Windows 10: My Hp came with a Microsoft firewall and internet security. Do I really need more or is...

Discus and support My Hp came with a Microsoft firewall and internet security. Do I really need more or is... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How much Antivirus/anti Ransome ware/ anti Malware does a person need? Does microsoft not offer enough protection on their product?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MicClaySorum, May 6, 2020.

1. My Hp came with a Microsoft firewall and internet security. Do I really need more or is...

How much Antivirus/anti Ransome ware/ anti Malware does a person need? Does microsoft not offer enough protection on their product?

:)

MicClaySorum, May 6, 2020

2. suggest best internet security/antivirus for windows 7

Hello,

I m using HP envy 3090nr laptop having windows 7 home premium.

I was using norton internet security previously which was very good, no virus problem so far.

But i want to know any other internet security which is better or similar and free?

Give your suggestions for best free as well as best paid internet security.

Also give your opinion for microsoft security essentials.

Thanks.

freebird_9924, May 6, 2020
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, May 6, 2020
  4. RolandJS Win User

My Hp came with a Microsoft firewall and internet security. Do I really need more or is...

Internet security firewall issues

For what it's worth, I used Comodo Internet Security awhile, and when it worked, it really worked well!!
    However, let's just say, I'm now using Windows 7 built-in firewall.

RolandJS, May 6, 2020
Thema:

My Hp came with a Microsoft firewall and internet security. Do I really need more or is...

1. My Hp came with a Microsoft firewall and internet security. Do I really need more or is... - Similar Threads - came Microsoft firewall

2. Do I need more than Windows Security?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I need more than Windows Security?: I am purchasing a new Dell i5 desktop. My last Dell aio had a problem with the device security page that could not be displayed. I had the warning for this problem but after 5 tries with Microsoft support and 2 tries with Dell support I gave up. So just wanted to know if I...
  3. Microsoft Edge WebView2: do I REALLY need it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge WebView2: do I REALLY need it?: This is taking up a lot of my resources and it's always running. I don't use Edge as a browser in W11 nor do I use Widgets. I don't have Office installed either.I know I cannot natively uninstall Microsoft Edge WebView2, I can uninstall with many third party uninstallers...
  4. Microsoft Edge WebView2: do I REALLY need it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge WebView2: do I REALLY need it?: This is taking up a lot of my resources and it's always running. I don't use Edge as a browser in W11 nor do I use Widgets. I don't have Office installed either.I know I cannot natively uninstall Microsoft Edge WebView2, I can uninstall with many third party uninstallers...
  5. I really need help fixing my internet adapter...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I really need help fixing my internet adapter...: Dell Inspiron Tag: GBDS0P2 My Intel AC-9560 Wireless Adapter is not working. Troubleshooter keeps telling me wireless capability is turned off... yet it worked after resetting WLAN and Bluetooth settings in BIOS. I tried enabling wireless capability using Fn + PrtScreen...
  6. No internet, Secured. But more complicated.

No internet, Secured. But more complicated.: So my pc has been working completely fine all day and i restarted it because my nvidia drivers werent working. After the restart my pc refuses to connect to ethernet, or wifi. I have a pcie wifi card and have tried 2 different ones in my system. I have followed other guides...
  7. do I really need additional security in Windows 10?

do I really need additional security in Windows 10?: Do I really need additional security in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-really-need-additional-security-in-windows-10/b1cc2217-e7e2-45de-b779-974e2ccab0c1"
  8. Do I need Sonicwall firewall?

Do I need Sonicwall firewall?: I have Windows Defender and Att router. I've been told I need to add Sonic Wall for network security. Is that true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/do-i-need-sonicwall-firewall/f2dcebc1-0710-43ea-80b8-c9993393cb15
  9. Internet security firewall issues

Internet security firewall issues: I've been using comodo for a year or so with no problems. A few builds ago, the firewall grayed out and stopped all access. I uninstalled and used defender; all good. I have tried reinstalling and it now says this program not compatible... Also, Vipre has it's firewall grayed...
  10. Do I really need a homegroup?

Do I really need a homegroup?: In Windows 7, I had a desktop PC and a laptop on a network without a homegroup, and I shared files seamlessly between both computers over the network. Windows 10 seems to require a homegroup to share. And if it doesn't, it sure wants to promote homegroup use. Doesn't a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do i need windows firewalss if already have Mcaffe