shutting-down-and-restarting-now-and/73a359e5-d415-44e5-b844-d3ef903b2e82

Users found this page by searching for:

1. word crashes hp 8740

2. my computer keeps shutting down after new 2019 support for windows 10 update

3. is hp 8740 compatible with windows 10