Windows 10: My HP all-in-one printer will not auto select different paper sized between the main tray...

Discus and support My HP all-in-one printer will not auto select different paper sized between the main tray... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have just purchased a HP Officejet Pro 7740 series PCL-3 all-in-one printer. My IT person installed it thru our network. It prints great, except... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChuckWestern, Apr 23, 2019.

1. My HP all-in-one printer will not auto select different paper sized between the main tray...

I have just purchased a HP Officejet Pro 7740 series PCL-3 all-in-one printer. My IT person installed it thru our network. It prints great, except for the fact that when I want to print on a specific size paper, I need to direct the printer to the tray that is storing that paper. Should not the "printer auto select" setting have the printer automatically find the tray containing the requested paper size?

:)

ChuckWestern, Apr 23, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Custom-Sized Form Created in Printer Driver Properties Not Displaying as a Selectable Paper Size in Excel (Office 365)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

While Word offers the flexibility to create custom paper size through Page setup menu, Excel doesn't offer this flexibility to create through Excel easily. You will have to create the custom size in a particular printer (if
    that printer supports custom size) and while printing through Excel, you will have to select this custom size. Sometimes you will not be able to choose the custom size as page sizes available are defined by the printer driver. Please let us know the make and
    model number of your printer.

Also, make sure that you have the latest drivers. Now if you printer drivers support the size you are trying to print, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open a spread sheet that you are trying to print and press Ctrl key + P (to print).
    2. Then Click on Page Setup.
    3. Then click on Sheet and then on Options.
    4. Then click on Advanced and check if you are able to choose the size under Paper/Output.

For more information on this, you can refer to article:
    Change page size, paper size, or page orientation

Hope this Helps.

Naresh_K, Apr 23, 2019
  3. lalillie Win User
    Printer's default paper size ignored

I often print to PDFs. My PDF printers are set to a default paper size of Legal. But when I print the size is Letter and I have to change it each time. This used to work. I'm not sure when it changed.
    • Windows Setting Manage Default Printer is not checked
    • Doesn't matter which printer I use - PDFCreator, Bullzip PDF, Adobe PDF
    • Windows 10 build 1803
    • Happens when printing from many apps - Microsoft Office, LibreOffice, Email
    • Works properly when printing from other apps - Notepad, Notepad++, browsers
    • Happens on multiple computers - desktop and laptop
    Any tips on how to get the printer default paper size to work?

lalillie, Apr 23, 2019
  4. DRDavisWW Win User

My HP all-in-one printer will not auto select different paper sized between the main tray...

Unable to print using printer. Error: Out of paper/Fill Paper tray

New printer HP Envy 5660 bought in May ... and in June I download Windows 10 .

PROBLEM: .I'm Unable to print from computer get " Out of Paper" or "Fill paper tray" (Forget the exact message but something about out of paper) I wanted to print my monthly bank statement & a "Print this Page" Unable to print either page I called HP
    & at that time discovered could print from computer so assumed problem solved but when try to print statement & Print this page was unable to

Who do I contact now HP printer again? HP Computer? Microsoft Windows 10? Does any one have any suggestions? Is there a setting I can change to make it possible for me to print
    everything from computer/

Appreciate any & all suggestions

Thanks ..... Smiley Face

Original title: Printing from my computer

DRDavisWW, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

My HP all-in-one printer will not auto select different paper sized between the main tray...

1. My HP all-in-one printer will not auto select different paper sized between the main tray... - Similar Threads - printer auto select

2. Custom paper size does not appear in printer selection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom paper size does not appear in printer selection: Custom sizes are not showing when I try to send a print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/custom-paper-size-does-not-appear-in-printer/114c6123-9edb-4ef6-a875-038ee75f2e0d
  3. Custom paper size does not appear in printer selection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom paper size does not appear in printer selection: Custom sizes are not showing when I try to send a print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/custom-paper-size-does-not-appear-in-printer/114c6123-9edb-4ef6-a875-038ee75f2e0d
  4. Printer paper size not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer paper size not available: Last week I was able to print on 13x19 paper no problem using my Epson WF7720 printer, however this week the paper size has disappeared from the List of options, I have read many forums and guides on how to solve this issue but none of them work, I have tried creating a new...
  5. Printer paper size not available

Printer paper size not available: Last week I was able to print on 13x19 paper no problem using my Epson WF7720 printer, however this week the paper size has disappeared from the List of options, I have read many forums and guides on how to solve this issue but none of them work, I have tried creating a new...
  6. Printer paper size not available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Making Windows select the right printer for each paper size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making Windows select the right printer for each paper size: Is there a way to set up printers in Windows so that Windows automaticaly selects the apropriate printer for the document I want to print? I have one printer that prints both A4 and A3, another more efficient one that prints A4 only, and a Zebra label printer that prints...
  8. Making Windows select the right printer for each paper size

Making Windows select the right printer for each paper size: Is there a way to set up printers in Windows so that Windows automaticaly selects the apropriate printer for the document I want to print? I have one printer that prints both A4 and A3, another more efficient one that prints A4 only, and a Zebra label printer that prints...
  9. Making Windows select the right printer for each paper size

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. A way to automatically select between 2 printers according to document/paper size settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A way to automatically select between 2 printers according to document/paper size settings?: I have 2 printers connected to my Win10 computer - one is a regular laser printer that prints on 8.5"x11" paper and the other is a 4"x6" label printer for shipping. whenever I send a package, I print a packing slip on 8.5"x11" paper out of one printer and then a 4"x6"...