Windows 10: My HP All in One - Windows 10 PC won't recognize a 5G network connection.

Discus and support My HP All in One - Windows 10 PC won't recognize a 5G network connection. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've tried updating the driver on the network adapter but it says most current one is already installed. All other devices in home will connect to 5G... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FrankSmeriglio, Mar 2, 2020.

1. My HP All in One - Windows 10 PC won't recognize a 5G network connection.

I've tried updating the driver on the network adapter but it says most current one is already installed. All other devices in home will connect to 5G but this PC will only show available 2G networks.

:)

FrankSmeriglio, Mar 2, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel to Bring 5G to Mobile PCs by 2019

Today, Intel announced it is collaborating with Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft to bring 5G connectivity to Windows PCs with Intel XMM 8000 series commercial 5G modems. Intel expects the first high-performing 5G-connected PCs to surface in the market in the second half of 2019.

Mobile World Congress (MWC) attendees will get a first sneak peek at a concept 5G-connected PC - a detachable 2 in 1 - connected by an early 5G modem and powered by 8th Generation Intel Core i5 processors. At MWC, Intel will showcase the power of 5G on a PC by livestreaming video over the 5G network. This concept is one of many stepping stones for moving the industry forward in what's possible for 5G-enabled PCs.

5G is not just another generation of wireless connectivity. It promises new opportunities for technology innovation across the computing and connectivity landscape from the cloud to the network and the client.

My HP All in One - Windows 10 PC won't recognize a 5G network connection. mvLHr0xXNVOtmjhR_thm.jpg

The PC is a central hub for processing incredible amounts of data. 5G is coming. Not only will it bring a substantial amount of data needing processing but also new experiences for PC owners. Imagine immersing in untethered VR from anywhere in the world, or downloading a 250 megabyte file in seconds from a parking lot. Or imagine being able to continue participating in a multiplayer game as you ride in an autonomous vehicle on the way to class. Radically different. This is just a sampling of the experiences 5G will reimagine for the mobile PC. As this transformation of data continues, it's critical for PCs to be ready with 5G.

In addition to 5G:
    At MWC, Intel will also showcase the latest steps it has taken to build toward a more connected future with:
    • 11ax, the next big thing in Wi-Fi. A thin PC with 802.11ax Wi-Fi will be on display at the Intel's booth in Hall 3 at Stand 3E31. 802.11ax builds enhanced levels of manageability and network efficiency, and will be a critical part of the connected future with 5G.
    • eSIM functionality will be on display at Intel's booth in Hall 3 at Stand 3E31. As of September 2017, all of Intel's modem solutions for PCs support eSIM in enterprise and consumer segments. eSIM is an essential feature for connected PCs, and Intel plans to continue offering it going forward. Intel continues to work across the ecosystem to ensure our end customers enjoy seamless out-of-the-box experiences.
    Intel is investing deeply across its wireless portfolio and partners to bring 5G-connected mobile PCs to market, with benefits for users, like high-quality video on-the-go, high-end gaming, and seamless connections as users traverse Wi-Fi and cellular networks. With 5G's critical speeds and capacity, Intel will help to open the door to new experiences hardly imaginable today, and make connecting online from anywhere, anytime the norm.

btarunr, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Intel to Bring 5G to Mobile PCs in 2nd half of 2019

Source: https://newsroom.intel.com/news/inte...ations-2-in-1/

See also: https://newsroom.intel.com/editorial...-client-cloud/

Brink, Mar 2, 2020
  4. jmack1 Win User

My HP All in One - Windows 10 PC won't recognize a 5G network connection.

Laptop Wifi used to recognize & communicate with 5G net, now it can't

I have an HP Pavillion dv6 running Windows 7 professional with an Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter. My router is a Netgear90. I have a record of 5G communications in my history of network communications. Now my computer can not recognize 5G networks. I have recently moved. Previously I was on a Dish satellite network. Now my network is a century Link DSL network. The router is the same. Any suggestions on what might have happened and how to correct the problem?

jmack1, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

My HP All in One - Windows 10 PC won't recognize a 5G network connection.

1. My HP All in One - Windows 10 PC won't recognize a 5G network connection. - Similar Threads - won't recognize network

2. Cannot connect to my 5G network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to my 5G network: Hi, I recently bought a new laptop Lenovo and it works just fine until recently I am not able to connect to my 5G network even though my 5G network is available in the list of available network but it says "cannot connect to this network" -using windows 11 with the latest...
  3. Cannot connect to my 5G network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to my 5G network: Hi, I recently bought a new laptop Lenovo and it works just fine until recently I am not able to connect to my 5G network even though my 5G network is available in the list of available network but it says "cannot connect to this network" -using windows 11 with the latest...
  4. Can't connect to 5g network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to 5g network: I've had this problem before that whenever I try to connect to the 5G network in my home I get the message "Can't connect to this network", but the 2G network works just fine. Previously, this problem has misteriously sorted itself out, but this time it seems like it won't....
  5. Can't connect to 5g network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to 5g network: I've had this problem before that whenever I try to connect to the 5G network in my home I get the message "Can't connect to this network", but the 2G network works just fine. Previously, this problem has misteriously sorted itself out, but this time it seems like it won't....
  6. Can't connect to 5g network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Hp all-in-one desktop won't go to windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hp all-in-one desktop won't go to windows: Hi when I turn on my computer the windows will not come up. It come up windows script host error message i try to bring up system recovery and it brings me that [IMG][IMG]...
  8. 5G NETWORK & WINDOWS 10

5G NETWORK & WINDOWS 10: I cannot see my 5G network that I have been using for a long time. My Android phone and tablet can but my new laptop (WIN 10) doesn't. How do I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/5g-network-windows-10/8feb2625-a0ff-4687-815d-4f745567b311
  9. HP windows 10 laptop, will not see 5G networks

HP windows 10 laptop, will not see 5G networks: HP windows 10 laptop. All windows and drivers updated. Will not see 5G networks. All other devices see the 5G networks SSID: ************** Protocol: 802.11n Security type: WPA2-Personal Network band: 2.4 GHz Network channel: 1 IPv4 address: 192.168.1.15 IPv4 DNS...
  10. HP Printer won't connect to network

HP Printer won't connect to network: My HP Officejet 4652 was working great connected to my laptop through wi-fi ( I have windows 10). Then we had a lightning storm and the power was out for about 2 hours. Since then, the printer says all the right things but it can't connect to the network. I've run all of the...