Windows 10: My HP laptop with core I5-6200U processor says it's not eligible for Windows 11 upgrade.

Discus and support My HP laptop with core I5-6200U processor says it's not eligible for Windows 11 upgrade. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My HP laptop with core I5-6200U processor says it's not eligible for Windows 11 upgrade but when I look on the Microsoft web site for Windows 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TimWWalker, Dec 9, 2021.

1. My HP laptop with core I5-6200U processor says it's not eligible for Windows 11 upgrade.

My HP laptop with core I5-6200U processor says it's not eligible for Windows 11 upgrade but when I look on the Microsoft web site for Windows 11 minimum requirements this processor is listed multiple times. Is this some sort of a glitch where they aren't recognizing my processor accurately? I would think a core I5 even though it's 4 years old would meet the requirements. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks

:)

TimWWalker, Dec 9, 2021

2. I have a HP Pavilion Computer with Intel CORE i5 processor. Is it suitable for Windows 10?

I have a HP Pavilion Computer with Intel CORE i5 processor. Is it suitable for Windows 10?

B.Thyagarajan, Dec 9, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Quad-Core processor HP laptop appears to have just 2 cores

Dutch news today:

"HP will adjust incorrect indication of 'quad' at Pavilion 17
    Olaf van Miltenburg, Friday, December 11th, 2015 13:09, 11 comments • Feedback

HP will adapt the specification lists some 17 Pavilion laptops to ensure that the AMD processor no longer erroneously designated as quad. According to the manufacturer concerned a mistake. Purchasers of the laptop are legally entitled to a repair or replacement.

The mention of the presence of a quad is a mistake that has crept specification lists, says HP spokesman Herbert Wormgoor. "The HP Pavilion 17 is unintentionally put down with a quad-core processor in HP's data sheets. HP has taken action to correct the information. Customers can contact the retailer where they purchased the product for further information and support," the entire states statement from the company.

HP will adapt the information on as many places and stores in light of the steps to take. Details on these steps the company can not give, but the consumer is clear about this. Based on article 17 of Book 7 of the Dutch Civil Code, a product must meet the expectations of the consumer.

The Authority Consumer & Market clarifies that a product is defective if it does not work as promised by the seller or manufacturer for example in advertising or does not meet the specifications. "In principle, you must first ask for repair or replacement, and only then can you reclaim your money," explains ICT lawyer Arnoud Engelfriet increasing.

It involves Pavilion 17 laptops sold in the Netherlands with model numbers p030nd and p031nd and in Belgium as p074nb. If the laptop also supplied abroad with incorrect processor designation is not known. Not only the specification lists mention the presence of an AMD A8-7050 quad-core, also in commercials and on the box was this designation. Based on a CPU-Z screenshot of a user of Hardware.info, and according to testing the site, it appeared earlier this week to deal with a dual-core performance to match. The AMD A8-7050 seems to be used by HP and it would be the first A8 APU with two instead of four cores. The specifications of the integrated Radeon R5 video chip are correct. There are no dual-core APUs of AMD known, the specifications similar to those of the corresponding chip in the HP-laptops.
    "

Translated with google translate.

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/106800/h...vilion-17-aanpassen.html?nb=2015-12-11&u=1300

P4-630, Dec 9, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

My HP laptop with core I5-6200U processor says it's not eligible for Windows 11 upgrade.

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Dec 9, 2021
Thema:

My HP laptop with core I5-6200U processor says it's not eligible for Windows 11 upgrade.

1. My HP laptop with core I5-6200U processor says it's not eligible for Windows 11 upgrade. - Similar Threads - laptop core 6200U

2. windows 11 upgrade for my laptop not eligible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 upgrade for my laptop not eligible?: Hello, I have a HP Laptop that is i7-7500U @ 2.70GHz, PC health check says CPU not eligible for windows 11. I am reading that certain CPUs are not eligible because of security vulnerabilities. However, on health check it states that TPM 2.0 is available and active, I thought...
  3. Windows 11 eligible Processors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 eligible Processors: Please find attached the specs of my PC. It satisfies everything except for the processor ?.But in the enlisted Processors my processor is very much there ?. Still I cannot upgrade to Windows 11.My Processor in the list:Specs of my PCPleas enlighten me further.Dr Abdul...
  4. Windows 11 eligible Processors

Windows 11 eligible Processors: Please find attached the specs of my PC. It satisfies everything except for the processor ?.But in the enlisted Processors my processor is very much there ?. Still I cannot upgrade to Windows 11.My Processor in the list:Specs of my PCPleas enlighten me further.Dr Abdul...
  5. My HP laptop with core I5-6200U processor says it's not eligible for Windows 11 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP laptop with core I5-6200U processor says it's not eligible for Windows 11 upgrade.: My HP laptop with core I5-6200U processor says it's not eligible for Windows 11 upgrade but when I look on the Microsoft web site for Windows 11 minimum requirements this processor is listed multiple times. Is this some sort of a glitch where they aren't recognizing my...
  6. My HP laptop with core I5-6200U processor says it's not eligible for Windows 11 upgrade.

My HP laptop with core I5-6200U processor says it's not eligible for Windows 11 upgrade.: My HP laptop with core I5-6200U processor says it's not eligible for Windows 11 upgrade but when I look on the Microsoft web site for Windows 11 minimum requirements this processor is listed multiple times. Is this some sort of a glitch where they aren't recognizing my...
  7. Windows 11 Upgrade "Intel Core I5-6200U" not compatible..!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade "Intel Core I5-6200U" not compatible..!?: Windows PC Health Check App reports that I cant get Windows 11 upgrade coz of incompatible Processor. But it itself detects my processor correctly, being, Intel Core I5 - 6200U. This processor is very much compatible as per the Hardware Requirements displayed by Microsoft....
  8. Windows 11 Upgrade "Intel Core I5-6200U" not compatible..!?

Windows 11 Upgrade "Intel Core I5-6200U" not compatible..!?: Windows PC Health Check App reports that I cant get Windows 11 upgrade coz of incompatible Processor. But it itself detects my processor correctly, being, Intel Core I5 - 6200U. This processor is very much compatible as per the Hardware Requirements displayed by Microsoft....
  9. Win 11 Intel Core i5-6200U 2.30 GHz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Intel Core i5-6200U 2.30 GHz: AfternoonI am wondering why the above noted processor is not supported.The Lenovo laptop meets all other requirements. It has TPM 2.0 active. Also, all the other requirements from the PC Health check were met.ThanksBob...
  10. Win 11 Intel Core i5-6200U 2.30 GHz

Win 11 Intel Core i5-6200U 2.30 GHz: AfternoonI am wondering why the above noted processor is not supported.The Lenovo laptop meets all other requirements. It has TPM 2.0 active. Also, all the other requirements from the PC Health check were met.ThanksBob...