Windows 10: My hp laptop screen goes black randomly

Discus and support My hp laptop screen goes black randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My hp gaming laptop screen goes blank and it comes back when i put my laptop on sleep mode and get back to my login page . And goes blank most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by afrozahmed1, Dec 8, 2018.

1. My hp laptop screen goes black randomly

My hp gaming laptop screen goes blank and it comes back when i put my laptop on sleep mode and get back to my login page . And goes blank most frequently while gaming on my laptop. Please give me a solution to fix this , Thank you.

:)

afrozahmed1, Dec 8, 2018
  2. Maria Fab Win User

Screen goes black

Hi,

To isolate your concern, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made on your laptop prior to this?
    • Does it only happen when you use Internet Explorer, or have you tried using a different browser?
    • Are there any external devices plugged into your laptop?

If your laptop experiences a black screen after upgrading to Windows 10, you may refer to this
    link on how to troubleshoot black screen errors. Follow the steps provided. For additional help with
    Internet Explorer, click here.

Let us know how it goes.

Maria Fab, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Screen goes black

Hi Kris,

It is possible that your screen goes black may be due to a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when it turns black?
    • Have you tried checking if the sleep mode is turned on/off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blank/black screen errors. This will provide you instruction when you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10 and when you see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 8, 2018
  4. John Vil Win User

My hp laptop screen goes black randomly

HP zbook goes to black screen after boot up and wont let me access start up menu to repair it

Hello Giovanny,

One possible reason why the laptop goes to a black screen while booting up may be due to a corrupted system file. To provide you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any significant hardware/software changes prior to this happening?
    • Do you see the Windows logo before the screen goes black?
    • Does it reboot after awhile or does it stay on a black screen?
    • Do you see any blinking LED lights on your laptop that indicates any activity?

We're looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

My hp laptop screen goes black randomly

1. My hp laptop screen goes black randomly - Similar Threads - laptop screen goes

2. Screen goes black on new HP laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen goes black on new HP laptop: I am currently setting up a new HP laptop and the screen keeps going black but not completely off after about 1 minute. The only way I’ve been able to turn it back on, is to shut the laptop down and restart it. When the screen is off, no keyboard buttons work including ctrl...
  3. Screen goes black on new HP laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black on new HP laptop: I am currently setting up a new HP laptop and the screen keeps going black but not completely off after about 1 minute. The only way I’ve been able to turn it back on, is to shut the laptop down and restart it. When the screen is off, no keyboard buttons work including ctrl...
  4. Screen goes black on new HP laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen goes black randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black randomly: Hello everyone,The screen of a Windows Server 2012 Essentials with version 6.2.920000 randomly turns black and the system seems to be frozen, forcing us to physically reboot the machine.It happens completely by surprise.By looking into the event visor, everything seems pretty...
  6. Screen goes black randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black randomly: Hello everyone,The screen of a Windows Server 2012 Essentials with version 6.2.920000 randomly turns black and the system seems to be frozen, forcing us to physically reboot the machine.It happens completely by surprise.By looking into the event visor, everything seems pretty...
  7. hp Laptop Screen Goes Black

in Windows 10 Customization
    hp Laptop Screen Goes Black: I was trying to input a new Windows PIN I had forgotten my PIN after months of not using the laptop and as I was thinking of a new and clever PIN my hp Laptop gave me that little doorbell ring to indicate it was doing something and it did......................the screen went...
  8. Hp Pavilion 15 screen goes black randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hp Pavilion 15 screen goes black randomly: Hello, my HP Pavilion 15 notebook pc's screen just blackout when I change the angle of the lid or even barely move it, it keeps on, on a certain angle even the slightest move would turn it off, I think this is the lid sensor acting up but I am not sure, and it keeps doing...
  9. HP Laptop Powers On & Screen Goes Black

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Laptop Powers On & Screen Goes Black: A friend of my brother's has asked me to look and see if I can fix his HP Laptop that he just bought at Walmart. He told me over the phone that it will boot up/power up but the screen eventually goes black after it's powered on. I will have the computer on Tuesday. I am...
  10. my hp laptop screen goes black randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my hp laptop screen goes black randomly: my hp laptop screen goes black randomly when using it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-laptop-screen-goes-black-randomly/7478cfe4-7112-476c-b98d-6d950f69071d