Windows 10: My HP laptop keeps having unexpected shutdown

Discus and support My HP laptop keeps having unexpected shutdown in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm using windows 10 os on my HP laptop. The problem started with having black screen. I tried to fix it by referring to youtube. It says to press the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Noor Afiifah, Jan 7, 2020.

1. My HP laptop keeps having unexpected shutdown

I'm using windows 10 os on my HP laptop. The problem started with having black screen. I tried to fix it by referring to youtube. It says to press the power button for 15secs and choose the option provided. I did it and my black screen problem is gone. But when i inserted my password, the page would load for a long time around 5 to 10 minutes each time. When I'm able to login, the desktop page will again load for a very long time. Then windows will tell me that windows will shut down my computer in 1 minutes. What should i do?

:)

Noor Afiifah, Jan 7, 2020

2. Unexpected Shutdown

Hi

Please see response to your questions below

• Did you make any changes on the computer prior to this issue?
    No changes other than about a month ago reinstalling W10.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Other than checking updates have successfully installed, none as not sure approach to take.

• What was the exact error code/message you have received?
    No error code or message received. On the first occasion I was looking at outlook and without any warning the PC shutdown. It was almost as if it was a desktop (it is a laptop) and the power stopped. The laptop was plugged into the mains and in addition
    the battery had a full a full charge.

On restarting the laptop no error message came up and I only noted a small difference in boot up, that for a short period a blue screen was displayed (not normally seen on boot up) and then the start screen appeared for me to log in.

As mentioned previously the only reference to this is from the log which in the summary states that there was an unexpected shutdown.

GrahamDavies571, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Dann135 Win User
    Unexpected shutdown

My HP laptop constantly gets unexpected shutdowns, I don't know why. I did not overclock it or messed with anything that could possibly be affecting this.

I have looked through the event viewer, I do get a lot of events with the same ID (6008) which is the ID of the unexpected shutdown. Since there's no description for it, and perhaps each case of these event IDs is unique, I don't really know.

I've ran the troubleshooter for Blue Screen in the troubleshoot windows settings page but nothing was found. I also performed a system restore to where I'd think it wasn't happening, but it still does.

This is really getting on my nerves as I use this laptop at work and I do lose documents and other important things. Any help is appreciated!

Dann135, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Zeeba# Win User

My HP laptop keeps having unexpected shutdown

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

My HP laptop keeps having unexpected shutdown

1. My HP laptop keeps having unexpected shutdown - Similar Threads - laptop keeps having

2. The previous shutdown was unexpected. Keeps occuring.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The previous shutdown was unexpected. Keeps occuring.: Recently I have had crashing issues with no error under The previous system shutdown at 7:05:09 PM on ‎3/‎30/‎2024 was unexpected. I do not know the reason for this and it occurs during many tasks such as Gaming, and Browsing the web. I would appreciate some help.Log name:...
  3. my laptop shutdown unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop shutdown unexpectedly: Hello,I have an issue here, my laptop was shutdown unexpectedly two times.The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly....
  4. my laptop shutdown unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop shutdown unexpectedly: Hello,I have an issue here, my laptop was shutdown unexpectedly two times.The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly....
  5. My laptop shutdown unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop shutdown unexpectedly: HI I was wondering if I could ask a question please. Today I have noticed especially today that when I am reading something on the internet my laptop will just shutdown for no reason. I then have to push the power button to return my laptop back and then my laptop will work...
  6. My laptop shutdown unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop shutdown unexpectedly: HI I was wondering if I could ask a question please. Today I have noticed especially today that when I am reading something on the internet my laptop will just shutdown for no reason. I then have to push the power button to return my laptop back and then my laptop will work...
  7. Unexpected Shutdown in windows laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unexpected Shutdown in windows laptop: Below is my event log for this unexpected shutdown could someone help me to diagnose this problem+ System - Provider [ Name] EventLog - EventID 6008 [ Qualifiers] 32768 Version 0 Level 2 Task 0 Opcode 0 Keywords 0x80000000000000 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime]...
  8. unexpected shutdowns keeps dominating

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    unexpected shutdowns keeps dominating: hello microsoft community! i am here to tell my problems, since the last week i am repeatedly experiencing unexepected shutdowns in my windows 10, it is completely random and it has been happening everyday since last week. i did search for the same problem as i experiencing,...
  9. Laptop unexpected shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop unexpected shutdown: My laptop shuts down after about 20-25 mins when not connected. It started after a windows update. When connected to a power source, the laptop can run indefinitely. But once I disconnect from the power source, it shuts down an average of 23 mins after. Much worse, if I...
  10. Unexpected Laptop Shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexpected Laptop Shutdowns: My laptopis getting unexpected shutdowns, totally out of the blue when left idle. I have ran HP Hardware Diagnostics, Memory Diagnostics, Monitored CPU Temperatures, Updated Windows, Created Custom Power Plans but unable to pinpoint what is causing the shut downs. On checking...