Windows 10: My Hp All-In-One Desktop Has a black screen and the keyboard and mouse are not working. I...

Discus and support My Hp All-In-One Desktop Has a black screen and the keyboard and mouse are not working. I... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Context: My Hp All-in-One desktop that does NOT have the weird box thing that has a lot of cables has a black screen also the keyboard and mouse do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by A Stupid Idiot, Jan 2, 2020.

1. My Hp All-In-One Desktop Has a black screen and the keyboard and mouse are not working. I...

Context: My Hp All-in-One desktop that does NOT have the weird box thing that has a lot of cables has a black screen also the keyboard and mouse do not work. I know the keyboard and mouse do not work because they both usually light up.

:)

A Stupid Idiot, Jan 2, 2020

2. Mouse, keyboard, and touch screen suddenly not working

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the mouse, keyboard, touchscreen on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that this issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted drivers on your device.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any hardware/ software changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to access the device using external mouse and keyboard (Confirm to us)?
    • Are you able to boot the device to Safe mode with Networking?

If you are able to access the desktop using external mouse and keyboard, try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Update the keyboard drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard.
    • Right click on the Keyboard driver and click on
      Update driver software.

Step 2: Update the Touchpad drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on each of the drivers and click on Update driver software.

Step 3: I suggest you to update the drivers for touch feature in Device Manager:

Steps:

• Right click on Windows key from the desktop and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices, right click on the
      Touch screen driver and select Update Driver Software.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Harry9001 Win User
    Black Screen with working mouse cursor but not keyboard

Its a black screen with no menu or icons but you can move the mouse freely

Harry9001, Jan 2, 2020
  4. My Hp All-In-One Desktop Has a black screen and the keyboard and mouse are not working. I...

keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

My Hp All-In-One Desktop Has a black screen and the keyboard and mouse are not working. I...

1. My Hp All-In-One Desktop Has a black screen and the keyboard and mouse are not working. I... - Similar Threads - Desktop Has black

2. My HP all in one Computer screen is black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP all in one Computer screen is black: I was in the middle of playing a game and the computer screen just went black. The noises stopped, the keyboard stopped lighting up but the power button and fan is still on.I have tried reseating the memory, cleaning the fan, doing a hard reset. Nothing works. I can’t get to...
  3. My HP all in one Computer screen is black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HP all in one Computer screen is black: I was in the middle of playing a game and the computer screen just went black. The noises stopped, the keyboard stopped lighting up but the power button and fan is still on.I have tried reseating the memory, cleaning the fan, doing a hard reset. Nothing works. I can’t get to...
  4. My HP all in one Computer screen is black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Mouse that works with All In One Media Keyboard dongle?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse that works with All In One Media Keyboard dongle?: Hello,My laptop only has two USB ports and one of them is already used by the dongle of the Microsoft All In One Media Keyboard model 1632.As I would need to keep the other port free for a USB stick, is there a mouse I can buy that will work with the same dongle already used...
  6. Mouse that works with All In One Media Keyboard dongle?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse that works with All In One Media Keyboard dongle?: Hello,My laptop only has two USB ports and one of them is already used by the dongle of the Microsoft All In One Media Keyboard model 1632.As I would need to keep the other port free for a USB stick, is there a mouse I can buy that will work with the same dongle already used...
  7. "Jumping" Mouse on HP All-In-One

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Jumping" Mouse on HP All-In-One: I have a computer that the mouse jumps all over the screen when you try to use it. I have tried 4 different mice, updating the chipset drivers, and switching the mouse USB ports. Does this computer have a bad motherboard? Or is there some setting I need to fix? Thanks in...
  8. Hp All In One Desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hp All In One Desktop: My desktop screen is stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair and won't do anything else https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-all-in-one-desktop/dcbebc8b-8157-4c1b-b69f-2567e27f26ea
  9. Hp All-in-One Desktop Camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hp All-in-One Desktop Camera: My new desktop camera HP TRUVISION HD CAMERA does not take clear photos. How do I correct this? Thanks You. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-all-in-one-desktop-camera/0dc1ddd4-6886-4498-be2f-8ba97c80c05d
  10. HP All-in-one touch screen stopped working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP All-in-one touch screen stopped working.: HP All-in-one touch screen stopped working, it's just a plain monitor now. Updated all drivers, still no input. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-all-in-one-touch-screen-stopped-working/1e443476-5203-42a4-b83b-31b2afa82435

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp all in one black screen