Windows 10: My HP laptop gets the BSOD on startup and CRITICAL PROCESS DIED message.

Discus and support My HP laptop gets the BSOD on startup and CRITICAL PROCESS DIED message. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My HP laptop, running Windows 10, gets the BSOD on startup and CRITICALPROCESSDIED message. Tried normal repairs but can't get it to start, it won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jack Mc Devitt, Oct 17, 2020.

1. My HP laptop gets the BSOD on startup and CRITICAL PROCESS DIED message.

My HP laptop, running Windows 10, gets the BSOD on startup and CRITICALPROCESSDIED message. Tried normal repairs but can't get it to start, it won't even allow me to get to safe mode. It does allow command prompt, but I don't know how to get the DVD started for restore or tools. I have an Image restore DVD set but can't get that to engage. I got this problem after restarting after I tried to Restore my system through the restore function to get my sound mixer volume control disappeared. Can anyone help? I am using my slow backup machine to get the help needed, which is extremely slow. TIA

:)

Jack Mc Devitt, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Veoxer Win User

BSOD critical process died

My replies in red.

Veoxer, Oct 17, 2020
  3. HP Envy X2 Laptop Critical Process Died in Windows 10

Have a HP Envy X2 laptop with Windows 10. When I power it on it:

1. Goes into Preparing Automatic Repair state with the HP logo and spinning dots below it.
    2. Then goes into the Blue screen of death stating Critical Process Died.
    3. After about a couple of minutes the HP logo reappears with the spinning dots (but no automatic repair message)
    4. Finally the laptop shuts down.
    5. I attempt to power it on again, then it repeats the previous steps.
    So I cannot get into Windows 10. I've tried getting into safe mode but was unsuccessful.

I have the Windows 10 media file on an USB drive. Can someone advise me how do I install a clean copy of Windows during the boot up process? Or at least get into safe mode?

TommyYipOD, Oct 17, 2020
  4. My HP laptop gets the BSOD on startup and CRITICAL PROCESS DIED message.

Kapil Arya MVP, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

My HP laptop gets the BSOD on startup and CRITICAL PROCESS DIED message.

1. My HP laptop gets the BSOD on startup and CRITICAL PROCESS DIED message. - Similar Threads - laptop gets BSOD

2. BSOD with messages irql_not_less_or_equal and critical process died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with messages irql_not_less_or_equal and critical process died: In previous 30 days my PC started having BSOD with the following messages:irql_not_less_or_equal critical process diedAt first it would let me back into Windows, but after a few minutes it would show critical process died and Windows couldn't repair boot.Tried chkdisk /r,...
  3. BSOD with messages irql_not_less_or_equal and critical process died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with messages irql_not_less_or_equal and critical process died: In previous 30 days my PC started having BSOD with the following messages:irql_not_less_or_equal critical process diedAt first it would let me back into Windows, but after a few minutes it would show critical process died and Windows couldn't repair boot.Tried chkdisk /r,...
  4. Critical Process Died bsod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  5. BSOD with critical process died message

BSOD with critical process died message: After several years without any problem, last week my PC failed to start and become in a infinite cycle of automatic restarts. When I read how to avoid this cycle finally I could see the BSOD with "Critical process died" message at the end I've uploaded dmp, nfo and other...
  6. Critical process died BSOD on startup

Critical process died BSOD on startup: Hi everyone, I've been having a lot of troubles with my laptop recently. At first, i started getting the atikmdag.sys BSOD about a week ago and it started happening after i used AMD software to update my drivers. Without updating with AMD software, i was unable to change my...
  7. Critical Process Died on startup

Critical Process Died on startup: hello there I am experiencing an issue with startup on my pc. I am getting the "Critical process died" error then it attempts to diagnose and repair but always fails. I have attempted several times to start windows in safe mode and that fails, I have tried to perform system...
  8. Lenovo G50-45 Laptop startup BSOD Critical Process Died

Lenovo G50-45 Laptop startup BSOD Critical Process Died: Hey everyone. Earlier yesterday I ran System Restore to bring my laptop back to an earlier state due to a display issue. Everything was back normal and working fine until an abrupt shutdown shutdown on my part. I rebooted my laptop and the Lenovo loading screen showed up as...
  9. Critical Process Died BSOD on Startup

Critical Process Died BSOD on Startup: Hello all, I just recently started having this issue. When I boot the PC, it immediately goes to this BSOD. Auto repair obviously wasn't able to fix it. I can't really post a crash dump as I can't even get into Windows. I don't really know what this error means, but here is...
  10. HP laptop crashes on waking BSOD - "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED"

HP laptop crashes on waking BSOD - "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED": Code: Loading Dump File [G:\MEMORY.DMP] Kernel Bitmap Dump File: Kernel address space is available, User address space may not be available. ************* Symbol Path validation summary ************** Response Time (ms) Location Deferred srv* ************* Symbol Path...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my hp laptop says critical process is died how to fix it