Windows 10: my hp laptop screen goes black randomly

Discus and support my hp laptop screen goes black randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my hp laptop screen goes black randomly when using it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KwameNyarko, Apr 2, 2020.

1. my hp laptop screen goes black randomly

my hp laptop screen goes black randomly when using it

:)

KwameNyarko, Apr 2, 2020
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

My hp laptop screen goes black randomly

Hi afrozahmed1,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. What is the model of HP laptop you are using?
    2. Does the black screen occur while using the PC or while restarting the machine?
    3. Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to the issue?
    4. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type:winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I appreciate the time you have taken to resolve this issue. There can be many reasons for booting to a black screen.
    These screens may appear with or without the mouse pointer.
    The main causes are Problems with the driver for your display adapter or incompatible application.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank
    screen errors
    refer the section
    I see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

If that doesn’t help, I would also suggest you to go through the article provided by HP on
    Troubleshooting Screen Issues (Windows 10, 8, 7),
    refer the section No image on the screen, or the screen is blank.

Disclaimer: The article include the step of updating BIOS. Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems
    that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Apr 2, 2020
  3. My hp laptop screen goes black randomly

My hp gaming laptop screen goes blank and it comes back when i put my laptop on sleep mode and get back to my login page . And goes blank most frequently while gaming on my laptop. Please give me a solution to fix this , Thank you.

afrozahmed1, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Maria Fab Win User

my hp laptop screen goes black randomly

Screen goes black

Hi,

To isolate your concern, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made on your laptop prior to this?
    • Does it only happen when you use Internet Explorer, or have you tried using a different browser?
    • Are there any external devices plugged into your laptop?

If your laptop experiences a black screen after upgrading to Windows 10, you may refer to this
    link on how to troubleshoot black screen errors. Follow the steps provided. For additional help with
    Internet Explorer, click here.

Let us know how it goes.

Maria Fab, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

my hp laptop screen goes black randomly

1. my hp laptop screen goes black randomly - Similar Threads - laptop screen goes

2. Laptop Screen goes black and alt-tabs randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Screen goes black and alt-tabs randomly: For about a month now my laptop screen goes black randomly for a second or so and alt-tabs from the current game. This issue happens mainly while gaming. While surfing in the web there are some vertical lines going yellow/black at a constant area of 7 cm height at about ⅔ of...
  3. Laptop screen goes black

Laptop screen goes black: Just booted up windows then the screen goes black then turns back on every 5 seconds. Cant access anything properly. Thought it was wallpaper engine trying to turn on but to no avail. Not able to access previous drivers since i cant gain access to the settings. Any help will...
  4. Computer goes to a black screen randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer goes to a black screen randomly: My windows 10 pc randomly goes to a black screen on the monitor as if nothing is connected to it. Shortly there after I lose connect to the computer (discord and Spotify both stop) and then the mouse and keyboard are unresponsive. Originally I thought it was a graphics card...
  5. Laptop Goes to Black Screen at Startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Goes to Black Screen at Startup: I own an Asus TUF Gaming Fx504 Series laptop that just recently encountered a serious error. It froze on me one day while I was using it, so I performed a force shut down. My computer went into Automatic Repair, claims it diagnosed and fixed the C: Drive, but I still couldn't...
  6. My hp laptop stuck on a black screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My hp laptop stuck on a black screen.: My laptop running on windows 10 is stuck on a black screen. When I power it on, it doesn't show the windows logo or the hp logo. It's just black unless I press the esc key then it opens the bios setup. I tried booting with usb, but again it's just black after I press on the...
  7. Screen goes black

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen goes black: I am using Windows 10, my setup is running the most recent windows update, and I keep my system safe with up to date Norton360. But I am pretty computer illiterate. So I ask with the utter most sincerity to simplify as much as you can. I've been having a reoccurring problem...
  8. My hp laptop screen goes black randomly

My hp laptop screen goes black randomly: My hp gaming laptop screen goes blank and it comes back when i put my laptop on sleep mode and get back to my login page . And goes blank most frequently while gaming on my laptop. Please give me a solution to fix this , Thank you....
  9. laptop screen goes black

laptop screen goes black: why does the screen on my laptop keep going black? I can still hear a show (if I'm watching you tube), but the screen goes black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-screen-goes-black/7a0cbae2-a61f-49ca-aab3-f92bd7b69ddf
  10. Laptop goes to black screen in 2 minutes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop goes to black screen in 2 minutes.: Hello, Just installed Windows 10 yesterday. I have a Toshiba laptop. When no programs are running and I'm not working on the laptop, it automatically goes to a black screen now after 2-3 minutes. When I then touch a button or the mouse, it goes back to normal screen, and I...