Windows 10: My HP 8GB Laptop is Hanging a lot!!

Discus and support My HP 8GB Laptop is Hanging a lot!! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I downloaded and installed VLC Media Player the day before yesterday, and from Yesterday my PC is hanging a lot... I saw crosses in a black background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sarabjeet Kaur Kohli, May 15, 2020.

1. My HP 8GB Laptop is Hanging a lot!!

I downloaded and installed VLC Media Player the day before yesterday, and from Yesterday my PC is hanging a lot...

I saw crosses in a black background in the apps icon rather than their original icons...

After using my Laptop for 4 or 5 hours I shutdown it and it was pretty fast.

After 2 or 3 hours I again started it and Boot took time longer than original...

There was a black screen in which I can move the cursor but I couldn't see anything, after 2 mins. I saw the normal login screen but its response was pretty slow and my login time was also slow which took a minute or two.

After this I again saw a black screen with nothing on it... and after 2 mins I was able to see my desktop.

The response time to open any application was very slow, even start would open after 1 minute.

I also ran a DISM/Online/Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth command but it stopped after 22%.

With this type of hanging I restarted my PC in hope of things getting better but it was worse...

My PC hanged even more, so I was forced to move into Safe mode.

Even Safe mode was slow and unresponsive for some time...

I then ran Windows defender to check for any viruses but even its quick scan was very slow.

I then googled it and found that I should run a SFC/Scannow from Command Prompt. But it showed some errors due to which I again Googled the problem and I found out to type the command chkdsk /r which told me that the drive has been used so Should I use this command after reboot...

Unfortunately, I typed Y and restarted my Laptop.

I saw the operation started and which took 12 hours stuck at 11% and so I was forced to do a Hard Shutdown.

I again started my Laptop after half an hour but my PC was again Hanging a lot... I managed to view reliability history and found out that before rebooting to safe reboot A program called DllHost.exe stopped working.

I tried checking Event Viewer but it was also not working at all.

I checked Task manager for any High CPU USAGE but there wasn't any though my Disk was used at 100% all the time. It also didn't respond after some time due to which a pop up came to close the program.

After that there was a pop up from microsoft windows that the program was not working, so I clicked close the program. Then the screen was black again, I waited for 20 mins but the screen remained black and I was unable to use the cursor or keyboard also.

so I again had to Hard shutdown...

Now I again started my PC and there was again a black screen before login but my lock screen appeared faster than before... after login My all Desktop Icons were nowhere to be seen and after 5 minutes they reappeared.

My Laptop is Hanging but it is very less as compared to the hanging that happened yesterday.

Was there any Virus Problem? or any File is corrupted?

Please help me!!!

:)

Sarabjeet Kaur Kohli, May 15, 2020

2. Cortana hangs on setting up a new HP 15t Laptop

I just received my HP 15t Laptop today and was following the Cortana setup screens. I got the latest updates, connected to my WiFi and created a PIN. When it came time to set up One Drive, Cortana hangs up. It will not proceed to the next step. I
    have powered down and restarted the set up process, but regardless if I choose One Drive, or store to my local drive - Cortana hangs.

I can do NOTHING until this is resolved. I can't escape or ctrl-alt-delete out of Cortana, so my new laptop is completely non functional.

Suggestions?

GB

GaryBorders, May 15, 2020
  3. HP Desktop is a lot slower than usual...

My HP Desktop has been a lot slower than it usually is. I don't know if it has to do with the latest update or patches or what it is. But when I first wake it up and enter my password to unlock it, it's slow clicking on the lock screen to enter the PIN code. Once I am in, the Start Menu freezes up or hangs. Then, it's okay after that.

Any suggestions?

-Jesse

Jesse Williams, May 15, 2020
  4. Zeeba# Win User

My HP 8GB Laptop is Hanging a lot!!

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, May 15, 2020
Thema:

My HP 8GB Laptop is Hanging a lot!!

1. My HP 8GB Laptop is Hanging a lot!! - Similar Threads - 8GB Laptop Hanging

2. HP laptop with windows 11 hanging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laptop with windows 11 hanging: Hello, this is a recent occurrence. I noticed today that my laptop hung 3 times, twice when I was on Zoom, once when I was sending mail with 3 excel spreadsheets as attachments, not links. I have now turned on system restore point. My system is uptodate and has no pending...
  3. HP laptop with windows 11 hanging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP laptop with windows 11 hanging: Hello, this is a recent occurrence. I noticed today that my laptop hung 3 times, twice when I was on Zoom, once when I was sending mail with 3 excel spreadsheets as attachments, not links. I have now turned on system restore point. My system is uptodate and has no pending...
  4. My Laptop lags a lot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop lags a lot: I've got a new laptop a month ago with windows 7 installed in it. But after using some days it started lagging i thought it might be because of old version of windows so i got windows 10 installed in my laptop but it still lagging. So what could i do in this regard to improve...
  5. My Laptop lags a lot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop lags a lot: I've got a new laptop a month ago with windows 7 installed in it. But after using some days it started lagging i thought it might be because of old version of windows so i got windows 10 installed in my laptop but it still lagging. So what could i do in this regard to improve...
  6. My Laptop lags a lot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Added SDRAM to HP laptop has 8GB and only 2GB usable, lots of BAD ADVICE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Added SDRAM to HP laptop has 8GB and only 2GB usable, lots of BAD ADVICE: i have some HP laptop, came with 4GB 2x 2GB ram. 1TB hdd. thing runs slow, after a day of being on, it can take 30 seconds to reply to a button click. disk always 100% cpu usage, memory always near max. I talk with HP who looks up my serial # and says the memory you need...
  8. My HP Laptop with 8GB RAM with Windows 10 is Hanging again and again!!!

My HP Laptop with 8GB RAM with Windows 10 is Hanging again and again!!!: My Laptop is hanging again and again. I searched about it on the web and got some relief from this problem for some time but now it is hanging again. For example: I connect my Laptop with my Bluetooth Speaker and after 2 or 3 songs my Groove Music stopped playing my song, so...
  9. Firefox hangs a LOT on printing (PDFs)

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox hangs a LOT on printing (PDFs): I am using the latest Firefox 64 Quantum, V. 67, but I think this problem goes back to earlier releases. I save off a lot of webpages and forum posts by printing to PDF using Adobe Acrobat. I never have issues wiht Acrobat with any other programs. But with Firefox, it often...
  10. My Windows 10 hangs a lot even after Reinstall

My Windows 10 hangs a lot even after Reinstall: I have a genuine installation of windows 10 came by default with pc but pc hangs a lot. I tried to fix it by reinstall but the problem is persistent. I usually happen when I try to open Chrome...