Windows 10: My HP laptop gets the BSOD on startup and CRITICAL PROCESS DIED message.

Discus and support My HP laptop gets the BSOD on startup and CRITICAL PROCESS DIED message. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My HP laptop, running Windows 10, gets the BSOD on startup and CRITICALPROCESSDIED message. Tried normal repairs but can't get it to start, it won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jack Mc Devitt, Oct 17, 2020.

1. My HP laptop gets the BSOD on startup and CRITICAL PROCESS DIED message.

My HP laptop, running Windows 10, gets the BSOD on startup and CRITICALPROCESSDIED message. Tried normal repairs but can't get it to start, it won't even allow me to get to safe mode. It does allow command prompt, but I don't know how to get the DVD started for restore or tools. I have an Image restore DVD set but can't get that to engage. I got this problem after restarting after I tried to Restore my system through the restore function to get my sound mixer volume control disappeared. Can anyone help? I am using my slow backup machine to get the help needed, which is extremely slow. TIA

:)

Jack Mc Devitt, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Veoxer Win User

BSOD critical process died

My replies in red.

Veoxer, Oct 17, 2020
  3. HP Envy X2 Laptop Critical Process Died in Windows 10

Have a HP Envy X2 laptop with Windows 10. When I power it on it:

1. Goes into Preparing Automatic Repair state with the HP logo and spinning dots below it.
    2. Then goes into the Blue screen of death stating Critical Process Died.
    3. After about a couple of minutes the HP logo reappears with the spinning dots (but no automatic repair message)
    4. Finally the laptop shuts down.
    5. I attempt to power it on again, then it repeats the previous steps.
    So I cannot get into Windows 10. I've tried getting into safe mode but was unsuccessful.

I have the Windows 10 media file on an USB drive. Can someone advise me how do I install a clean copy of Windows during the boot up process? Or at least get into safe mode?

TommyYipOD, Oct 17, 2020
  4. My HP laptop gets the BSOD on startup and CRITICAL PROCESS DIED message.

Kapil Arya MVP, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

My HP laptop gets the BSOD on startup and CRITICAL PROCESS DIED message.

1. My HP laptop gets the BSOD on startup and CRITICAL PROCESS DIED message. - Similar Threads - laptop gets BSOD

2. BSOD-Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD-Critical Process Died: Hello, I am having a lot of trouble with my desktop computer running Windows 10. Specifications: Motherboard- Gigabyte G31M-ES2L CPU- Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 2.80GHzCurrently Overclocked to 3.25GHz GPU 0- Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 1GBOverclocked~75% GPU 1- Intel G33/G31...
  3. BSOD Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Critical Process Died: My PC BSOD'ed 5 times in a row now, here's a link to the minidump files https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuFFvdJOMwSV0mzAdR1EmCi8nWBR?e=ynEBa6 Can I get a help on what's going on? I just had an update last night btw, so I'm not sure if that's somehow related. Thanks...
  4. BSOD: Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD: Critical Process Died: This is by far the **** thing happened to me till now. I am not able to access anything because every there is BSOD. Then the Laptop goes into automatic repairs and then it doesn't work. I get another screen where I go into advanced options and then in troubleshoot. NO ****...
  5. Critical process died BSOD on startup

Critical process died BSOD on startup: Hi everyone, I've been having a lot of troubles with my laptop recently. At first, i started getting the atikmdag.sys BSOD about a week ago and it started happening after i used AMD software to update my drivers. Without updating with AMD software, i was unable to change my...
  6. Laptop freezing + bsod critical process died

Laptop freezing + bsod critical process died: Hi there, not sure if this is the right place but I'm having some big issues with my laptop since the last 4 days. The situation I'm getting seemingly random freezes, they start off by me being able to still move the cursor but not being able to do anything else, then I...
  7. Critical Process Died on startup

Critical Process Died on startup: hello there I am experiencing an issue with startup on my pc. I am getting the "Critical process died" error then it attempts to diagnose and repair but always fails. I have attempted several times to start windows in safe mode and that fails, I have tried to perform system...
  8. BSOD - Critical Process Died

BSOD - Critical Process Died: Hi, could anyone check on my BSOD logs? I get the feeling it might be a hardware issue as I have reinstalled OS multiple times already and it still occurs. Thanks! BSOD sometimes shows CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Though I do notice sometimes it showed UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION....
  9. BSOD critical process died

BSOD critical process died: Dear all, Thank you for reading this. Recently I've been getting a lot of BSOD's. To be more specific the "critical_process_died" one stuck at 0% so no dump file. I did my fair amount of searching on the internet and i tried just about everything and still can't seem to fix...
  10. Critical Process Died BSOD on Startup

Critical Process Died BSOD on Startup: Hello all, I just recently started having this issue. When I boot the PC, it immediately goes to this BSOD. Auto repair obviously wasn't able to fix it. I can't really post a crash dump as I can't even get into Windows. I don't really know what this error means, but here is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my hp laptop says critical process is died how to fix it