Windows 10: My HP laptop goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, even when plugged in

Discus and support My HP laptop goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, even when plugged in in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My HP laptop goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, even when plugged in. In settings the screen is set to go off in 30 minutes and it is set to sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by EricClyde, Nov 26, 2018.

1. EricClyde Win User

My HP laptop goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, even when plugged in

My HP laptop goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, even when plugged in. In settings the screen is set to go off in 30 minutes and it is set to sleep after 5 hours when plugged in.

:)

EricClyde, Nov 26, 2018

2. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Nov 26, 2018
  4. My HP laptop goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, even when plugged in

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

My HP laptop goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, even when plugged in

1. My HP laptop goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, even when plugged in - Similar Threads - laptop goes sleep

2. Laptop goes to sleep every 30 minutes even when active.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop goes to sleep every 30 minutes even when active.: Hi My laptop has recently started going to sleep exactly every 30 minutes even when I'm active ie. moving the mouse, typing, watching a video etc. I know it's exactly every 30 minutes because event viewer tells me. In event viewer, it gives the error as Event 506,...
  3. Laptop goes to sleep and then shuts down after 5 minutes of lid closed

Laptop goes to sleep and then shuts down after 5 minutes of lid closed: Computer Model: Asus GL553VE. OS: Windows 10 Home I have checked all settings and updatesbios,driver,windows and tried every solution available on internet. There is no mention of shutdown in the logs but the computer gets turned off. Also, I have 1 SSD and 1 HDD...
  4. laptop goes to sleep when charger gets plugged in

laptop goes to sleep when charger gets plugged in: Hi, I just faced a weird issue on my dell laptop where when I plugged in my charger, windows went to sleep. Now interesting thing is, this didn't happened on any previous times when I plug in my charger. So why it happened now? Another interesting story, it doesn't happen...
  5. Windows goes to sleep after 5 minutes

Windows goes to sleep after 5 minutes: So recently my computer has started to go to sleep after about 5 minutes of inactivity. I've looked everywhere and have tried everything but nothing seems to work. Here's a list of what I've tried. Running troubleshooting on power settings. Running regedit and going to...
  6. System goes to sleep after 5 minutes

System goes to sleep after 5 minutes: ***Modify title from: Sleep*** My HP laptop goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, even when plugged in. In settings the screen is set to go off in 30 minutes and it is set to sleep after 5 hours when plugged in....
  7. Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger

Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger: Hello. I have a ASUS X550C laptop. The original charger broke, so i bought a charger for it at my local market (the brand is "Innergie"), which also works for ASUS laptops. Now since i got this charger, i was experiencing issues where my laptop would randomly go to sleep...
  8. Laptop goes to sleep after a minute of no use....

Laptop goes to sleep after a minute of no use....: Not sure if this is a Windows 10 issue or a laptop issue. I have the sleep mode after no use set to 15 minutes, but lately it goes to sleep after one minute or not moving the mouse or anything. Not sure what the problem and would love to see if anyone here has a solution....
  9. Laptop goes to sleep after 2 minutes while plugged in

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop goes to sleep after 2 minutes while plugged in: Hello, I have a Lenovo YOGA 900-13ISK, with Windows 10 currently installed. I've recently been annoyed by the following occurrence: while my laptop is plugged in and I stop using it (moving mouse, typing keys, etc), my laptop puts itself to sleep after 2 minutes and 15...
  10. Sleep mode every 2 minutes when plugged in

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep mode every 2 minutes when plugged in: The laptop is going to sleep every 2-3 minutes while plugged in. The power settings for sleep are 1 hour on battery and 1 hour when plugged in. The screen saver is set to None. This is a relatively new behavior, did not have this problem when first upgraded to Win 10 from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. processor goes to sleep after 5 minutes