Windows 10: my HP laptop is almost 12 months old and has no slots for any Window 10 CDs. I need to...

Discus and support my HP laptop is almost 12 months old and has no slots for any Window 10 CDs. I need to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; installing Windows 10 when I only have CDs and my HP laptop has no slots. How?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DenisFoster, Jun 22, 2020.

1. my HP laptop is almost 12 months old and has no slots for any Window 10 CDs. I need to...

installing Windows 10 when I only have CDs and my HP laptop has no slots. How?

:)

DenisFoster, Jun 22, 2020

2. Cannot find a way to insert CD in Windows 10.

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you cannot find the drive to insert CD/DVD on HP Elitebook 540W laptop.

You can not only press the external button located on the device to open CD/DVD drive slot but can eject the drive through the File Explorer option as well.

To open CD/DVD drive, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved:

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard and select
      This PC from the left side panel of the window.

• Right click on DVD Drive drive located under
      Device and drives and select Eject option.

• Check if the drive slot to insert the CD will open.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back of the HP envy all-in-one?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• When you say, “how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back” are you not able to open the drive to enter a disk or trying to replace the drive?
    • What is the exact model number of the HP Envy PC that you are using? To check type:
      msinfo32 in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If the CD/DVD drive is not getting detected on the computer, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the HP article
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8).

If you are unable to burn CD/DVD using the drive, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the HP article

HP PCs - CD or DVD Drive Cannot Burn Discs (Windows 10, 8)

Please provide more information on the issue that you are facing to help you with the appropriate steps.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 22, 2020
  4. my HP laptop is almost 12 months old and has no slots for any Window 10 CDs. I need to...

HP ENVY m4 Windows 8 Laptop Available for Pre-Order

Officially announced one month ago, the Windows 8-running ENVY m4 14-inch laptop from HP can now be found on pre-order, priced at $829.99. The m4 is 1.1 inches thick and features an LED-backlit (1366 x 768) display, a 2.2 GHz Core i7-3632QM processor, Intel HD graphics, 8 GB of RAM, a 1 TB hard drive, and a DVD writer.

HP's notebook also has a media card reader, an HD webcam, Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, two USB 3.0 ports, stereo speakers and a subwoofer, Beats Audio, an HDMI output, and a 6-cell battery. The ENVY m4 is listed here.

my HP laptop is almost 12 months old and has no slots for any Window 10 CDs. I need to... hp_envy_m4_01_thm.jpg

Source: Laptoping

Cristian_25H, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

my HP laptop is almost 12 months old and has no slots for any Window 10 CDs. I need to...

1. my HP laptop is almost 12 months old and has no slots for any Window 10 CDs. I need to... - Similar Threads - laptop almost months

2. Help windows HP laptop 1 month old windows 11os

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help windows HP laptop 1 month old windows 11os: I bought a cheap hp 14 laptop price was right and it accomplished exactly what I needed.For lack of any explanation here I am.So my laptop came with windows 11 operating system, I use device mostly for online portal access for educational purposes. No streaming except a...
  3. Help windows HP laptop 1 month old windows 11os

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help windows HP laptop 1 month old windows 11os: I bought a cheap hp 14 laptop price was right and it accomplished exactly what I needed.For lack of any explanation here I am.So my laptop came with windows 11 operating system, I use device mostly for online portal access for educational purposes. No streaming except a...
  4. I have bought a hp 845g8 laptop and i am unable to open my sim card slot, the slot is not...

I have bought a hp 845g8 laptop and i am unable to open my sim card slot, the slot is not...: Please, insist me to open my sim card slot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-bought-a-hp-845g8-laptop-and-i-am-unable-to/d683e5dc-0573-4aef-9788-d7cf42a4ddac
  5. I have bought a hp 845g8 laptop and i am unable to open my sim card slot, the slot is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have bought a hp 845g8 laptop and i am unable to open my sim card slot, the slot is not...: Please, insist me to open my sim card slot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-bought-a-hp-845g8-laptop-and-i-am-unable-to/d683e5dc-0573-4aef-9788-d7cf42a4ddac
  6. My WMP has not played my old CDs . It doe not recognize the CD.?? It plays the new CDs..???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My WMP has not played my old CDs . It doe not recognize the CD.?? It plays the new CDs..???: My WMP has not played my old CDs . It doe not recognize the CD.?? It plays the new CDs..??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wmp-has-not-played-my-old-cds-it-doe-not/8de0895a-ae97-4c16-849c-c70958db9384
  7. My WMP has not played my old CDs . It doe not recognize the CD.?? It plays the new CDs..???

My WMP has not played my old CDs . It doe not recognize the CD.?? It plays the new CDs..???: My WMP has not played my old CDs . It doe not recognize the CD.?? It plays the new CDs..??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wmp-has-not-played-my-old-cds-it-doe-not/8de0895a-ae97-4c16-849c-c70958db9384
  8. Any such thing as a GPU for an old laptop's Express Card slot?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Any such thing as a GPU for an old laptop's Express Card slot?: As detailed elsewhere on this forum, I have recently resurrected a fifteen-year-old Toshiba Satellite laptop, and after running it on a new installation of Windows 7 Pro, I upgraded it successfully to Windows 10 Pro 21H1. I've been enjoying experimenting with it, and finding...
  9. my windows 10 hp laptop sd card slot use

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my windows 10 hp laptop sd card slot use: hi, I have a windows 10 hp laptop and I was curious on what type of SD card I need for it? , meaning brand and size?... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-hp-laptop-sd-card-slot-use/f0e02ed7-f8fa-4076-a25f-9c81e6c951c8"
  10. Windows 10 has stopped connecting with my HP printer- its only 2 months old

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 has stopped connecting with my HP printer- its only 2 months old: Windows 10 has stopped connecting with my HP printer its only 2 months old, connection has been fine until now. I have unistalled drivers, and dowloaded new ones, but now the computer will not run and install them....i have tried everything google suggests and nothing....