Windows 10: My hp laptop stuck on a black screen.

Discus and support My hp laptop stuck on a black screen. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop running on windows 10 is stuck on a black screen. When I power it on, it doesn't show the windows logo or the hp logo. It's just black unless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kaucyk, Mar 23, 2020.

1. /u/Kaucyk Win User

My hp laptop stuck on a black screen.

My laptop running on windows 10 is stuck on a black screen. When I power it on, it doesn't show the windows logo or the hp logo. It's just black unless I press the esc key then it opens the bios setup.

I tried booting with usb, but again it's just black after I press on the usb boot file. I pressed system recovery, same thing. Black screen and nothing else. I browsed the net for some solutions. Some said to update the bios, some said to reset the CMOS battery and the ram chip, so I did. But the same problem exists. I can hear the fan running. The LEDs are blinking. I also performed all the memory checks including the hard drive test. Everything passed. That means my hard drive is alright, right?

On pressing and holding win+v and turning the laptop on while still holding it displays an error 'cmos checksum is invalid' also an error 502 occured. Please help me. I need to know what's wrong with my laptop. I need to complete my final year projects and with the whole country lockdown, there's nowhere I can diagnose it or repair it. I really need help.

submitted by /u/Kaucyk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kaucyk, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Hendry Win User

Windows 10 stuck at black screen

hi, i tried upgrading my windows 7, but failed 5 times.
    step 1 on copying files are 100%
    step 2 installing features n updates are 100%
    step 3 FAILED, it stuck on black screen and freeze, nothing i can do besides force restart and its restored to my windows 7 back.

any idea how to solve this? it's always stuck at 75% step 2 and when go to step 3 is freeze ( 5 times in row, i'm thinking give up or buy new laptop with windows 10*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin)

p.s i'm currently downloading ISO file to blank DVD hopefully it's worksMy hp laptop stuck on a black screen. :)

Hendry, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    My hp laptop screen goes black randomly

Hi afrozahmed1,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. What is the model of HP laptop you are using?
    2. Does the black screen occur while using the PC or while restarting the machine?
    3. Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to the issue?
    4. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type:winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I appreciate the time you have taken to resolve this issue. There can be many reasons for booting to a black screen.
    These screens may appear with or without the mouse pointer.
    The main causes are Problems with the driver for your display adapter or incompatible application.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank
    screen errors
    refer the section
    I see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

If that doesn’t help, I would also suggest you to go through the article provided by HP on
    Troubleshooting Screen Issues (Windows 10, 8, 7),
    refer the section No image on the screen, or the screen is blank.

Disclaimer: The article include the step of updating BIOS. Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems
    that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Darshan J Win User

HP Laptop occasional Black Screen

Hello Tom,

Just need couple of information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your Laptop?
    • When you face black screen issue do you see any error message/code?
    • Do you see multiple Display drivers in Device manager?

Ideally there should be only one display drivers listed in device manager, If two drivers are seen possibly you could have installed two drivers or automatic updates should have installed the display drivers.

Sometimes Drivers are updated, however they may not be able get synched to the server to download the drivers. If you are not sure if the drivers are up to date you can go to manufacturer website and check for the release date and version.

When you update the troubleshooter it checks for the version and if any latest version it will update the drivers.

If you are unsure genuine drivers are installed on your Laptop, You can uninstall the drivers and download the drivers from manufacturer website and install them on your computer.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Refer the below steps to uninstall the drivers.

Uninstall the display drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    • Search for Display Adapter and expand it.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and select Uninstall.
    • Follow the onscreen steps.

Reinstall the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Go to the manufacturer’s website and then download the latest network driver. Once you have successfully downloaded the driver you can install the driver.

Drivers and updates for HP Laptop.

HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Get back to us if you need further information on your query we will be happy to help you.

Darshan J, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

1. My hp laptop stuck on a black screen. - Similar Threads - laptop stuck black

2. HP laptop is stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laptop is stuck on black screen: I reset my laptop back to factory and it took a while to delete everything but when it was done it was just stuck on the blank screen so I came home from work and tried turning it back on and it's still blank screen and when I move the mouse, you can see the pointer for a...
  3. HP laptop is stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP laptop is stuck on black screen: I reset my laptop back to factory and it took a while to delete everything but when it was done it was just stuck on the blank screen so I came home from work and tried turning it back on and it's still blank screen and when I move the mouse, you can see the pointer for a...
  4. HP laptop is stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. HP laptop black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laptop black screen: My HP laptop has a problem, when I turn on the computer, the computer screen remains black but the fan is running. The cap lock button isn’t blinking so it isn’t a bios problem. I tired various solutions on the internet such as turning on the pc while pressing windows and B...
  6. HP laptop black screen

HP laptop black screen: My HP laptop has a problem, when I turn on the computer, the computer screen remains black but the fan is running. The cap lock button isn’t blinking so it isn’t a bios problem. I tired various solutions on the internet such as turning on the pc while pressing windows and B...
  7. Black screen on my Laptop HP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen on my Laptop HP: 1st try "sfc /scannow" it When i run DISM, "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth" it returns an error:87 the Cleanup-Image I can run "Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /?" After all test done restart laptop it's coming on but screen is blank so help please Thanks...
  8. Black screen on my Laptop HP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on my Laptop HP: 1st try "sfc /scannow" it When i run DISM, "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth" it returns an error:87 the Cleanup-Image I can run "Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /?" After all test done restart laptop it's coming on but screen is blank so help please Thanks...
  9. Black screen on my Laptop HP

10. Laptop stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop stuck on black screen: My acer aspire laptop is stuck on a black screen. The power light is on when I press the power button but the screen is just black. When I try do press shift-Ctrl-windows-B it will flicker but still remains black. It’s fully charged but just nothing. This happened before a...