Windows 10: My HP Laptop Shut Down

Discus and support My HP Laptop Shut Down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I grabbed my HP laptop in this one spot, to the right of the mouse pad, where I usually grab it when I pick it up at first. But, for the second time in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BBerry36, May 4, 2021.

1. BBerry36 Win User

My HP Laptop Shut Down

I grabbed my HP laptop in this one spot, to the right of the mouse pad, where I usually grab it when I pick it up at first. But, for the second time in two days when I picked it up my computer suddenly just shut down and restarted. Except I do that all the time, I grab it there, and then when it's lifted I grab the back to support it, so what's happened? Why did it just suddenly shut down?

:)

BBerry36, May 4, 2021
  2. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, May 4, 2021
  3. eswardev Win User
    My 2 months old HP laptop (HP 15-ay106ne) is suddenly shutting down

I'm from India. I bought a HP 15-ay106ne laptop through my uncle in Abu Dubai on 01-01-2017.

After a week I noticed that it didn't charge up to 100%. After 15 days I noticed that it suddenly shuts down when the charging reaches 15% without any notification about plug-in. After few days it shuts down in between 15% and 20%.

Now it's shutting down in between 36%-40% of charging. I found that the battery backup is also not good. Original backup is 10 hours but my laptop gives 5 hours of battery backup.

I gave my laptop in to a HP service centre and they said it has a hardware problem. In India the spare parts are not available so please go to Dubai with your laptop.

I preferred to buy it in Dubai because of its international warranty. But now they are not going to help me out of this problem.

Please help me to get my laptop in good condition. And suggest me how to decrease the cycle count.

eswardev, May 4, 2021
  4. My HP Laptop Shut Down

HP Pavilion 15 randomly shuts down incorrectly if fast startup enabled

I've just updated an HP Pavilion 15 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (Home 64 bit). If fast startup is enabled, the laptop freezes at the very least step of the shutting down process. The shutting down process goes like this:

1. First you click on shut down
    2. The shut down screen appears
    3. The screen turns off and then the fan starts to spin at high speed
    4. After 4-5 seconds, the fan stops
    5. The laptop is completely turned off, no lights are turned on (in most of PC's)

Well, my problem is that randomly, the Pavilion 15 freezes after step 4 has been completed, with the light of the ON/OFF button turned on forever. Sometimes it turns off correctly, but many other times this happens. If I disable the fast startup, this won't happen and it will always turn off correctly.

What can I do?
    How is it that it's random?

I've tested this with no apps running on background, so that can't be the reason, besides, no apps or programs can freeze the system after the step 4 has been completed, since they are all shut down after step 1.

Also, the fast startup option was activated when I was using Windows 8.1 and never had a single problem with this laptop.

rambomhtri, May 4, 2021
Thema:

My HP Laptop Shut Down

1. My HP Laptop Shut Down - Similar Threads - Laptop Shut Down

2. HP laptop shutting down at 40%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laptop shutting down at 40%: My Hp Laptop started shutting down on it's own once the battery gets to 40% when unplugged i.e when not charging. What can I do to solve this problem? I've spoken with windows three times and they have done multiple things to help me but it has not fixed the issue. They...
  3. HP laptop shutting down at 40%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP laptop shutting down at 40%: My Hp Laptop started shutting down on it's own once the battery gets to 40% when unplugged i.e when not charging. What can I do to solve this problem? I've spoken with windows three times and they have done multiple things to help me but it has not fixed the issue. They...
  4. HP laptop shutting down at 40%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. my laptop is not shutting down

my laptop is not shutting down: My Lenovo laptop was working fine until i started it up from it being shut down and the battery 0 after charging it and trying to turn it off it brings me to the Boot Menu. From here i can't exit or select any of the options. If i shut it down, it would just automatically...
  6. HP laptop keeps shutting down by itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP laptop keeps shutting down by itself: My HP Pavilion x360 Convertible randomly shuts down by itself and now says "no battery is detected". I've got an online test coming up so please help me with what I can do to fix this. Thank you...
  7. Hp Envy Laptop shuts down unexpectedly.

Hp Envy Laptop shuts down unexpectedly.: G'day guys, My envy Laptop shuts down unexpectedly and then immediately restarts. It has occurred around 4 times over the last 2 months mainly while I'm watching online lectures. My problem is I have online exams and if the Laptop shuts down during one of these the exam is...
  8. HP Laptop frequently shuts down to reboot.

HP Laptop frequently shuts down to reboot.: HP Laptop frequently shuts down and reboots. Only software I added was a 2010 version of Word, Excel, etc.; and Turbo Tax. Could that be the problem?...
  9. My laptop is shutting down

My laptop is shutting down: Recently i left my laptop to a service for a fix it was shutting down whenever i start some game no matter what ... like games from 2003 old and should run good on my laptop. So couple of week there after cleaned and changed the fan the laptop approved a bit whenever i get it...
  10. HP Laptop shutting down without warning.

HP Laptop shutting down without warning.: Hello, I have been having an issue with my HP Laptop for a few days, my device would shut itself down when the battery is around 20-30% without warning and before the battery saver mode is turned on which is supposed to give me plenty of time to plug the charger in. Once I...