Windows 10: My hp laptop is on the blink and I am trying to restore it back to Windows 10 because I...

Discus and support My hp laptop is on the blink and I am trying to restore it back to Windows 10 because I... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to get my HP laptop back to its natural state with Windows 10 and I am having lots of issues. I can't get it to restore to it original... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stephanie Plummer, Feb 23, 2024.

1. My hp laptop is on the blink and I am trying to restore it back to Windows 10 because I...

I am trying to get my HP laptop back to its natural state with Windows 10 and I am having lots of issues. I can't get it to restore to it original store and I have been trying for a while. Can I get assistance to fix my issue to restore my HP to operational status? I reaching out on my Samsung Chrome notebook to fix the issue on my HP laptop,

:)

Stephanie Plummer, Feb 23, 2024
  2. barndoor Win User

Flickering and blinking laptop screen

I'm using a laptop with Windows 10 and an Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor. A few days ago I attached a Dell D3000 dock to my laptop, and almost immediately my laptop screen started to flicker and repeatedly blink off and on again. I disconnected the dock, which did not resolve the problem, and since then I've tried various techniques to fix the problem, but none of them have worked. In order, this comprised of:

1. attempting system restore - but all five restore points were corrupted (?!);
    2. updating the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    3. rolling back the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    4. uninstalling the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    5. downloading Windows 10 from the Microsoft site and re-installing it.
    The problem has persisted even when I disconnected everything from my laptop, took it to my workplace, and switched it on there (using its battery for power); so the following possible reasons can be ruled out: its location in my house, any attached peripherals, a faulty power cable.

I am certain the problem is in some way connected to the Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor:
    1. after I completely uninstalled it - which reverted the graphics card to the standard Microsoft one - the screen didn't flicker or blink once afterwards (I left the laptop switched on for about an hour without incident, whereas previously I would experience as many as ten 'events' a minute). This rules out a possible damaged connection between the body of the laptop and its screen. However, when Windows auto-installs updates it reinstates the Intel one...
    2. ...and when the laptop is switched on the screen flickers and repeatedly blinks off and on again...
    3. ...although, strangely, connecting an external monitor to the laptop (HDMI to HDMI) results in neither the laptop screen nor the external monitor flickering or blinking. The problem returns when I disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI port on the laptop.
    I now have the inescapable feeling that when I attached the dock I somehow fried the Intel display adaptor, and it isn't possible to fix it: I have read in the forums that replacing the graphics card on a laptop is well-nigh impossible. But if anyone else can suggest an approach I haven't yet tried I'd be very receptive!

As an aside, I contacted the retailer and they have sent me all of the drivers that are available for my system, but I don't know how to install them.

barndoor, Feb 23, 2024
  3. Windows 10 Hibernate issue with the HP laptop

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We would suggest you to runt the Power troubleshooter and check.

Try to run the troubleshooter and check.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit
      Enter.
    • Select View all from the left pane and select Power.
    • Follow the on-screen troubleshooter and try the steps.
    We would also suggest you to update the firmware of the BIOS and install the chipset drivers and check.

For steps related to updating firmware for the BIOS and chipset drivers, you may contact the HP.

Ravinath P, Feb 23, 2024
  4. My hp laptop is on the blink and I am trying to restore it back to Windows 10 because I...

1 yr. old HP wireless laptop can't connect to older HP wireless Printer

Different answers each time I called HP Yes/No Can be connected/No it can't. Last call suggested kill printer add back. It's not on the HP list and can't pick up blue blinking wireless signal . Older HP Inkjet 6350 year old HP laptop both wireless wizard
    asks for WPA

NO DISC, NO cables

Bryan55555, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

My hp laptop is on the blink and I am trying to restore it back to Windows 10 because I...

1. My hp laptop is on the blink and I am trying to restore it back to Windows 10 because I... - Similar Threads - laptop blink trying

2. My hp laptop is on the blink and I am trying to restore it back to Windows 10 because I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hp laptop is on the blink and I am trying to restore it back to Windows 10 because I...: I am trying to get my HP laptop back to its natural state with Windows 10 and I am having lots of issues. I can't get it to restore to it original store and I have been trying for a while. Can I get assistance to fix my issue to restore my HP to operational status? I reaching...
  3. My hp laptop is on the blink and I am trying to restore it back to Windows 10 because I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My hp laptop is on the blink and I am trying to restore it back to Windows 10 because I...: I am trying to get my HP laptop back to its natural state with Windows 10 and I am having lots of issues. I can't get it to restore to it original store and I have been trying for a while. Can I get assistance to fix my issue to restore my HP to operational status? I reaching...
  4. I am trying to log into my HP laptop but can't get in!

I am trying to log into my HP laptop but can't get in!: I forgot my password to get into my HP Laptop and it is telling me that my password is incorrect and to reset it at account.live.com/password/reset. I went in and changed my password but still can't get in. What steps am I missing because this is getting frustrating!!...
  5. I am trying to log into my HP laptop but can't get in!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to log into my HP laptop but can't get in!: I forgot my password to get into my HP Laptop and it is telling me that my password is incorrect and to reset it at account.live.com/password/reset. I went in and changed my password but still can't get in. What steps am I missing because this is getting frustrating!!...
  6. Hello, I am because of backup and restore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, I am because of backup and restore?: Hello again.I would like to know how to delete the hard drive from backup and restore window 7 so that it is not there from set up? Maybe you know an easy way to remove it or rub it off to get rid of it? Thanks for the help....
  7. Hello, I am because of backup and restore?

Hello, I am because of backup and restore?: Hello again.I would like to know how to delete the hard drive from backup and restore window 7 so that it is not there from set up? Maybe you know an easy way to remove it or rub it off to get rid of it? Thanks for the help....
  8. Hello, I am because of backup and restore?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. I need to restore my hp laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to restore my hp laptop: wanted to reset my hp laptop and followed F11 method to restore my laptop to its factory state by deleting all files. It’s been installing windows for many hours while kept restarting as part of the process. But I noticed that it starts from 66% and maximum it reaches 94%,...
  10. Whenever I am trying to open the Camera app on my Windows 10 HP Laptop I am getting the...

Whenever I am trying to open the Camera app on my Windows 10 HP Laptop I am getting the...: Screenshots attached for reference. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-am-trying-to-open-the-camera-app-on-my/b7783341-ff2a-4b7e-a48a-c1d977b3d5e7