Windows 10: My HP envy5541 has stopped printing,it shows to be connected and is the default...

Discus and support My HP envy5541 has stopped printing,it shows to be connected and is the default... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my HP envy 5541 has stopped printing,it shows to be connected and is the default printer.Windows error report says printercould not be contacted over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jennyeames, Oct 28, 2020.

1. My HP envy5541 has stopped printing,it shows to be connected and is the default...

my HP envy 5541 has stopped printing,it shows to be connected and is the default printer.Windows error report says printercould not be contacted over the network.when i tried to print from my old laptop it worked.Why?

:)

jennyeames, Oct 28, 2020

2. Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Printing issue with HP Laser Jet P1005

Hi Friend,

Please try to following trouble shooting Steps:

• Turn off the printer using the power button and then unplug the printer power cord from the power outlet.

• Save your work. After using these steps, your current print jobs are lost and will need to be printed again.

• Open Windows Services using one of the following methods:

• Search Windows for services, and click Services in the list of results.

• On your keyboard, press Windows key (
        My HP envy5541 has stopped printing,it shows to be connected and is the default... [​IMG]
        ) + R, type services.msc in the window that opens, and then click OK.

• Scroll through the list of services and find the name Print Spooler.

• Right-click Print Spooler and select Stop.
    Otherwise go to HP Official Website: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-laserjet-p1005-printer/3435674/

jacobbenjamin, Oct 28, 2020
  4. My HP envy5541 has stopped printing,it shows to be connected and is the default...

HP OfficeJet 4650 stopped printing in colour and automatic duplex printing

I am having 2 issues which I suspect are both connected......

1) Printer stopped printing in colour.

- I have several times uninstalled and reinstalled printer and print drivers, both from HP website and CD.

- Printer is able to print in colour - I can print proper test page and copy in colour - it is NOT a colour cartridge or printer hardware issue.

- in Programs, only the Basic Device Software is showing up - not full features which is what I've been downloading

- in printer properties, advanced - there is NO option coming up "print in greyscale" to turn off, so don't suggest this step

- this has happened before and uninstalling and reinstalling with CD worked....this time, not so much.

**I URGENTLY need to print in colour .....very upset about this!

2) Printer has stopped automatically duplex printing

- this happened before and uninstalling and reinstalling fixed it

- only shows options for manual duplex printing where you have to take the sheets and reinsert them

- I've gone into printer properties, device settings and Automatic Duplexing unit shows "Not Installed". I can get it to show "Installed" by Updating in Automatic Configuration but when I exit and go back in, it is always back to "not installed".

- Automatic duplex printing was one of the main reasons I chose this printer.

Any help with either of these issues appreciated, but colour issue is very URGENT!

Thank you

miraclesabound4, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

My HP envy5541 has stopped printing,it shows to be connected and is the default...

1. My HP envy5541 has stopped printing,it shows to be connected and is the default... - Similar Threads - envy5541 has stopped

2. My HP F4272 printer starts to print then stops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP F4272 printer starts to print then stops: My HP Printer F4272 starts to print then stops Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-f4272-printer-starts-to-print-then-stops/0a5ac352-b6a2-4570-808f-bb709a1db189
  3. My HP F4272 printer starts to print then stops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HP F4272 printer starts to print then stops: My HP Printer F4272 starts to print then stops Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-f4272-printer-starts-to-print-then-stops/0a5ac352-b6a2-4570-808f-bb709a1db189
  4. Hp Photosmart 6520 printer suddenly has stopped printing and not connecting with my Lenovo...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hp Photosmart 6520 printer suddenly has stopped printing and not connecting with my Lenovo...: HELP!!! I've tried every suggestion from HP regarding troubleshooting my printer problem. Up until yesterday I had not issues printing and suddenly my computer is unable to connect to the printer. Other wireless devices can print, so we determined it is this computer. I...
  5. my hp printer has stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my hp printer has stopped working: Hp 551 stopped working recently. It's going on all the other pcs here, not this one. I've uninstalled it, biffed the driver and started again repeatedly. Cant find Kb4557957 and kb 4560690 which is recommended to uninstal. What to do? Grateful for any ideas...
  6. "Your Phone" default app has stopped connecting

"Your Phone" default app has stopped connecting: Hey all I had a problem today where when I use the "Link to Windows" feature on my Samsung Note 10+ and use the "Your Phone" app on Windows 10, the PC and phone did not communicate properly. all fields said at the top of each page "last updated 9/18/2020" which obviously...
  7. Wireless printing has stopped working

Wireless printing has stopped working: Printing wirelessly from Acer laptop to HP ENVY 5546 printer via TalkTalk modem - has been working fine but has now stopped working, after latest Win 10 update. It will print fine with a USB cable. Other laptops in the house, and my mobile phone, can still print wirelessly....
  8. MS Print to PDF has stopped connecting

MS Print to PDF has stopped connecting: Contact with my MS Print to PDF has stopped working - even with Notepad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-print-to-pdf-has-stopped-connecting/9345277d-cda0-419f-9a8d-1132c8ff6e05
  9. my print spooler has stopped

my print spooler has stopped: I am unable to start my print spooler would like a how to restart it. Tried the trouble shooter and it didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-print-spooler-has-stopped/90cac5db-2ce4-4f6b-9100-d8fbbca1651a
  10. printing from PC with Windows 10 to HP printer has stopped

printing from PC with Windows 10 to HP printer has stopped: Now I'm unable to print to my HP Officejet Pro 8600 from Windows 10. Seems to have started within the last few weeks. I can print from my phone and a Mac laptop. All of these devices were printing through my WIFI router. I tried all the basic ways to resolve - restarting...