Windows 10: My HP is no longer recognizing my headphones

Discus and support My HP is no longer recognizing my headphones in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop is fairly new but I've had some issues with it before regarding software not properly installed before I bought it. Suddenly today my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KeyleeGibbons, Dec 7, 2018.

1. My HP is no longer recognizing my headphones

My laptop is fairly new but I've had some issues with it before regarding software not properly installed before I bought it. Suddenly today my headphones have stopped being recognized and it sounds like initially they connect because there is a loud buzzing, which also is happening out of the speakers when I unplug them. Ive tried everything I can find to fix this. Ive uninstalled the driver and rebooted to make it reinstall, the driver is completely updated. Ive also attempted to make my headphones the deafault playback device but they will not show up, even after selecting "show disabled/ disconnected devices". The headphones work in other devices. And I can get them to work for a minute or two upon restarting which tells me its not a hardware problem. I am currently running driver verifier in hopes that will tell me something, please help!!

:)

KeyleeGibbons, Dec 7, 2018

2. Headphones recognized as Speakers...

Hi Ahri,

Having your headphones recognized as speaker when plugged in at the back of your PC could be the reason why the audio is low. To help us isolate the problem, we suggest running first the audio troubleshooter from the link Fix
    sound problems

In case the issue persists, then let's remap or retask your Realtek audio jack and see if it addresses the issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    • In the back panel, right click the option where your headphone is connected.
    • Choose the option Connector Retasking, then select Headphone.

Feel free to update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 7, 2018
  3. AhriChan Win User
    Headphones recognized as Speakers...

Thanks for the Reply!,

So i tried the Troubleshooting option, but sadly it didnt help, it still was Quiet and the Headphones are still listed as 'Speakers' in the Sound Options, Screenshot:

My HP is no longer recognizing my headphones 83a5f9fe-bd83-4816-9bc0-aa31420d0faf.jpg

So i tried to do the Realtek Steps,

I opened the Realtek HD Audio Manager, then right clicked on the Green Jack (where my headphones are connected) but nothing happens.. I can double click and right click on it all-day, but nothing happens, nor any options open.

My HP is no longer recognizing my headphones 32e85868-94aa-4adb-a49f-9a020808e256.jpg

AhriChan, Dec 7, 2018
  4. My HP is no longer recognizing my headphones

Windows 10 not recognizing headphones in front panel jack

Hello, I just upgraded my windows 8 to 10 as well and have the same issue. I already followed all the steps to update the software and it did not correct the issue. The computer no longer recognizes headphones or microphones.

Asereht8699, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

My HP is no longer recognizing my headphones

1. My HP is no longer recognizing my headphones - Similar Threads - longer recognizing headphones

2. My Laptop Recognizes my Headset as a Headphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop Recognizes my Headset as a Headphone: A year ago I updated windows to windows 11 and my headset with the mic was working fine until an update that made my sound flat while I was playing a game after the game I restarted my laptop and it didn't fix the issue. I searched online and found a fix to download the audio...
  3. My Laptop Recognizes my Headset as a Headphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop Recognizes my Headset as a Headphone: A year ago I updated windows to windows 11 and my headset with the mic was working fine until an update that made my sound flat while I was playing a game after the game I restarted my laptop and it didn't fix the issue. I searched online and found a fix to download the audio...
  4. My laptop is not recognizing my headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop is not recognizing my headphones: Hello, so the story starts that today 25th December, I was using my headphones for music when they suddenly stopped. I tried to check with another headphone and that headphone was also not working. I checked the drivers and it seems that my headphone driver just uninstalled...
  5. My computer Doesn't recognize headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer Doesn't recognize headphones: I checked already that on my phone, my headphones work, but not on computer. Just yesterday absolutely was fine, I didn't even download anything noticeable. I've checked a ton of videos on youtube and some website tips, where I found somewhere 9 different methods, but no...
  6. Windows does not recognize my headphones though it recognizes my headphone's microphone

Windows does not recognize my headphones though it recognizes my headphone's microphone: idk when it had happened but at some point, maybe after an update, my laptop just stopped recognizing my headphones. When I delete realtec drivers it reboots the system and my laptop actually detects my headphones and I can switch between the speakers and the headphones. The...
  7. My external microphone is not recognized by headphones?

My external microphone is not recognized by headphones?: Hello everybody! I've really tried everything. But only the internal micro(input) is accepted and not the external. With the speakers everything is okay! What can I do? Reinstalling the driver does not help! Mein externes Mikro von Kopfhörer wird nicht erkannt?
  8. Headphones are no longer recognized (PC)?

Headphones are no longer recognized (PC)?: Hi, so today at about 14 o'clock I noticed that my headphones are not connected (they were of course not recognized), of course I did the usual crap reinstall drivers, restart the computer etc. and it was still not possible to use the headsets on other devices.I have today n...
  9. My system won't recognize my headphones.

My system won't recognize my headphones.: So I got a new hard drive installed, and now my system doesn't recognize my headphones. I tried updating the audio drivers using Drivereasy, it didn't work. I tried downloading Realtek HD drivers (which are not in my computer now) and after restarting my computer as requested...
  10. My headphones microphone isnt recognized

My headphones microphone isnt recognized: When I plugged in my new headphones they were working fine but the microphone wasn't working and its still dont working I tried to see if the problem was in the head phones but the microphone worked completly fine on my phone i have downloaded all the windows updates from...