Windows 10: My HP laptop with windows 10 shuts down every two minutes if I do not move the mouse or use...

Discus and support My HP laptop with windows 10 shuts down every two minutes if I do not move the mouse or use... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have looked at power settings. That is not the problem. I have Norton operational. I am running malicious software tool now. I cannot leave... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Bobby(D), Feb 25, 2019.

1. Bobby(D) Win User

My HP laptop with windows 10 shuts down every two minutes if I do not move the mouse or use...

I have looked at power settings. That is not the problem. I have Norton operational. I am running malicious software tool now. I cannot leave machine while scan is running, or system goes to sleep. Display goes black, and fan stops. This machine also seems to always be running something which slows it down. Fan keeps running like jet engine. The machine is clean. It is about a year old with I7, 8G RAM and Terabite hard drive.

:)

Bobby(D), Feb 25, 2019

2. HP Envy X2 Laptop Critical Process Died in Windows 10

Have a HP Envy X2 laptop with Windows 10. When I power it on it:

1. Goes into Preparing Automatic Repair state with the HP logo and spinning dots below it.
    2. Then goes into the Blue screen of death stating Critical Process Died.
    3. After about a couple of minutes the HP logo reappears with the spinning dots (but no automatic repair message)
    4. Finally the laptop shuts down.
    5. I attempt to power it on again, then it repeats the previous steps.
    So I cannot get into Windows 10. I've tried getting into safe mode but was unsuccessful.

I have the Windows 10 media file on an USB drive. Can someone advise me how do I install a clean copy of Windows during the boot up process? Or at least get into safe mode?

TommyYipOD, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    No mouse cursor

Hi,

It is possible that the system did not recognize the mouse of your computer after it booted up. This can be the reason why you do not see the mouse cursor. Kindly perform a power cycle to refresh the power of the computer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Shutdown the computer.
    • After shutting it down, remove the battery (if you're using a laptop) and disconnect the computer from the charger.
    • Wait for 1 minute.
    • After 1 minute, attach the battery and turn on the computer.
    • Check if you will see the mouse cursor.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Feb 25, 2019
  4. bsamot69 Win User

My HP laptop with windows 10 shuts down every two minutes if I do not move the mouse or use...

HP laptop windows 10 becomes inop after 15 minutes

HP laptop windows 10 . Laptop is a year old and has only been used the past 3 months. boots up okay , however, after about 15 minutes of internet use wireless mouse becomes inop as well as built mouse pad. able to restart unit with keyboard and same
    problem. whatever other info you need i can provide on request.

bsamot69, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

1. My HP laptop with windows 10 shuts down every two minutes if I do not move the mouse or use... - Similar Threads - laptop shuts down

2. My laptop shuts down every 29 minutes Minidump file available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop shuts down every 29 minutes Minidump file available: Hello, My computer with the Asus X550VX brand model shuts down directly by turning off the power 29 minutes after it is turned on, I am waiting for your support to solve the problem.Minidump...
  3. My laptop shuts down every 29 minutes Minidump file available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop shuts down every 29 minutes Minidump file available: Hello, My computer with the Asus X550VX brand model shuts down directly by turning off the power 29 minutes after it is turned on, I am waiting for your support to solve the problem.Minidump...
  4. My laptop shuts down every 29 minutes Minidump file available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. MY LAPTOP SHUT DOWNS EVERY 5 MINUTES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MY LAPTOP SHUT DOWNS EVERY 5 MINUTES: BEFORE TOTALLY SHUTTING DOWN, THE FF WORDS APPEARS ON MY LAP TOP.Stop code:KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLEDWhat failed:Ndu.sysYour kind technical advice is highly appreciated.Best regards,Arnel...
  6. MY LAPTOP SHUT DOWNS EVERY 5 MINUTES

MY LAPTOP SHUT DOWNS EVERY 5 MINUTES: BEFORE TOTALLY SHUTTING DOWN, THE FF WORDS APPEARS ON MY LAP TOP.Stop code:KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLEDWhat failed:Ndu.sysYour kind technical advice is highly appreciated.Best regards,Arnel...
  7. MY LAPTOP SHUT DOWNS EVERY 5 MINUTES

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. My HP Laptop on windows 10 crashes every few minutes while using it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My HP Laptop on windows 10 crashes every few minutes while using it: I have done clean re-installs of windows 10 and it keeps happening. I've gotten a ton of different errors including:Boot device not foundWHEA: Uncorrectable ErrorRecovery: Looks like windows didnt load correctlyAn automatic repair screen saying log file:...
  9. My HP Laptop Shut Down

My HP Laptop Shut Down: I grabbed my HP laptop in this one spot, to the right of the mouse pad, where I usually grab it when I pick it up at first. But, for the second time in two days when I picked it up my computer suddenly just shut down and restarted. Except I do that all the time, I grab it...
  10. My laptop keeps shutting down after 2 minutes of use

My laptop keeps shutting down after 2 minutes of use: I have a MSI GF75 Thin 9SC laptop and a week ago, I have upgraded my RAM. Basically now I have 16 GB in total, and yes, they both are the same company with same parameters. I'm usingWindows 10. For a week, I was 3D modeling and playing games even more smoothly than...